What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Meds215 2014 Outdoor Mountain Grow 18 150 gallon pots

Meds215

So finally I get to go outside this year, this inside stuff is fun but i really like the sun.

I am taking a big chance with a few strains I have never grown,and or known anyone who has grown these strains outdoors. So i guess i'm going to be the test dummy, Oh well i have high hopes.

My Growing area is roughly 55 x 20 Ft The deer fence is 6 ft T post in 5 gallon buckets with 80lb fence post concrete and 6 foot horse fence. It seems easier to take down later after all i am renting here don't want to jack hammer up the backyard, the carport was added for provided privacy from the road, seemed like the best plan for a 12 foot fence.

5 Candyland (Bay Area Platinum Cookies x Grand Daddy Purple)

5 Key Lime Pie (Cherry Kush x Fire OG x Durban Poison)

4 Regulator Kush (Reversed Bubba x AJ's Sour D) x SFV OG

and

4 UK Cheese which i know if this is a good cut these should yield decent

In 150 Gallon Smart Pots on Pallets in a medium
that consist of

Coco Fiber, Perlite,
6 QUALITY FINISHED Composts
DIESTLE TURKEY COMPOST, NEW ERA COMPOST,
DAKOTA PEAT COMPOST, ALASKAN HUMUS,
SUSTANE CONCENTRATED COMPOST & MALIBU COMPOST

Worm Castings, Redwood Peat, Fir Bark,
Lava Pumice and Rice Hulls

Bat Guano, Sustane Organic Fertilizers, Fish Bone Meal,
Humic Acids, Azomite, Cascade Minerals(Rock Dust),
Glacial Rock Dust, Oyster Shell Lime, Gypsum, Crab Meal,
Sea Kelp, Mychorrizea and an Organic wetting agent

Water and nutrient top dressing schedule 3 waterings a week in this order
Veg
1. Water
2. MR B's Grow
3. Tea

and

Bloom
1.Water
2. Mr B's Bloom
3. Tea

I might throw some General Oranganics into the line up in bloom every other week with Mr b's but i am still undecided the budget is running out fast.
I am really stoked about Mr B's Product and can't wait to try it out, a full Nute top dressing in 2 bottles I Love it, and managing 3 plots this year i wont have time to mess around too much with mixing 275 gallon tanks with 6 different bottles.

Everything is Vegging Beautifully in the Greenhouse

Goal is to hit 2 elbows per pot, doesn't seem like it should be out of reach. Anyway thanks for checking in ill update as we go.

20140418_184930_Richtone_HDR_1.jpg

Last edited:

Meds215

Got the deer fence up today, still going to attach reed privacy screen for the neighbors behind me and also 98% fabric block for the road but its all coming together

20140420_173701.jpg

soil margin

Veteran
Yeah that Bu's Blend is good stuff, would use it more often if it wasn't so dang expensive for manure. Def think it's worth it when growing elite cuts though, don't skimp on the soil then.

Meds215

Yea I didn't mix the medium myself I bought it off a soil company $101 a yard we got 40 yards delivered for 3 dif properties

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
looking good bro! this will be fun.

those strains should do well, i'm guessing you will get at least a couple lbs per plant. What part of Cali are you in, and where did you get your dirt? i'm looking for soil for a few gardens around CA and sounds like you found a good deal

Meds215

@shcrews I'm at 38.50 n 120w bought the soil from rare earth out of grass valley it's there wacky alaskan blend no green waste. They usually don't come this far south but I paid the 105 an hour delivery cost and they brought it.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
@shcrews I'm at 38.50 n 120w bought the soil from rare earth out of grass valley it's there wacky alaskan blend no green waste. They usually don't come this far south but I paid the 105 an hour delivery cost and they brought it.

thanks so much! yah we are at 3000ft a bit south of you, the sun gets intense. already sunburned lol

Meds215

The sun is so intense now I see why the outdoor from the foothills is so good. Climate seems perfect, and it won't get as hot as the valley so less stopping of photosynthesis.

I'm a long time indoor grower and I'm doing a outdoor for the first time and in the same boat. I'm running my indoor strains which nobody in my area have ran outside. Fuck it's still a plant so I'm sure it will be fine. Best of luck bro!!!

Meds215

So i decided to build a 10x30 hoop house to veg in at another property and also acclimate the plants to the sun, plus i was running out of room and electricity isnt cheap considering im paying almost 36 Cents a kwh. Currently the Plants are at 17 1/2 hours of light and i will be dropping them down to 17 here pretty soon and By the end Of May i hope to be at 16 hours of light.
I hung a cheap t8 4 bulb fixture in the hoop house to keep the plants from flowering. anyway heres where i am at. Its raining here and snowing at 4000 ft today so i will wait until monday to put the plants in the hoop house. looks like 80's next week
the pics of the clones were about 3 or 4 days ago also i have alot of other plants in the picture for dif properties

20140421_035613_Richtone_HDR.jpg

20140424_175610.jpg

20140424_175548.jpg

1511483_771002802944317_5015566952620962519_o.jpg

Endur

Veteran
What's Good, Meds215?

Looking like your are getting off to a great start.
You did a great job on the hoop house.

I think we might be in the same county.

I'll be taking a seat, and watching your garden flourish.

Peace
Endur

Meds215

Ty man wasn't too hard to build it. About $270 and 3 hours of work super simple. I don't use a level so a carpentar would pick it apart but we're not building houses here so idgaf

Latest posts

Latest posts