What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

God dam it.

Im'One

I had three jars of buds curing, I have been watching and carefully opening jars a little every day, I have brought them from ,80 to ,75% then down to. 71% after weeks of carefully monitoring I opened them last night and went to sleep. I forgot all about them until tonight.
This is the second or third time I have done this, usually after a long day at work and a I smoke doobie and drink a beer.
There has to be a different way to cure?... I despise this mason jar routine.

El Timbo

I wouldn't jar them until they were a bit drier - I use shoe boxes as an intermediate phase between hanging and jarring.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Buy Boveda 62% packs, sold for cigars. Gives perfect moisture content. Might want to spritz with some water if bone dry.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had three jars of buds curing, I have been watching and carefully opening jars a little every day, I have brought them from ,80 to ,75% then down to. 71% after weeks of carefully monitoring I opened them last night and went to sleep. I forgot all about them until tonight.
This is the second or third time I have done this, usually after a long day at work and a I smoke doobie and drink a beer.
There has to be a different way to cure?... I despise this mason jar routine.

80% is way high. Dry them for 5-7 days in 75 degrees with 50-60% rh, seal them in a bag or jar for a day. Burp it for an hour once or twice over a week. Done.

Im'One

I used the bovedas, and I was burping once a week when this happened. And how the hell do I know they are 80% unless I jar them? I cannot maintain ,seventy five degrees in here ! My wife has been in menapause for twenty dam years.!!
Not helpful.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
I recommend this thread- A Perfect Cure Every Time

I used to have a lot of problems with curing. The thing I did to improve my curing was to hang them upside down (without any trimming) for at least a week. It depends on your RH. Let them hand until the stems snap not bend. When you do this, you will likely think the weed is getting too dry, but it isn't!

After the hanging time, trimming will be a lot easier, because all the leaves are dry.
NOW put them in the jars, and you are way ahead of the game. Now the burping process will take a lot less time, like a week.
Doing it this way solved all my curing problems AND made it easier. Let the plant do the work. More hanging time = less jarring/burping time. Hope this helps!

grayeyes

I cut my buds and put them on a cardboard box top with air circulating. After about a week or so, while the stems are bendy but don't snap I then put them in baggies and seal them up. I burp about every other day for about a half hour then reseal.

After a month or so the humidity comes down to the appropriate level.

Oh, never let your product sit in sunlight. Keep it in the dark.

Im'One

That's funny because of a experiment I tried placing a jar of grapefruit weed under the rafters mof my green house and baked it for a month...it was actually quite good.

Im'One

Its so friggin dry here, I usually bag them or box them. If you let them go 8ht hours too long... you're screwed