What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suspicious projects

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Ordered NEWtrients! :jump:
BIOBIZZ TOPMAX 1 LITER
SUPERTHRIVE 120ml / 4 FL. OZ
BIOBIZZ BIO-GROW 1 LITER
BIOBIZZ BIO-BLOOM 1 LITER
BIOBIZZ ALG-A-MIC 1 LITER
BIOBIZZ FISH-MIX 500ML
BIOBIZZ BIOHEAVEN 500ML

So I guess I'll try to use these nutes in Hempy buckets, AFAIK the nutes cannot be stored for long times when made ready for plants. So gotta mix small amounts and use it right away. :)
That's a LOT of nutes.... personally I'd rather spend my money on equipment to make the environment better for the girls.
:thinking:
I take it you haven't read through the K.I.S.S. thread? Did you look up Lucas and Maxibloom?

$15 for 2.2lbs and 99% less headaches on mixing nutes.... 100% certainty at well fed, awesome looking plants.

Fwiw, You can also mix it up and let it sit for weeks.

Just letting you know that your plants will look just as good without all the extra bottles you bought.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

AlexTrebek

picture.php

Enjoy photos anyway! :)

That's an awesome pic, best budshot of the day!
Nice looking Jack despite your small issues.
I hope your next batch of clones acclimates better.
Go hard! (except with nutes :x)
Grow on!
:tiphat:

Suspect

Veteran
I bought alot of bottles yes, switching from chemical nutes to organic ofr the first time. I used lucas before. ;)

Suspect

Veteran
Update

Update

Hi,
So I ran into some camera problems..But here's some pictures I took today.

First we have the clones that are going to start the synchronization of Suspect's tent activity. There are more clones in the background.
picture.php

Slowly getting to know the big hempy. One is getting cozy already.
picture.php

I'm pretty excited to get 6 Hempys in for the next flowering round. The two earlier clones are now getting organics only except for some superthrive :D They seem to like the nutes, and have a rapid flowering starting.
picture.php

picture.php

I tried getting a nice budshot of the first lady that's lived long enough to start flushing soon.. :dance013:
It had some N deficiencies in early flowering and to this day.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:monkeyeat

Suspect

Veteran
Harvest day photos

Harvest day photos

Harvested the first female Jack yesterday and it's clearly the biggest single plant I have grown this far. :dance013:

picture.php

Sliced for drying, some trimmed some not

picture.php

And some closeups

picture.php

picture.php

I've got a total of 6 vegging clones from this mother for the next round, four are bigger and 2 smaller lagging behind..

Two plants are in mid-flowering at the moment.

:cathug:

Suspect

Veteran
The testruns are now over and finally the tent is imo maximized with buckets. At the moment there's 8 buckets, the two midflowerers and six new Jack Herer clones in 10 liter buckets each.

All plants are on the Biobizz program :

Bio-grow
Bio-bloom
Alg-a-mic
Top Max
Fish mix (not anymore)
Bioheaven

+

occasionally Superthrive
Almost organic, not quite. :D

Fixed some annoyances with the tent also, got the ballast moved outside with some Jack herer induced creativity.

picture.php

picture.php

DAY 1 12/12 HERE WE GO!! :chin:

Suspect

Veteran
~30 days since 12/12 switch

picture.php

picture.php

It's getting a bit crowded in there, I've tried to prevent the longest of stems to grow too tall from the rest of the branches by tying them down with some cable ties.
Topping them would probably have made them all too bushy for this space.
It seems there are some deficiencies again and I'm gonna add a little more of the macronutrients next time.

Other than that they smell great, a little fruity with a hint of something similar to washing powder for clothes. :D
I think this phenotype is leaning towards the sativa spectrum just based on the structure of the plants and buds and also the high.

Peace until next time! :tiphat:

Suspect

Veteran
Felt like adding some variance to this project by soaking two Colombian haze seeds.
That plant deserves another round(s) as it yielded pretty well, despite the deficiencies it had, and also the High was liked alot among friends.
I'm going begin my search for 4-6 ultimate strains to run in an ongoing cycle, two have been found and will stay around.

Suspect

Veteran
Week 4-5 of 12/12 now.

Regarding the biobizz nutrients..
I have been following the official Biobizz feeding schedule using the "light mix" formula, although I know it's for a lightly fed soilmix and I'm using it with the vermiculite/perlite medium.
This causes some problems apparently, rusty spotted and yellow leaves start falling off from the low branches. Overfeeding?
4ml/l of Bloom,Alg,Topmax,Grow and BioHeaven. Is that way too much or what?
I was thinking about dropping the Grow completely or give half of recommendendations.

I'd gladly take any advice regarding feeding with Biobizz in Hempy Buckets.

Suspect

Veteran
I have identified the deficiency as Potassium or zinc or both with brown rusty spots on the tips of the leaves. So I wonder if that's the case really, anyway I have decided to feed stronger solutions than is recommended on the bottle label mainly because it is meant for a soilmix, and my medium is almost neutral of nutrients aside from the cal-mag powder.

Two plants coming down any day now, calyxes are way more swollen than they were on the first round with chemical nutes. Has a more Herery look to it this time too.

Seedlin

I'm following this one dude. I'm starting my first Hempy, 9 in perlite/vermilite and 9 with coco and perlite in the bottom. Just using bag seed for my first run and learning from there. Growing under a 1000 watt in a 4'x8'x7' grow tent....My first 9 seedling are 3" and on their 3rd or 4th set of leaves. Gunna let them get 5 sets before I transplant to the perlite buckets and top. The coco buckets will get the next 9 I cracked and put in little coco hempies... I wanna try both before I invest in good seed. I'm gunna feed Maxigrow and Maxibloom Lucas style. I've grown outdoors on and off for years and am at a point in my life I only want quality. Now is the time for me to do this.:smokey:

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
always a pleasure to see your show...
those last girls were off the hook
looking forward to what's new on the menu...

Suspect

Veteran
Last three seeds of Zenseeds Litzi Skunk soaking for the next round.
Took down tw ofo the Jack's, they flowered longer than needed and I will be looking forward to how she smokes compared to the earlier one.

PhotoUpdate soon.

Suspect

Veteran
Photo Update

Photo Update

Buds

picture.php

2 Walls

picture.php

Bird's Eye view

I have an automated defoliating going here, more light for the buds! I just give them the wrong amounts of nutes! :moon:
So next round I am going to go back to chemical nutrients probably..Or I solve this problem, but at the moment it's leaning towards them chemicals. :comfort:
picture.php