What's new

Going to eat Fondue tonight!!

M

Mr. Nevermind

My girl and i are going to a place called "the melting pot" ( they are in almost every state) that a fondue resturant. I have been there before but she hasnt so it shoudl be a good time. Its a true stoner dinner. Cheese fondue with veggies and breads for diping, a ton of meats that we get to cook in a broth type fondue and the best part , the desert. chocolate fondue with brownies, cheescake, and fruits to dip in it. Anyone else been there or likes to fondue? I am old stoner , i have my own fondue set!!

Nevermind

Laxpunker

Just remember, don't stick your fingers into the boiling oil.

But seriously, Fondue kicks ass...wish I had grown up when it was actually popular.

M

Mr. Nevermind

No worries, i will keep my fingers out of boiling liquid.

Yes POMH , the desert is the best part. Its amazing actually

Nevermind

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
i'm a young man with a fondue set already!

my mom loved it and she loves to clean out and pass down her old stuff..

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Oh I love fondue!!!! :yummy: Haven't been to the Melting Pot, but sure sounds delicious! If you are ever in Lucerne, Switzerland, can recommend the best swiss cheese fondue there at a restaurant called Stadtkeller, complete with Swiss folklore show, they blow on these realllllllly long horns :biglaugh: and sing/yodel...is a hilarious time, especially if really stoned!

Enjoy your night out fondue'ing :yummy:

M

Mr. Nevermind

Dutchgrown said:
Oh I love fondue!!!! :yummy: Haven't been to the Melting Pot, but sure sounds delicious! If you are ever in Lucerne, Switzerland, can recommend the best swiss cheese fondue there at a restaurant called Stadtkeller, complete with Swiss folklore show, they blow on these realllllllly long horns :biglaugh: and sing/yodel...is a hilarious time, especially if really stoned!

Enjoy your night out fondue'ing :yummy:

Thank you for stopping by DG, always a pleasure. Though you made me jealous. I am sure the swiss know there cheese. I would love to come to that side of the pond just for food!!

Yes i plan on getting extra stoned for this one! Aldready got many j's rolled and ready to go. I think its a requirement to be high when eating fondue, or at least it should be.

I will enjoy and thnak you very much. tell that man of your nevermind said hello

nevermind

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Knowing how much they charge for a dinner there, there's no way in hell I'm paying that much for melted cheese and chocolate.

Sorry, some do-it-yourself ideas like this are way over-blown. Very easy to do at home with the proper equiptment, and a hell of a lot cheaper. Good eating, very good stuff, but a major rip-off in the restaurants, though.

M

Mr. Nevermind

Nikijad4210 said:
Knowing how much they charge for a dinner there, there's no way in hell I'm paying that much for melted cheese and chocolate.

Sorry, some do-it-yourself ideas like this are way over-blown. Very easy to do at home with the proper equiptment, and a hell of a lot cheaper. Good eating, very good stuff, but a major rip-off in the restaurants, though.

Being a guy i agree that it is cheaper and easier to do at home. But at the same time women do like to go out. I can cook almost anything and make it here, but women dont want ot be cooked up in a house on a friday night. So we are going out. Its not that expensive. like $90 for two people and you get 4 courses.

Nevermind

M

Mr. Nevermind

Nikijad4210 said:
A $90 cheese dinner isn't cheap!

lmfao

No, cheese is only the first course. also there is a salad. But you also get Lobster tails, terayaki Sirlion, Black tiger shrimp, Citrus marinated pork tenderloin, chicken breeast and vegatble ravioli as well as a desert fondue. If it was $90 for cheese i wouldnt do it and i doubt anyone in their right mind would

Nevermind

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
hmm, yes fondue is very yummy, definitely. Long time I had any !

Anyone knows about "raclette". That's a nice cheese specialty.

You get slices of raclette cheese molten then pour it on boiled potatoes and assorted delicatessen. bwai ! mind blowing !

Bon Appétit Mr Nevermind !

Irie !

Last edited:

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Yes, you do get high-end meats, however, not much of them. My hubby and I priced our Melting Pot dinner out of the grocery store and gourmet shops.

Costs 3 times less to eat in for the same meal than it does to go there.

And just a suggestion for dinners, not the restaurant kind, though.
When my hubby and I tire of eating at home, we pack up the meal and head out to a park, or to the beach (not assuming you're near a beach, though)

And when we do go out, one of our favorite places in the area is O'Leary's in Sarasota, on the bay. They've got an awesome blackened cajun grouper sandwich there.
Outdoor dinner in the cool dusk breeze, acoustic guitarist (a couple, actually, and they're pretty damn good) If it's too crowded, which it sometimes is, we just walk over to the waterfront park, park it, and watch the boats come in for the night. Hell of a lot better than being stuck indoors....

We used to eat outside on my porch all the time before we moved to this place (no porches) We'd just grab our stuff, go outside, kick back in the chairs (used to have nice, PLUSH patio chairs) and turn the radio on.....That and it was insanely private, part of someone's property, I had the upstairs studio and a 30x50 foot private porch. I even cultivated a lush jungle-ish garden up there....Dammit, I miss my old porch......

Don't you and your girl do the "picnic" thing? Doesn't anyone do that anymore?

Fat Albert

Fondue (n.) faahn-dew: a surefire method to make anything tasty even tastier.

Here is your bucket of cheese. Dip your food into it. Eat. Repeat. Enjoy!

Honestly, dipping everything in cheese sounds so, um, I don't know.....rich (calorie-and-fatwise). But goddamn, it's just so delicious that I simply can't help myself. If I'm not double-fisting with the skewers, one of my hands must be broken (and get your minds out of the gutter everybody :pointlaug ).

Smacznego!

Fat A :wave:

treble

yes I think fondues are just about the sexiest meal there is. I haven't been to a fondue restaraunt but a fondue dinner for two is guarranteed to end up just the way you want it to.... I'd wager even the "socially challenged" would score with a fondue... big call I know but they are just that good.

treb

Last edited:
lol @ treble, but good call. "even yummybud would score with a fondue"

Sounds good Nevermind, I'm gonna have to look in my neck of the woods for a Melting Pot, I'm sure my lady would love it. Give us a report! :)

Blatant

Hmmm... Never heard of these joints. Gotta look into it.
May your Dinner Experiance be Cheesy!
Have a Dip for me!

Blatant :wave:

Carini

Never tried fondue before, but I know my mom has a sweet retro set from the 70's that she would probably hook me up with...may have to look into that

Latest posts

Latest posts