What's new

PURPLE STRAINS

budsofplenty

Hello all I'm looking to grow a strain with the ultimate bag appeal...purple buds. The more purple the better. Anyways, what can you guys suggest for this, quality is of course an important factor and so is the ease of growth as I am just a novice. I will be growing under 400w hps in soil... let the suggesstions roll!

G

People who know what a good bag of pot looks like defiatley won't be looking for purple buds... at least I wouldn't. Most purple strains are weak.

But in any case you'll probably want something with potency as well as the color.... since poeple may like the bag appeal but no one is going to smoke it if it just plain sucks.

I would suggest getting some blueberry, preferably DJ shorts.

Last edited:

Budless

I don't know if AK-48 is considered purple, but to my suprise the underside of the leaves of mine are puprple.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Just grew out Ice from Nirvana. One of the 2 pheno's was nice and purple halfway through flower. Its got a lot of resin and does have some decent bag appeal. Good luck

-Funk

id love to try grape ape. i know some one had some in around here once from cali. it's pretty hard to find in the whole south east region though, from what I understand.

vavwl

I've seen quite a few strains turn purple if the temperature is low enough. I saw a product which claims to turn your buds purple, i can't say if it works though since i've never tried it.

if your temperature isn't low enough you'll have a hard time getting most purple strains to actually go purple. I tried purple star one grow and it was the most green plant I had, I assumed it was because the temperature was to high.

Last edited:
M

Mr. Nevermind

Most strains will go purple on you if you drop night time temps below 65. So just find and herb you like and drop the night time temp on it and it turns purple. Some people ( kids mostly) think purple weed is cool and will buy it up. But most times a purple bud in no better than a green bud and in alot of cases not that good. People loked the blackberry that was given as freebies last year cuz it was all purple but the herb wasnt strong at all. So while it looked cool in the bag it wasnt as good as most herb out there.

Brown , green, prurple It dont matter. if its good the poepel will want it. If it sucks no matter how cool it looks, people wont want it. YOu guys are too nice to your consumers,lol. Bag appeal to me is showing that the oz weighs 28 grams. You got more questions than that to bad. I'll take it away. you either want it or you dont , its quite simple. And if you bitch at the price, then the price goes up.

Nevermind

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blue mystic...she has a nice dark purple pheno....but potency is't that what it should be..imho
verry easy plant :joint:

kush07

For a good purple strain look no further than Double Purple Doja. Extremely potent and a stong purple coloring, made by TGA seeds and can be found at cannasuer.com. I believe Jaws has a cross of DPD x Black Russian (which I believe is essentially a backcross to get more BR traits). I would try that if you can get some.

Happy Toking :rasta:

cain23456

There are a few good puprle ones out there but on avg. they suck. I know alot of people that want purple instead of asking for the best shit out. It can be hot pink for all i care, if it the best thing growing then i want it. Potency taste then yield. I've only grown out blueberry so i can't tell you a good purple strain. I guess purple kush if you can find it. You can made a plant purple but you can't make it potent

clowntown

Veteran
cain23456 said:
There are a few good puprle ones out there but on avg. they suck. I know alot of people that want purple instead of asking for the best shit out. It can be hot pink for all i care, if it the best thing growing then i want it. Potency taste then yield. I've only grown out blueberry so i can't tell you a good purple strain. I guess purple kush if you can find it. You can made a plant purple but you can't make it potent
That's been my experience as well. I don't think I've ever smoked a "real" Blueberry (as in, DJ's) so I can't really comment on that. I did enjoy [smoking] the Purple Kush, but the growers here have reported it to be a painfully slow vegger and only an "average" yielder. So I'm not too interested in growing it, even though cuts are easily available around the medical clubs in my neck of the woods (NorCal), from $8 - $12 per rooted clone (or free, if you know someone).

I'll take the killer green any day of the week.

But I know what you mean, so many people seem to be sold on the purple hype, probably influenced by the rap/hip-hop community. A lot of people think that "purple" is a specific strain...

richyrich said:
Purple KOK
LOL, what about Blue Balls? :biglaugh:

Last edited:
D

dankbudz

the only purples ive smoked that have actually stood out were purple kush and blueberry. everything else was mediocre.

Latest posts

Latest posts