What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's up with 2019 IC Cup?

mack 10

Veteran
Hey everyone, was just wondering what was going on? Where will it be this year? Barcelona again
Or back to Dam?

Personally I think the Barca edition was perfect set up.

We need to know so we can plan accordingly.
:tiphat:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Is it my ignorance of Barcelona that makes me scream Amsterdam?
I love the Dam. No locals only clubs to join, just open house coffee shops for everybody. The red light district has a warm seedy glow that's always got something on show to grin about. Hotels can be cheap as chips (fries?) and the little streets and canals are so appealing. There are a number of large parks where events can be staged. Good transport links. Food everywhere. The dutch people are great. They have offered a safe haven for years. Can you imagine if we pull out, and the doors on these shops close because they no longer helped the economy. I owe them so much. I want to keep green tourist money flowing in. So they can shout about the figures when the government next reviews the situation.

I can't go to France or Spain anyway. Portugal is looking friendly though.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
IDK the quality of weed in A'dam is just awful now i felt offended when i was there in November for a rave night.. its just a tourist cattle conveyer belt with shitty menus and uppy early cut bland tasting weed.. the coffeeshops need to sort their shit out, dumbasses.. im not in a rush to give A'dam any cash again.. i couldnt find anything to match the lemon haze i took with me :(

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah i think Barcelona worked really well last year, there is no doubt they are way more on top of the weed game then the Dutch today. last year was the first cup where i didnt lose my voice because of all the unflushed and possibly sprayed weed that was around.

vive il cupo icmago Barcelona, hehehe....

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
It's kinda weird how this weed thing went with Amsterdam, for a long time they were the only game in town, so to speak, the main destination for weed tourism.. They woulda made good business even with mediocre product, and it's not like everything was good back in the day there, but you had options and usually was able to score nice stuff. Now ppl have options, lots of legal spots in the US. Europe, too.. You'd think Amsterdam shops would pick up their game, but you'd be wrong. Last time I visited A'dam (2017), shopped around for a while, but didn't find anything awesome enough to feel good about em weed deals. Prices had gone up, too, I think. Still not bad for Europe.

One thing about Amsterdam and Barcelona I don't like, is too many tourists around. And yea I'd be a tourist too, that's why I try to stay away from overcrowded spots like that these days.

Also, if it's 420 again as in 20th of April, can't attend anyways, cause too busy with outdoor prepping and thing for the coming season. Why does it always have to be 420? Damn stoners always with that 420 shit, mang..

Oh well, you guys have fun. I'll just get me coat..

BlondBrightAlpinegoat-size_restricted.gif

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the accommodation and Amsterdams local council has become a bit of a nightmare
When you factor in that and the quality of flowers then you can see why people are reluctant and our little posse of Gratefulhead ,,ojd,,mr Haze and a few more American mates
Were very disappointed with what was on offer in November,,,,,
Coffee shops seem reluctant to stock fire and still want to pay peanuts for cream until this
Changes then things won’t get better,,,
Barcelona is a very beautiful city and big,,,,I love the scale of Amsterdam ,,s2

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I think the coffeeshops are being manipulated by the council to sell low strength weed to keep that tourism trap friendly for lightweights and not a destination for the hardcore stoner. Thats the impression i got anyway.. Or all the growers supplying them arent worth their weight in chemical salts.. Rotterdam is much nicer imvho..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
its a simple problem, Amsterdam has huge police resources dedicated to finding and shutting down grow operations, they still hunt them down nowadays like in the worst of times, they use the electric company, they make landlords take courses to detect and then report growing, even the public is encouraged to report it. this means growers want to get their stiff harvested asap. so fast strains are used and taken early with zero flush. the clones are probably dunked in some systemic pesticide or even sprayed with said shit during the grow. same with fungicides. all of this weed is then sold as quick as possible. so we end up with the coffee shops selling 90% crap and 1 or 2 strains that might be decent genetics, but still taken early. there used to be exceptions, for a while the Voyagers had a decent couple of growers supplying them, but you have to be lucky and arrive when they have that stuff. last time, even they had nothing that i would write home about even with multiple visits on different days.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Ah ive heard that before.. that is so shitty. The dutch used to value their freedom but it feels like our terrorism paranoia has only helped make the west more pointlessly authoritarian, who'd a thunk it.

I think we should community fund raise and each put a k or something down and buy/build an ICmag cup compound in spain or anywhere.. bit crazy i guess lol..

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Ah ive heard that before.. that is so shitty. The dutch used to value their freedom but it feels like our terrorism paranoia has only helped make the west more pointlessly authoritarian, who'd a thunk it.

I think we should community fund raise and each put a k or something down and buy/build an ICmag cup compound in spain or anywhere.. bit crazy i guess lol..

There is becoming a huge dividing line between people interested in great herb and people that have some weed and will sell you it. Im personally want it pointed out everytime anyone sees it. What is good for weed is not always good for profit margin. And why should it matter anyways.

NEED 4 SEED

Also, if it's 420 again as in 20th of April, can't attend anyways, cause too busy with outdoor prepping and thing for the coming season. Why does it always have to be 420? Damn stoners always with that 420 shit, mang..
View Image

Yeah, that's just a silly date! The weather is still cold, the last harvest long ago, the next harvest not in sight...no logic behind....

NEED 4 SEED

What about a quality campaign for the dutch by building an icmag growers coffee shop, lol...

mack 10

Veteran
Like they (the coffeeshops) care.
Gone are the days where they have here proud of their products.

Unless they are making 20-45grand per key
Of so called Cali weed.

You do know how much it costs in Cali ,right?

With our Club connections in BCN
Is the way to go.
I love Amsterdam but it's like they don't want us there , where the Spanish are more than pleased
For our business.

Either way, someone needs to sort something.
It's only just over 3 months..tick tock.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I have even been round the coffee shops failing to find coffee after queens day. Am I missing the idea of a cup though. I thought we would be taking our own?

It's not all bad over there. You shouldn't be looking in the main district, as they can (and do) sell anything. It's further out where locals are likely to score, where better gear can be found. There is a typical tourist attitude of choosing from the menu, which may get you passed any old shit. They really don't want the stag night parties that wreck the town, or the rich American kids in Europe for the summer(this is their words). They want smokers.

Anyone asking for the menu has pretty much failed to score. Finding out what's good, involves a conversation.

It sounds like Spain is going to be the choice.
They want to blockade one of our islands to take it from us. I can't give them money.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I hear ya and possibly this last November the weed in Adam just happened to be crap everywhere i went.. 10 different flowers and 5 hashes and it was mostly a waste of money.. i asked guys as well for their opinion which was all mostly worthless. Few of them were just making crap up. I found karmas strains were consistently better than anything else for sale anywhere. Biker basically was the only thing that got me stoned.

Anyone asking for the menu has pretty much failed to score. Finding out what's good, involves a conversation.

Thats just so unproffessional though isnt it were talking about a physical shop here not a street dealer.. i dont like encouraging cheat industries.. either make it decent or accept its a bag of shit. I hate stagnancy..

Latest posts

Latest posts