What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Med Tree Seeds Continuum

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I wanted in on the CBD craze like everyone and a friend recommended Med Tree.

I selected the Continuum because it was the only strain they offered that was fem'd and I didn't want to mess around with sexing right now.

It is a cross between SuzyQ and something called tocitonic. No doubt a cannatonic related strain.

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Off to kind of a weak start. Had some problems in the room and they got a bad seat away from the light.

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yeah, here we go.

A couple weeks later and a little TLC and they look so much happier.

The larger one is about a week or so older than the other 2.

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
These were veg'd under an 8 bulb T5 as shown in the pic below.

In another week or so I'll clone these 3 mothers and put them in the flower room along with these little Lemon OG.

The Continuum are the 3 on the right.

The flower room is 4x4 with a 1000 watt HPS.

picture.php

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, these mothers are old enough to clone so I'll pull some clones and set these mothers to flowering.

I pulled 30 clones total. 10 from each of the 3 phenos.

Week 1

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Week 4 and the other 2 phenos have flourished but still not enough to catch up to "The Stretchers". LOL

Transplanted from Solo cups to #1 nursery pots. The order has been switched around a little. The stretchers are closer to the camera and you can't really see how tall they are.

Plus. when I transplant, I'll put some plants lower or higher in the pot to try to balance the overall height of the garden.

picture.php

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
OK, let's catch up.

The clones are all ready to put to flower. The tent looks pretty crowded.

Normally, I would trim the bottoms, transplant into #3 pots and set to 12/12. However, my flower room is occupied for a few more weeks so I will have to start flowering these under the T5 and then transplant and move them into the 1000w HPS when I can.

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
OK, here they are after their hair cut. Just like the old days when Mom sent me to the barber college. LOL

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
So, we are all caught up on the clones, let's see how the three Mom's are doing.

Heavy producers, for sure. Big stretchers comparing to the Lemon OG in the same room. These must be Sativa dom. Again, the 3 on the right are the Continuum.

These are a few days away from 7 weeks and the trics are a beautiful silver color. Almost like little glass balls. Never seen such silver heads on a plant.

Are CBD plants trics generally more 'silver'?

[youtubeif]https://youtu.be/elmxB7ogJOs[/youtubeif]

Last edited:

starke

I see what you mean about the stretch in that video. Wow. Plants are looking hap...hap...happy.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Anyone have any ideas on harvest time on this strain?

I am a few days away from 7 weeks and the little silver/glass trics are starting to turn a little gray in places.

Is this akin to a THC plant going amber?

I have heard CBD strains should be harvested early but how would you know early on a no THC strain if there's no amber. LOL

Am I the first one to grow this strain?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I see what you mean about the stretch in that video. Wow. Plants are looking hap...hap...happy.

Thanks. I had some yellowing and necrosis on the Continuum that was not on the other plants so I was a little concerned. But, it seems to be stabilized now.

Thanks again

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Another update. I screwed up on my timing. Must have looked a the calendar wrong but my flower room won't be available for 4 more weeks so I ran out and bought an LED light and a 4x4 tent. :)

I will be harvesting the mothers starting in 2 weeks. Since no one seems to know when the best time to harvest for maximum CBD, I am going to harvest in 3 stages, 8 weeks, 9 weeks and 10 weeks. I will run tests on each harvest and try to determine the best time so I'll know when to harvest the clones. :)

It's hard to get decent pics in LED and flowering T5's but here's a couple just to catch up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Look at that monster. LOL Still no amber trics but the beautiful shiny glass and grey trics are just gorgeous. I need to try to get some pics of those. Not sure if I can get my camera lens into my 60x scope. I'll try.

Meanwhile here's a recent shot. She will be 8 weeks old this Friday so I am going to take my first harvest and put it in the drying tent. The next week, if there's still no amber, I'll take another small harvest. Amber or not, in 10 weeks, she comes down. I need the space. LOL

Again, the Continuum are only the 3plants on the right. The rest of the room is Lemon OG.

Thanks

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, I took those 3 mothers today. All 3 were at different stages of maturity so I hope to have a range of results.

That one pheno yielded an awesome bud.

I am going to press some fresh rosin tonight and have a preview taste. :)

8 weeks and 1 day in flower.

Attachments

• medtreeharvestmoms-1.jpg
    medtreeharvestmoms-1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 19
  • medtreeharvestmoms-2.jpg
    medtreeharvestmoms-2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Latest posts