What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the story behind the strain Pollyanna???

Breadwizard

As it is supposed to be all sativa, it could be the Mexican component of early girl? It is listed as the Mexican used in early east coast hybrids. Rumor I've been hearing around is it could be Acapulco gold.

Breadwizard

More interesting rumor that o deli's First Lady is Pollyanna, in another thread it was said that it is believed to be the same Mexican that was used in both Early Pearl (crossed to Early Girl) and Sensi's Mexican Sativa (crossed with Durban and an Afghani, in some order). Not sure how true, but looking at this thread again, the photos do look pretty similar between the lines. I haven't seen many pics of the Mexican Sativa, perhaps that'd be good to compare.

or also Haley comet from tfd(or its simply early skunk with another name?)
I grew Haley's Comet outdoor in 2003... dry and VERY hot summer!
So the plants harvested at 1,20m from seeds... but overall a good harvest in quality start october, no molds.
Was pretty potent, laughing high similar to what i remember from my firsts skunks... must have been one of my favorites BUT too tiring end effect...

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
More interesting rumor that o deli's First Lady is Pollyanna, in another thread it was said that it is believed to be the same Mexican that was used in both Early Pearl (crossed to Early Girl) and Sensi's Mexican Sativa (crossed with Durban and an Afghani, in some order). Not sure how true, but looking at this thread again, the photos do look pretty similar between the lines. I haven't seen many pics of the Mexican Sativa, perhaps that'd be good to compare.

Mexican Sativa I grew years ago.They used btw a Pakistan variety instead of Afghan.In the early 90s it was still pure Mexican and early, not late like the one on the pic below.

Attachments

• 2020-12-05_08-11-39.jpg
    2020-12-05_08-11-39.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 35

Breadwizard

I don't know how indicative, but I think that one has similar pistils as the first lady, they were very thin and small, much more so than other lines I've run, not sure if that is passed on in crosses yet. Nice looking plant!

Mexican Sativa I grew years ago.They used btw a Pakistan variety instead of Afghan.In the early 90s it was still pure Mexican and early, not late like the one on the pic below.