What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best glass jars

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been using Ball jars both quart and pint size and I get some smell of the cannabis coming out of them, at the seal I suppose.

The worst thing is after 2 years in the jar the buds are really dry. I think if they get too dry they start losing potency and flavor. I rehydrate them by putting a bottle cap with wet paper towel in the sealed jar, but want to avoid doing that even.

Is there a better jar that seals even better? I saw some with clamp locks on the lid and they look like they might be better.

I got these jars new and even the jars that are filled to the brim would dry out the herb after a year or two. I store at room temp or refrigerator and both dry out.

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea, you gotta smoke that shit up why keep it for two years thats 18 months too long...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you tried vacuum sealing them? I use the Kerr jars, just because that is what I seem to find the most often, and a vacuum sealer with an adapter for the lid. I use hygrometers to make sure that everything is at 62% (check out Simon's thread on curing if you haven't seen it yet), and then vacuum pack it. I've got some stuff that is 4 years old and it hasn't changed much.

Wide mouth jar vacuum adapter - http://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-T03...r=8-1&keywords=vacuum+adapter+for+canning+jar

ipumpon

^ what rives said. i vac seal all mine with the jar lid attachment, have regular and widemouth for various sizes. that should take care of any odor issues.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Yea, as mentioned smoke it sooner or try the vacuum lid method. Or this may suit your method of super long curing/storage with these:
maxresdefault.jpg