What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Burnt my plants up with pesticide, think they will bounce back?

slipdefeu

Hi Blazee

i think i understand ur disapointement...

i got same creatures as u (yé same crazy doped mutants no fkin doubt.)
never seen that bfore, i can say that's resilient pest ^^

i finally got rid of them months ago

i promised to myself never spray chemicals again since that event

i started spraying diluate isopropylic alcohol on fresh clones, i didn't understand at this point that i totally underestimate the problem, as i let'em mix with others for the next grow...

then i used confidor with no result, abamectin, almost no result, some died but others were clearly high & fkin under the shower wtf

a friend sent me a product, which is not suppose to be on the way these days (sorry for my frenchglich....)
> dicofol > i spayed it after a second abamectin treatment fail
>>>>> these aliens didn't die

an other helpfull bro "helped" me with Forbid....
before treat'em with that, i've cut their hairs and washed them head in back, under high pressure shower XD.
Then i use a spray mixture based on boiled onion, garlic, fresh ginger & chili pepper.

the next days i wasn't able to find any bugz, but when i received the forbid, i used it. No way to see them again!!!!

It worked yes, i never seen them again, but
1/4 of my mom's died too with same stygmas as yours , thks to the last evil rain :/

i took snips when it was possible, then i grew them, some kept lil deformations but after taking new clean clones from them, it was no more residual effect ;)

Next time i meet them (hope never....),
i'll try again the hair-cut then shower then vegetables spray,
if it don't works i'll burn the room & restart xD

Good luck man

Best vibes!

PS : a nice friend let me try some of ur granola funk x blue lime pie bx buds, it was true bomb :D

Green81

Veteran
I hear you Blazee, thanks for the link. that leaf twist is odd, what other symtoms do you have with photos? Years ago Herbilizor and I had a load of cuts from the U.S sent to us, plants starting DUDing and weird sysmtoms, no vigour. It wasnt russet but a virus came on the plants we think and had to dump them :(

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I don't mean to preach to you, but its always a good choice to try something new on only one plant first, and see what it does to a test plant first, before you do all the plants. Good lesson for all of us.

eyesdownchronic

Interesting, the symptoms you posted arent exactly what I had, but I know hrm damage can come out a number of ways. For me I had the leaf margin curl up lower leaves dying and finally the apical growth just stunted and terminated. Although I think its better to play on the side of caution as I couldnt positively id one of those fuckers until the problem was already far gone.

Another pretty succesful reccomendation ive heard is treating clones while in dome trays with a bacterial insecticide, because the higher temps/ humidiity significantly increases the efficiency. This should knock off anything that is on your plant material, without being phytotoxic, and then applying bennies after should help keep the hrm from reinnoculating. Cleaning/ sanitizing area also helps.

Scrappy-doo

Micronized Sulfur dips for russet mites is like spinosad for thrips. Using anything else is like swimming up stream. This is well known and proven. You dip them when they're small. It can literally be as easy as one and done.

That being said, those pics look more like ph imbalance to me. You said something that was kind of a red flag for me. You said you had previously scoped them and ID'ed russets. So you're not scoping them currently and daily? If not you should be or else you're fighting blind, and possibly the wrong battle.

Green81

Veteran
ScrappyDoo what ratio of sulphur to water are using for your plants dunks? Thanks man...

Blazeee

Veteran
Right since my last update Ive had 2 plants in veg and have been treating them for the past 5-6 weeks only using the Movento via a root drench. The plants were looking great, however I recently noticed some signs of damage.

I have continued to treat with the movento via root drench and have sprayed my plants down twice now with a sulphur soap mixture as im unable to get micronized sulphur over here. This time I also made sure to wrap the pots in bags to prevent any run off from the spray going in to the soil.

I also scoped the plants again and have found what I think are broadmites. Would anyone be able to confirm this for me or help explain what im looking at. I think the orange specs are the broadmites and the white ones the eggs? I didnt see anything visibly moving whilst scoping them.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Double bump as i thought they just looked like trich heads..!! This is what i am seeing on mine to blazeee looks more or less the same so i will watch with held breath and anticipation on the outcome of this. i am always one for learning more, Glad you put them shots up heres hoping the outcome is better than the begining :good:

Sunshineinabag

I think ive made a school boy error here and managed to fry all of my plants whilst spraying pesticide. I have been trying to defeat broads / russets over the past year with not much luck.

Ive only managed to pull 1 crop off whilst dealing with them, that crop was treated with predator mites from day 1 that the seeds were popped, and were also treated with OG biowar and Spirotetramat (Kontos / Movento). The crop wasnt even half of what it should have been and i ended up spending more on predators than what i got back and the buds came out shit.

Ive tried to start some more seeds and clones from a friend. Started them all with Swirskii mite sachets inside the propagator, hoping that i had defeated them on the last run. Once the plants were big enough I moved them out the propagator, but the broads / russets appear to have resurfaced.

As soon as i noticed the first signs of damage nearly a week ago, I applied a root drench of Spirotetramat (Kontos/Movento), and also sprayed the plants down with Abamectin (Avid / Plant Vitality) on the same day. 2 days later I followed up with a spray of Spiromesifen (Forbid 4F / Oberon), then 2 days later sprayed them again with Abamectin (Avid / Plant Vitality).

Since the last application of Abamectin (Avid / Plant Vitality), all the new growth on my plants appears to be burned up and fried real bad.

I always spray at lights off, and left the lights off for around 8 hours or so before turning them back on. My plants are only under 200w of T5's, so I dont think it was the lights that fried them. Im guessing it could maybe be due to phytotoxicity?

Im just wondering if you guys think they will come back around or not? The damage doesnt appear as bad in the pics, but all of the tops and new growth is burnt up real bad. Obviously i wanted to keep treating them and get rid of these bastard broads / russets, but im abit hesitant to keep treating them as the plants look like a write off.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Cannabis is a bioaccumulator......IMHO no pesticide period if u can swing it next go. If there isn't a viable safe solution...well then what better place then here to come up with a solution:peacock:

Blazeee

Veteran
Alright guys. Ive still been scoping the plants, they are still alive and I have been unable to see any bugs. I last sprayed them around 2.5-3 weeks ago with the sulphur soap. I did have a small issue with the run off in the soil again, burnt all the new growth, but made sure to flush them out pot them up and they have came back around.

Recently I noticed some new deformed growth pop up. Im starting to get the leaf hook / curl, if this isn't being caused by bugs then is there anything else that it could be?

Currently im only noticing it on 1 top f 1 plant, any ideas?

First 3 pics are off the suspect leaf and last 2 are of the plants.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

eyesdownchronic

here are some pics of early russet mite damage.

picture.php

picture.php

I would say that the downward curl can be a symptom of the russets, but it might also just be the uppot. sometimes when the roots are too wet/ dont have access to O2 right before they have grown in, it can look like that.

Blazeee

Veteran
Thanks for your advice mate.

I have previously had damage similar to the pics you posted, however most of my symptoms are the leaf hook, curl twist and clawing. The initial plant i believe brought the bugs in a year ago, the leaves had a glossy appearance, looked like they had bumps / blisters, and the leaves bronzed up before I finally culled her off and realised that I may have brought these bugs in.

These current 2 plants are the healthiest plants looking ones I have been able to get within the past year, but I still keep getting these symptoms pop up.

I will do as you have suggested, probably strip them back and start treating them again. I might also try and take some clones from the healthier looking tops and try treating them with dunks in the sulphur soap while they are in the propagator and see what happens.