What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Light interruption in early flower

Weedar

Hello all.

First time poster and english is not my first language :)
I recently put some Green Gelato in 12/12. The weekend I was busy with my kids and I forgot to close the tent. So there was alot of light exposure for the plant from friday to saturday night. Should I abandon this grow, or can I do something. Maybe put them some weeks in pure 18/6 or since it so early just flower and pray.

Kind regard,
Weedar :thank you:

Grapefruitroop

In my opinion...
Do not abandon the grow and just make sure it doesent happen again....
My main concern will not be the light leak but if the plants came from seeds than you may find some that will freak out for this or that and put some bananas .....maybe....keep an eye on em
If the genetic is solid it will not hurt a sporadic event like that...
Is that a clone that you could get some info about it or is a polihybrid seed?
Good luck!

Scrappy-doo

One day isn't going to affect them at all. I wouldn't worry one little bit. Done it a hundred times.

Weedar

Hello Grapefruitroop, and thanks for the reply.

I didn't know about polyhybrids as a term, and that they tend to a little more unstable. I think Green Gelato is a polyhybrid. It's a cross from Sunset Sherbert and Thin Mint Cookies. I will just give them love and care, and if some of them hermes I will take them out and give more room for the others.

Thank you for the informative reply, and for pointing me in the right direction :)

cheers,
Weedar

Weedar

Hello Scrappy-doo and thank for your reply.

I really needed those comforting words :)
I will just give them love and care, and hope for its just water under the bridge in their part.

Ha a great week!

Cheers,
Weedar

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
What everyone else has said, this is a very common problem occurring with indoor grows, the light interruption may slow things down a bit but flowering will resume quickly. :)

Weedar

Thank you all for the replies.
I will just take care of them, and try to never do it again :)

cheers!

Vandenberg

You have gained some valuable experience. Whoops!

You have gained some valuable experience. Whoops!

An out of cycle major light leak, welcome to the club. :plant grow:
Don't Panic, It's Organic!
Even if its not organic, don't panic.
This grow will be everything you hoped for, I predict. :)

Happy Gardening,
Vandenberg :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nor does the opposite have much effect if lights are off a day or 2. Like other posters, you'll do fine!!

Latest posts

Latest posts