What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brown pistils 2 weeks in flowering

Mr.Gabz

Hello,

Problems :
-1 of my 5 northern lights has a few brown flowers (4-5)
The rest is okay.
-Nitrogen toxicity.

Specs :

400 watts in a 4x8 tent a bit strong intake compared to outtake with a fan blowing hard on them (a bit too hard I just noticed today while looking for answers on the internet I'll fix that when lights turn on)
humidity around 50-60% and temp around 27 on (80F) and 24 off (75F)

Soil (Pro-Mix)
Nutrients are : General Organics BioThrive plant food 4-3-3 for veg with SuperMaxB1 for seedlings and early veg then BioThrive Bloom 2-4-4 for flowering
I water till i see a bit of water coming from the drain holes and out of a 10 seed bag i got 5 females.

I don't check PH, I know I should, I had a PH fluctuation problem once on one plant when I flushed after a nitrogen toxicity, probably because of the SuperMaxB1 that I stopped in middle of veg.

I still have signs of nitrogen toxicity, very pale leaves almost yellow on some high leaves and off course some below but overall they look good, they are tall as hell though which should be due to nitrogen overdosage.

Should I flush and risk overwatering and PH Fluctuation?
Is the brown pistils something to worry about? (I don't see hermies)

Mr.Gabz

Here are 2 pictures I just took 1 minute after my timer turned the light off for the next 12 hours.
I have a dehumidifier keeping it at 45-50% so don't worry about mold for now, but like I said, i bought it yesterday (1st december 2013) and it used to go to as far as 70%, I think I have a good ventilation though.
Is it because of nutrient burn?

Here's one of the 5 brown flowers.

Here is how they should look like :

al70

Veteran
the same thing happened me with a critical mass, I posted in the infirmary and I was assured that this happens sometimes, no problem, goodluck.

cannaera

your pistils will also die if you have light leaks and you get a herm to polinate your pistils. feeding too high can burn them out, or if you sprayed anything on the plant, such as a preventative or bug spray, fert, ect, that all can kill pistils. don't worry too much about it, your plant will continue doing good if you treat it right, I have witnessed new white pistils continue shooting out even in mid-later weeks of flowering. I have had pistils on plants over 50/50 red and white and then all a sudden see a mass amount of fresh white pistils grow out of the bud calyx.

al70

Veteran
Hello,

Problems :
-1 of my 5 northern lights has a few brown flowers (4-5)
The rest is okay.
-Nitrogen toxicity.

Specs :

400 watts in a 4x8 tent a bit strong intake compared to outtake with a fan blowing hard on them (a bit too hard I just noticed today while looking for answers on the internet I'll fix that when lights turn on)
humidity around 50-60% and temp around 27 on (80F) and 24 off (75F)

Soil (Pro-Mix)
Nutrients are : General Organics BioThrive plant food 4-3-3 for veg with SuperMaxB1 for seedlings and early veg then BioThrive Bloom 2-4-4 for flowering
I water till i see a bit of water coming from the drain holes and out of a 10 seed bag i got 5 females.

I don't check PH, I know I should, I had a PH fluctuation problem once on one plant when I flushed after a nitrogen toxicity, probably because of the SuperMaxB1 that I stopped in middle of veg.

I still have signs of nitrogen toxicity, very pale leaves almost yellow on some high leaves and off course some below but overall they look good, they are tall as hell though which should be due to nitrogen overdosage.

Should I flush and risk overwatering and PH Fluctuation?
Is the brown pistils something to worry about? (I don't see hermies)
nitrogen toxicity will turn the leaves dark green

eric2028

Veteran
the dreaded broad mite also shows those pistils. be sure u don't have them. check out the sticky thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts