What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gooey, gummy, sticky...what happened?

negative37dBA

Veteran
The real reason comes down to one thing....MONEY. I take time when I harvest. Let it dry slow and cool. I also let my harvest come to a full finish...that sometimes takes 11 weeks. Then another 10 days to dry, then another 2 weeks burping in jars. Then comes the actual cure. That does not happen for the most part in the rec canna game. I worked at a facility for awhile. Now remember, I had ZERO control over what was done, I was just a grunt. The way product was handled was a sin. Instead of low and slow it was fast and high for the dry. Hung in a 90 degree quansi and 2 big ass dehueys running full bore...not how you want to do it. I saw all kinds of shit practices. Nothing with pesticides thank god but just no respect for the product or quality.
Now I did see some nice distillate come out of there though. The funny part was that I worked at a farm that had over 1000 plants and my home grown GG4 was far superior than ANYTHING grown there! I would bring down nugs and people would always choose it over what was there. That is why I only liked the clear from there.
picture.php

Liquid gold. This was my run. Came from a very nice outdoor plant...just the trim. I was proud of that color!
picture.php

This is a sexy swirl stack if I ever saw one.
picture.php

A gooey Glue shot too!!
picture.php

Have great day all.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

120Octane

That sticky....

That sticky, when you spin the lid off a jar and destroy the room....you reach in and its all stuck together like a wad and you box to get it out, or a turkey bag.. reach in and its a ball if its not jammed in a corner....take your finger and stab a finger into it and about half a finger nail in it crumbles apart....like a popcorn ball doing a soil test for moisture....

Sticky icky....

That is from a balance the grower has...Yes the mineral wheel is heavly involved and what most piss away a decade doing is in and out of the rabbit holes...

Sticky Icky a bowl or a small joint should carry you into the 3 hour mark...that is love only a grower can have...You can jump on organic bullshit, you can jump on salt bullshit....

Honesty of it all is only way sticky is showing up is by someone that can pay attention to the needs of the plant..Nobody can buy that.....passion...

Seen the better part of the rec market in colorado...get you high for 45 minutes, drop 3 nugs of 5 strains on a upside down mason jar lid with the ring...

How many go thump? Better be every nug just like droping the nickle on the lid...toss 5 strains on the lid and connot tell wich is what.....It all smells the same no matter which shop it comes from, day 3 leave it on the counter the stone is gone, the putrid piss smell is gone and you have crumbs smaller than a nickle....Denver, Colorado spring Pueblo, pagonia why does it all smell the same no matter who's shop or strain it comes from...lil spray of terpines right as it ends whole plant dry....

It all applys to everyone commercial or not...Sticky pays a premium, not everyone can be icky, 30 years plus in this not even 50 trust me only the cream can do it.....Nothing illegal or shown in testing if a terpine was sprayed on before testing....If you have done the time then all you do is pick it up and drop it and know whats in there....That hit taste like dab but its not all dab...you cannot fake that or spray it.....you can clean the outside down like a lawn mower sticky has that taste.....

Nobody is a master and as soon as that claim is made, reply back, Hello Chad....

mexweed

Veteran
a lot of it is genetics too, certain strains end up stickier than others when both are dried and cured the exact same way, chem stuff seems to always do it, last grow I had some afghani that stayed nice and sticky

So I've been smoking some of my fresh cut...and I like it quite a bit better than the dehydrated commercial weed. I'm careful with my weed not to touch it too much and rub off the little trichome heads, etc. I doubt they're so careful at a commercial facility. My weed is fresh and sticky right off the vine more so than the packaged stuff which isn't sticky and gooey at all. I like my fresh cut better.

Yep. I just harvested my 1000w metal halide hydro grow. First grow in a long time...strain Cheese. My buds are all gooey and sticky as hell...way better than dehydrated commercial weed for sure. So that must be the answer. Grow your own high test and it'll be gooey. Fresh.

Sunshineinabag

Before it was legal(a long while back)...I used to get weed that was nice and gooey and sticky and gummy. Nowadays, that it's legal, all I get is this perfectly dehydrated and 'cured' at 62 percent relative humidity sponge weed. I call it sponge weed cause it's always spongy...not gooey and sticky.

I don't want perfectly dehydrated 62 percent humidity weed with that dumb packet in it...I want the old gummy stuff.

Greed