What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth 2 Mars

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got this new light,, I like it alot,, you can run the ballasts external and its got a dimmer,, it's a nice set and it's been really easy to setup,, il put some pictures of the tent up soon

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Unboxing,, its exactly what you see,, it's simple,, you get a nice set of hangers and it's basically idiot proof

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would really love to know how to make my pictures full screen and not just thumb nail pictures,,

rolandomota

Lol o thought this was about the recent space launch with a flying drone to explore Mars cool huh also a test to make oxygen out of co2 on Mars step one to colonization

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Il do that with the next set,, I have no idea why ic seems to flip some photos and not others,, im sure they are not being took in funny ways,, il figure it out at some point,,il get round it one way or another

Anyway,,
I got the light up!!! immediately put 4 mothers under it to check there responses to it,, il know in a few days what reaction it has on mothers,, at first glance it seems like it can be used throughout the plants life veg and flowers,, cuttings and seeds,, im sure a new grower would have fantastic results using this as a stand alone light,, I will be using side lighting to adjust the spectrum throughout the various groth stages,, but I believe a novice should just use this light from start to finish,, ,, I believe this light will be good to use throughout but I will need to add some extra far red and blue, not to mention a purple to get things a lil more dialed in,, obviously this light is perfect for a beginner start to finish and will perform fantastically,, but since this ain't my first dance,,

il be using extra lighting,, this is just to swing the ambiance in a preferred direction,,,, I am a huge fan of hard blue in veg, far red and 10k finishing spectrums,, but for some people this extra mile is just unnecessary,,

I also like to drop temps at the end and bring ec down in the last 3 weeks to induce last min brake outs any extra potential stacking,,

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Il do that with the next set,, I have no idea why ic seems to flip some photos and not others,, im sure they are not being took in funny ways,, il figure it out at some point,,il get round it one way or another

Anyway,,
I got the light up!!! immediately put 4 mothers under it to check there responses to it,, il know in a few days what reaction it has on mothers,, at first glance it seems like it can be used throughout the plants life veg and flowers,, cuttings and seeds,, im sure a new grower would have fantastic results using this as a stand alone light,, I will be using side lighting to adjust the spectrum throughout the various groth stages,, but I believe a novice should just use this light from start to finish,, ,, I believe this light will be good to use throughout but I will need to add some extra far red and blue, not to mention a purple to get things a lil more dialed in,, obviously this light is perfect for a beginner start to finish and will perform fantastically,, but since this ain't my first dance,,

il be using extra lighting,, this is just to swing the ambiance in a preferred direction,,,, I am a huge fan of hard blue in veg, far red and 10k finishing spectrums,, but for some people this extra mile is just unnecessary,,

I also like to drop temps at the end and bring ec down in the last 3 weeks to induce last min brake outs any extra potential stacking,,

Thanks for the share! :huggg:The light is designed for seedling to harvest. The wattage can be adjusted through the dimmer. Cannot wait to see what will happen for the monthers next update.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Things have been moving rather quickly under this mars light ,,, im so impressed I put another pot under it,,

the veg speed is on par with a 600w mh,,this is a big thumbs up from me as I basically wouldn't even bother if it couldn't do the veg speed of a 600mh bulb

for veg I can honestly say this is the best light I have,, and I own a fair few now

2x 300w clf bulbs don't cut it in comparison to the mars for veg speed ,,, a 600w mh bulb would be unusable in this space i have as the restricted hight is 600 killer,,but honestly if I could turn on a 600w mh would I bother? ,, probably not,,

thats a big deal for me,,

all I need now is a lil bit more coverage to fill the tent

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the spectrum is not overly harsh and rather forgiving in comparison to a purple looking led board