What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The same way it has happened to society since your species stood upright.

You got fat drunk and lazy. Things were so wonderful that all you had to do was go to the vomitorium and drink and throw up and fuck and drink and throw up.

Invention is what makes man progress.

Necessity is the Mother of invention.

When everything is provided and nothing is necessary, the mother dies.

Same as the Greeks, the Romans, the British and now the Americans.

No big deal. It's someone else's turn, now.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Every empire eventually goes into decay, when it gets to the tipping point those within the empire who are disgruntled will help accelerate its down-fall, while not really having a plan what to replace it with,... like a slightly damaged umbrella gets ripped apart in anger while it still could be useful in the rain...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
An entire generation devoted to industry, conveinience, credit and artificial anything they can consume. Not to mention lack of respect for the enviroment and the rest of its inhabitants. Or by moving lawyers, crooks and entertainers to the top of the food chain while pushing the farmers actually feeding people to the bottom of the food chain.

Big business, big agriculture, big pharm and crooked government going out of their way to keep the people blind while they rob our children of free thought in exchange for an opportunity to work full time paying off ton of debt in the land of the free instead of teaching them to grow food for their neighbors and healing the planet.

Just my opinion. But one I feel is based on a strong understanding of reality.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Wow, 3 posts in a row where the people all agree. Don't believe I have ever seen that here. LOL

Where is the moron who will shout out that it's all Trump's fault? LOL I remember the day when everything was Bush's fault.

Americans have learned to hate their President.

Americans have learned to hate their bosses.

Americans love the TV news.

All we need is a vomitorium on every corner (instead of a drug store).

Empires rise and fall.

I often wonder what it would be like today in America if we had lost the WWars instead of winning them.

If we had lost to Japan, right now we would have the largest and most efficient manufacturing operations in the world.

If we had lost to Germany, we would have the strongest currency on the planet.

We WON both world wars and now we are perishing.

Gotta wonder what happened. LMAO

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... when it gets to the tipping point those within the empire who are disgruntled will help accelerate its down-fall, while not really having a plan what to replace it with,...

It's not like the disgruntled don't have a beef, they do, but they're also unrealistic.

Historically, their ancestors arrived wherever because they were also disgruntled but had the gumption or where-withall to relocate to a better place where there were jobs.

...... but the jobs dried up, as jobs are want to do, and their lazier, more spoiled kids don't want to have to move, they want a Big Daddy to bring the jobs to them!:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Problem is CG the world is getting more populous by the second and there isn't a whole unexplored continent for folks to go and conquer and settle in these days unless you are looking at stepping up from the 3rd world into the 1st world, and doing some of your own conquering by trying to climb the socio-economic step-ladder thru relocation.....to a safe space where you will be looked after and maybe even get a job, that's if its all not gone mechanized by then.

It's not like the disgruntled don't have a beef, they do, but they're also unrealistic.

Historically, their ancestors arrived wherever because they were also disgruntled but had the gumption or where-withall to relocate to a better place where there were jobs.

...... but the jobs dried up, as jobs are want to do, and their lazier, more spoiled kids don't want to have to move, they want a Big Daddy to bring the jobs to them!:tiphat:

justanotherbozo

Veteran
picture.php

Brother Nature

I believe it's due to the cyclical nature of the universe. In order to build, or in this case to rebuild, you first have to tear down. Much like the old alchemist concept of Ouroboros. I think it's a transitional period and I believe it'll lead to something positive eventually.

Serpiente_alquimica.jpg

Ouroboros​: The Ouroboros or Uroborus is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail. The Ouroboros often represents self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end. It can also represent the idea of primordial unity related to something existing in or persisting from the beginning with such force or qualities it cannot be extinguished.

T

Teddybrae

well, I THINK that our viewpoint re this is straight-jacket'ed by normative thinking. Who says Humanity is living a linear construct? As if there was

a beginning and eventually there will be one sort of end or another, albeit fearful or heavenly.

has anyone questioned that maybe this is a mass hallucination that we imprison ourselves with?

Bah Humbug!

Reactions: Gry
N

naturalbornkilr

The same way it has happened to society since your species stood upright.

"Your species"? Are you not a human being? Come down off the high horse there bub...

If the original poster is referring to the USA, Id have to beg to differ on the third world status. We still have it better than anyone in my opinion. Do we have problems, yes, who doesn't? But to refer to us as third world is being overly dramatic to say the very least. Stop bitching and start being part of the solution.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
In 1820, 94% of the world's population lived in extreme poverty. In 1990, 34.8%, and in 2015, just 9.6%. The world's poorest people are getting richer faster...

rising above the poverty level hardly constitutes "getting richer".
the rich are getting even richer, MUCH faster, at everyone elses expense. it takes money to make money, a rich person once remarked. well, who has most of the damn money? and no, i'm NOT advocating taking it away from them. but do millionaires & billionaires REALLY need tax breaks? :laughing: as Leona Helmsley once said "taxes are for the little people..." just before her rich ass went to prison. :woohoo: a few more of those tax-fattened hyenas need to serve time as well. they wouldn't cry about their damn tax bracket then...:tiphat:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Worldwide:

Approximately 2.6 billion people around the world lack any sanitation whatsoever.

2.1 billion people lack safe drinking water at home.

1.2 billion people lack electricity.

3.5 billion people go without basic, essential health services.

793 million are starving, one million children under the age of five die from malnourishment each year.

America used to be the leader in helping these conditions improve,
as a healthy world population is a happy one.

Perhaps there is more profit in misery than prosperity.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
"Your species"? Are you not a human being? Come down off the high horse there bub...

If the original poster is referring to the USA, Id have to beg to differ on the third world status. We still have it better than anyone in my opinion. Do we have problems, yes, who doesn't? But to refer to us as third world is being overly dramatic to say the very least. Stop bitching and start being part of the solution.

I believe he was using simple observation to see our current direction and where it leads. Unless the upcoming generation realizes most the current system needs put to rest, for good.

vta

Veteran
Boys !!!! Don't cha know...we all suck.

Some want to climb the ladder of wealth...others want to do little work...'just exist' and expect the 'Gov' to help with FREE health care, welfare, food stamps etc...

But who are we to judge ???

lol

Carry on....

[YOUTUBEIF]2X_2IdybTV0[/YOUTUBEIF]

vta

Veteran
rising above the poverty level hardly constitutes "getting richer".
the rich are getting even richer, MUCH faster, at everyone elses expense. it takes money to make money, a rich person once remarked. well, who has most of the damn money? and no, i'm NOT advocating taking it away from them. but do millionaires & billionaires REALLY need tax breaks? :laughing: as Leona Helmsley once said "taxes are for the little people..." just before her rich ass went to prison. :woohoo: a few more of those tax-fattened hyenas need to serve time as well. they wouldn't cry about their damn tax bracket then...:tiphat:

Sorry Man...not buying it. You are what you make yourself to be. No excuses.

Bad luck ?...doesn't mean I have to pick up the tab.

No other country in the world has as many millionaires.

Not making it ? Take a class or two...

vta

Veteran
top of the heap to third world status in one generation
Insight or thoughts as to how it happened.

I have a few thoughts....but let's start with is.

picture.php

Now I get what all the kneeling is all about...lol i kid, i kid