Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > looking for a legal loophole

Thread Title Search
looking for a legal loophole Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2018, 07:12 PM #1
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of light
looking for a legal loophole

like many of us, I am limited to the number of plants i can grow legally. where i live if it has roots it counts. my question/idea is if i grafted a couple plants together at the stem would they be considered 1 plant? i know its iffy and theres probably not much legal precedent here but if they are truly grafted together and fused at the stem would the law define them as one plant? a plant can have more than one root system through grafting and it is still considered one plant.

let the trolling commence.........
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 PM #2
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
If it’s a true graft or grafts it will have only one root system. 1 plant, 1 root system with multiple varieties as branches (grafts). Think 5 in 1 apple tree.

There are some threads here on IC about grafting.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:32 PM #3
Gr33nSanta

I was actually thinking for a while of starting a nursery selling grafted cannabis, Ive never tried grafting cannabis yet though.

But yeah with plant counts of 5 per household, one could go to said nursery, buy 20 cultivars on 5 plants.

Not sure it can be done so easily...

Old 03-01-2018, 08:38 PM #4
Spaventa

Spaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant future
Why not just long veg and LST? Ive seen "plants" in Colorado like huge branchy wide trees.

Delicious Critical Jack Herer ACE Panama Haze
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349398
Spaventa is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:01 PM #5
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of light
I can and do grow bigger plants, lst, top, find, scrog etc. The point would be to do four together in one ppk site and let veg time.

I don't mean grafting in a traditional sense but more so bringing the attend together
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2018, 12:52 AM #6
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to allLimeygreen is a name known to all
Why would it be considered anything but one plant? Simply a rootstock, they did not limit cultivars allowed.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:40 AM #7
Dawgfunk

Dawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the rough
That sucks. What about veg?! But 30gal...u can fill up as much space as you need to with the right strain and a lil time! And to do with the regulations, they need to rid it and decriminalize the plant already. Sucks to have to abide by someone else’s thoughts and decisions on what’s right for my mind and body, how much i can grow, etc. Who’s to say I’m not gonna juice a whole crop in a month?
Dawgfunk is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2018, 04:43 AM #8
Dawgfunk

Dawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the rough
You can plant em all side by side in a big pot and I wouldn’t doubt over time the roots are gonna be close to one big ball.
Dawgfunk is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2018, 05:48 AM #9
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Hydro View Post
like many of us, I am limited to the number of plants i can grow legally. where i live if it has roots it counts. my question/idea is if i grafted a couple plants together at the stem would they be considered 1 plant? i know its iffy and theres probably not much legal precedent here but if they are truly grafted together and fused at the stem would the law define them as one plant? a plant can have more than one root system through grafting and it is still considered one plant.

let the trolling commence.........
I see what you're trying to do but wouldn't you necessarily have too many plants at some point?
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2018, 06:17 AM #10
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
I'd think a person could cut down to the xylem of two sides of four plants at 90 degree angles, keep all four root balls intact, and tape the four plants together where they're cut, thereby creating one plant from the four but with a better root ball. After they've thoroughly fused, I'd 'guess' most inspectors wouldn't know what they're looking at. That stated, wouldn't it be just as easy to make one plant grow really big?
brown_thumb is offline Quote