What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you wouldent believe the abuse a plant can take and still give you a good haul
outdoors is even tougher and the plants were pretty much on their own for days at a time when i would grow under the sun
but they want to live and ar tough micky fickies
ive had the chineese sausages that are roughly the diameter of your finger or thumb, we called them en'czen (phonetic spelling)
they were awesome dries sausages that had that deep red color and a lot of fat and flavor
that would be rad to make a bunch of individual sized coils to serve, but its also a lot of work
last year it was the aliance of american football or something like that
/we had a team here in san diego called the fleet
this year its the xfl
this one looks like it could be for real and its heavily backed by vince mcmahon, the guy who owns pro wrestling
with his background in the wwf (now the wwe),he seems to understand it takes time to grow a entertainment business and is willing to invest for the long haul
/plus he has deep pockets
its tough being a student and i try and do all i can to help and support her
like you said, i remember being in those shoes myself brotehr!
it sounds like you have a full plate and then some but a lot of fun things planned!
do you guys have nice snow machines?
thanks for the well wishes and lets finish the week off strong!

Fiddynut

outdoors is even tougher and the plants were pretty much on their own for days at a time when i would grow under the sun
ive had the chineese sausages that are roughly the diameter of your finger or thumb, we called them en'czen (phonetic spelling)
they were awesome dries sausages that had that deep red color and a lot of fat and flavor
that would be rad to make a bunch of individual sized coils to serve, but its also a lot of work
this year its the xfl
this one looks like it could be for real and its heavily backed by vince mcmahon, the guy who owns pro wrestling
with his background in the wwf (now the wwe),he seems to understand it takes time to grow a entertainment business and is willing to invest for the long haul
it sounds like you have a full plate and then some but a lot of fun things planned!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Your right about those plants buddy, they can take a licking and keep on ticking so to speak. I use to do landscaping and I know how tough it can be to kill weeds. I'm a bit surprised that it has taken this long for me to have a plant fall over. All the moms that were transplanted got water and feed today, 8 days after transplant and a few days since she fell over and are looking good. And it's just about time to water the cobra lips and flip them into the flower tent.
I need to order more sausage casings anyway and I think I'll get some of the smaller diameter ones. I'd like to make some breakfast sausage one of these days.and who knows maybe some Asian sausage too. Do you remember what the flavor profile on the en'czen was like?
I didn't even realize that the football league was diffrent last year than this year. I will have a look through the guide this weekend and see if I can find any games. I remember Vince McMahon from back in my days watching wrestling as a kid. He is defenatly a showman and knows how to build excitement. Having money helps too I'm sure.
We don't own snowmobiles but we drive up and rent them. For as much as we ride it makes way more sense to rent a new machine when we want to go. Sleds are probably the most expensive nonflying vehicles to own because they get used so little and break all the time. It looks like we arnt going up to the UP to ride this weekend. My bro has to work when it snows and has to stay in town when it's in the forcast. We have had a couple back to back snows where we got a few inches and it looks like there is a bit more on the way. The temps have plummeted the last day or so as well but it is supposed to be back up around 30 tomorrow so that's good.
I hope you have a great long weekend brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the flavor was pretty basic from what i remember, like soy and a few mild seasonings
i did a quick google search for chineese sausage and it came right up
on of the ingredients they mentioned was rice wine and soy
they also had pictures of the sausages
here was a pretty good link with a recipe if you want to check it out
https://www.chinasichuanfood.com/chinese-sausages/
we would slice them on the bias and then quickly pan fry them and eat them with rice or noodles
renting the snow machines sounds like a great idea
i can see how they would be a lot of money to lay out for something you only use a few times a year
plus like you said, you guys are there to ride
/let someone else wrench on them
its been super cold here these past couple weeks but the days are definitely getting longer
there is light by the time i leave the house in the morning now and about an hour or so when i get home at night
i used to watch the pro wrestling too as a kid and have seen the wwe grow over the decades
i dont really watch it anymore but its not hard to see how far they have come as far as production and talent goes
hope your weekend is off toa great start brother and you enjoy your time off

Sunshineinabag

indeed they can take alot of abuse

indeed they can take alot of abuse

this year its the xfl

Ive rescued three babes in happy frog from a neighbor who was feeding them brewed coffee into a 2 inch thick medium........yeah.....crispy critters when i got them. now they have recovered under 5000k and plain jane water. super light green.....lmao i doubt they need N tho right after being inundated with that coffee i can prob expect they were locked out and highly caffinated!!
:tiphat:
cold friday=snotcicles on my mustache
sat aint no better so im watching patreon channel (1 dollar US for membership) jim c swim criminology videos....rather fun to watch.
Tomarrow is ice, roof snow falling off said roof piles pick up so i imagine ill be nice and tired by this time tomarrow! Hope you guys are having a decent weekend. If you ever end up in northern vermont say hi please

packerfan79

Veteran
Our favorite plant can certainly take some abuse. My second crop was in an ebb and flow hydro system. The switch that shut the pump off failed, I had 50 gallons of water flood the tent . The plants were almost completely under water, on the floor. Still turned out to be one of my best crops.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope y'all had a great weekend. I was feeling well enough to take Eggo to the dog park on Sunday and Monday and even get a game of disc golf in on Monday afternoon. Then I got to work this morning and im tired and my joints hurt and I fell sick again. Time to start getting more rest again. Oh well I guess it's a good time to be under the weather.

@pop_rocks. Thanks for the link I will check out the recipe. Rice wine and soy are common in Chinese food and it's no suprise that the sausage has those ingredients. I'm looking forward to trying them some day.
I caught some of an XFL game on Sunday and it looked pretty much like normal football to me. It seems like they are trying some new rules that I wouldn't be surprised to see in the NFL in years to come. The way they line up for punt and kick returns looks interesting. I don't care for the new NFL rules that seem to have killed the return game and the way the XFL does it might be a better alternative.
The days certainly are getting longer. It use to be dark by 4:30 here and now it's almost 6 by the time it's dark. I suffer when the days are really short. Temps arnt looking like spring yet around here and we're headed for a couple more days of quite cold air this week which is supposed to be followed by another warm up to around 40 by the weekend.
I hope you had a great weekend brother and let's kick some ass their week!

@Sunshineinabag. Congratulations on your 3 new baby's! How odd to be feeding plants coffee, I don't think I've heard of that before. I can see where lockouts would happen without a well balanced diet for them. Flush flush and flush them and start them on light nutes and see what happens.
It is usually very cold here too but this year we are having a pretty mild winter. Lots of days around 30 with nights around 20 for us this year. Many years we get a whole bunch of they Canadian air and have those days where it never gets to zero. That's the cold that I really don't like, though I doubt anyone does. Stay warm buddy!
I've never been to Vermont but I hear it's beautiful! I hope to visit someday.

Fiddynut

Our favorite plant can certainly take some abuse. My second crop was in an ebb and flow hydro system. The switch that shut the pump off failed, I had 50 gallons of water flood the tent . The plants were almost completely under water, on the floor. Still turned out to be one of my best crops.

Hope everyone is having a great week.
Good afternoon Packerfan.
That sure is some abuse for sure. I guess they got a great folar feeding from the flood LOL!
I hope your week is off to a great start!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas!
hope everyone is kicking ass and having a great short week for those of us who had monday off

i totally agree that the xfl tastes just like real football
the quality of the play on the field is decent and the production of the show is top notch
i could see myself getting into it eventually
right now its hard to tell whos who and whats what
but we will see as time goes by and im sure a team or two will emerge as the best of the bunch
the closest team to me is in los angeles, but im not ready to pick a team just yet
im totally on board with some of the new rules
you mentioned the best one about how they do the kick off
from what i understand the coverage teams are lined up at about mid field and its only the kicker and the returner who are back deep
i tihnk you are right about some of the things that work in the xfl might make it into the nfl; if it makes the game better and ,more exciting for the fans, but safer for the players im all for it
the en'czen are good sausages and im sure you can find them in the locally if you look
if not i would gladly be your taste tester and let you know when you got it right
thats great that you got to take eggo out to the dog park and i hope you guys are enjoying the fun times together

happening p'fan!
hope your week is off to a great start for you and the family
its been hella cold lately here in socal but yuo can feel the change in the seasons is in the air; when do the kids get spring break?
it was good to see you over the weekend brother and again, thank you so much for everything!

happening sunshine!
hope you are doing well and the plants are filling out nicely
coffee grounds make good compost but are super acidic
thats great that you were able to salvage the plants and hopefully your neighbor will learn form his mistakes
how are the plants doing btw? how long do you like to veg for?
/post up some pics when you can
glad to see you around and hope you are having a great start to the week

packerfan79

Veteran
happening fellas!
hope everyone is kicking ass and having a great short week for those of us who had monday off

i totally agree that the xfl tastes just like real football
the quality of the play on the field is decent and the production of the show is top notch
i could see myself getting into it eventually
right now its hard to tell whos who and whats what
but we will see as time goes by and im sure a team or two will emerge as the best of the bunch
the closest team to me is in los angeles, but im not ready to pick a team just yet
im totally on board with some of the new rules
you mentioned the best one about how they do the kick off
from what i understand the coverage teams are lined up at about mid field and its only the kicker and the returner who are back deep
i tihnk you are right about some of the things that work in the xfl might make it into the nfl; if it makes the game better and ,more exciting for the fans, but safer for the players im all for it
the en'czen are good sausages and im sure you can find them in the locally if you look
if not i would gladly be your taste tester and let you know when you got it right
thats great that you got to take eggo out to the dog park and i hope you guys are enjoying the fun times together

happening p'fan!
hope your week is off to a great start for you and the family
its been hella cold lately here in socal but yuo can feel the change in the seasons is in the air; when do the kids get spring break?
it was good to see you over the weekend brother and again, thank you so much for everything!

happening sunshine!
hope you are doing well and the plants are filling out nicely
coffee grounds make good compost but are super acidic
thats great that you were able to salvage the plants and hopefully your neighbor will learn form his mistakes
how are the plants doing btw? how long do you like to veg for?
/post up some pics when you can
glad to see you around and hope you are having a great start to the week

Hey Pop Rocks,

Yeah it's pretty cold here still. Mid 40s in the morning. Thankfully the wind has died down, it was bad for a while. Their were big rigs blown over on the freeway everyday. Of course that's relative, I am sure Fiddynuts is laughing at us California boys talking about cold weather. It got up to 75 today at work.

The kids get spring break last week of March. I should probably plan some adventure for us.

I hope you find some goodness in the beans, I think you will like that lemon og too.

Sunshineinabag

Here they are

Here they are

I don't wanna piss fiddy off posting these

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_043108.jpg
    IMG_20200219_043108.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200219_043150.jpg
    IMG_20200219_043150.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 10

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better today. Whatever I had yesterday came on quick and had me so exhausted that I'm surprised I was able to finish the day out. I went home and went straight to bed and sweat it out for about 12 hours. Apparently about 1/4 of the people here at work with went home sick yesterday. Many of them are still home today but I'm feeling good enough to suffer through. Days off are hard to come by and I don't want to spend them home in bed unless I can help it.

@pop_rocks. Your right, I felt like I was watching the NFL for sure when I was watching on Sunday. There are more games comming up on Saturday and Sunday and I'm going to tune in if I'm at home. It seems like the XFL would be a great place to try out new rules before bringing them to the NFL. I only watched about a half but what've saw was good action. I heard the sports talk guys ripping the quarterback play but let's give them a chance to get up to speed. I like the fact that they are trying to get the return game back. Kick and punt returns use to be one of the most exciting things about the game and I miss them.
I think there is a local place they I can get those en'czen sausages. They have them sometimes and not others I'll just have to keep my eyes open. I might take you up on being the taste tester brother.
Eggo has been loving the dog park and I wish we could go every day. Once the weather improves it will be easier to go more often. This time of year we need some fresh snow otherwise it gets so icy it's like a skating rink and he or I could easily fall and possable get hurt.
What's this about some new seeds and lemon OG? Keep us posted brother!

@Packerfan. I would never laugh at y'all because I know that cold is relitive. When I lived in Cali the damp winters in the high 30's and 40's felt pretty damn cold. Besides I've got nothing to complain about this year with the mild temps here.

@sunshineinabag. Don't worry about me, in fact I encourage everyone to post up as many pics as they like in the jungle. Pics make the thread more interesting so post away brother! Those plants don't look half bad considering. Do you know anything about the strain? I hope they grow out to be fire!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
glad you are feeling better f'nut! there have been some bad bugs going around this year
i agree with you about not wanting to waste a sick day off work being sick unless im really in a bad way
half the battle is just getting to work and once you are there you can usually tough it out
you know im here for you my man and it would be rad to sample your meaty wares
so i was able to catch up with p'fan this past weekend and he totally came through wth a very generous care package
i got a bunch of seeds and a couple nice cuts
/thanks again p'man!
i have them under t'5s right now while i get the tent set back up
ive been seriously falling behind in the garden lately and need to step my game UP! to keep up with you guys
thats a good point about safety and its not worth going if there is a chance of getting hurt
how far from the pad is it; could you guys walk there in a reasonable amount of time?
hope you are feeling better and all set for the rest of the week

that would be cool if you and the kids could get into some fun this spring
hopefully hopefully the worst of winter is behind us and you will have a great spring to enjoy
keep kicking ass my friend and i hope to catch up with you again soon

nice plants sunshine!
/ totaly diggin on the seashell too
so what do you ahve going on there?
i like the structure on the larger one, have you run these before
like fiddy said, the jungle is a pretty open place where we all like to share and have fun man
hope old man winter is being kind you you guys up north and please keep us posted on your progress in teh garden

Fiddynut

glad you are feeling better f'nut! there have been some bad bugs going around this year
i agree with you about not wanting to waste a sick day off work being sick unless im really in a bad way
half the battle is just getting to work and once you are there you can usually tough it out
so i was able to catch up with p'fan this past weekend and he totally came through wth a very generous care package
/thanks again p'man!
ive been seriously falling behind in the garden lately and need to step my game UP! to keep up with you guys
thats a good point about safety and its not worth going if there is a chance of getting hurt
how far from the pad is it; could you guys walk there in a reasonable amount of time?

hopefully hopefully the worst of winter is behind us and you will have a great spring to enjoy

nice plants sunshine!
like fiddy said, the jungle is a pretty open place where we all like to share and have fun man
hope old man winter is being kind you you guys up north and please keep us posted on your progress in teh garden
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Man, I was really feeling better yesterday but today is a diffrent story. I'm starting to think this is going to last a while. I sure hope I'm feeling better by next week I was planing on having some fun on Fat Tuesday. Since we are not going down to Mobile for Mardi Gras we are planning on finding some fun around here.
I'm at work again today because I'm determined not to waste any days off. I haven't even smoked a bowl in the last couple days because I just don't feel like it and it would just make me cough and hurt my throat. It's been many many years since I went a day without smoking. Haven't had a drink either. I just want to get this day over and get back home and to bed.
I look forward to seeing what you can do with those beans and clones brother. If I lived where you do and could get good buds I'd be tempted to take breaks on my grows too. Keep us posted.
So I got a great compliment today. The tool guy who I usually trade buds for tools with went to Colorado last week and went to several dispensarys. He asked for the best they had at a number of place and was disappointed with the quality. He says my buds are way better than what he got there. Like I've experienced, dispensary buds are often dry, flavorless and don't get me as high as good old fashioned illegal buds grown right here.
Time to get back to the grind...I hope your well!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that suck that you are not out of the woods just yet
i know what you mean about those times when you are so sick you just want to get into bed
i might have a strong drink because it helps me sleep but i wont smoke because you end up feeling worse off after
the one good thing is because you took a few days off smoking, the next time you toke up is going to be rad!
i hope you get all better before fat tuesday and are able to enjoy yourself
thats really a great thing to hear!
ive heard that most of the weed available in colorado isnt that special, especially if you have a good source close to home
but ive sen your plants and i know how much care you put into your garden
id be willing to bet you are getting the most out of the genetics you have and your weed is top notch smoke
feel better my friend so you can enjoy that good weed of yours!

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Bummer about being sick Fiddynuts. It seems worse this year. Or last year, whatever. Lately. I have been sick 3 times in a last year. That's unusual for me. It seems to me warming up, so that should help.

@ Pop Rocks

We gotta meet up again soon. I think you are going to like that lemon og. It's a quick veg, frosty as fuck right now at 5 weeks. They stems are surprisingly large and strong for an og, not like the typical viney, floppy stems most OG's have. It stacks nice close nodes too.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah this year has been really bad for me and the mrs being sick a lot more than usual
but its starting to feel like spring, at least in the day
those cuts smelled like fire man and i cant wait to see how they grow
kick ass my man!

Sunshineinabag

havent read past this pops post yet lol

havent read past this pops post yet lol

/thanks again p'man!

nice plants sunshine!

I really dont know what these are tbh........I gave this person these seeds last summer hoping they would find a plot, grow them out(if they were viable) and let me try it.....these seeds were found in a bag of grass gifted to my older brother a few years ago that had a graprfruit, dieselish smell that was soo unique and the flowers were truly two hit shit sorta speak. I did an open pollination in a tent two seasons in a row...if you look at my main page i have the second pollination plant (the real tall one) i did in two tents last year. Im really pleased how my first attempt at producing decent flowers has turned out with pollination. I spend alot to live where i do so im draggin ass getting things going like i normally do. 4 diff types of basil..french breakfast radish.....gonna star some joe e parker peppers soon....I have several hundred of these seeds left in the fridge, what a lucky strike i got with these!:biggrin:

Sunshineinabag

btw guys .............Ive experianced A LARGE amount of middle aged folks in my area suffering from these "flu's" starting back in the first week of jan..........seems as if it hits them hard for a week then slightly dissipates........then comes back AGAIN ...i have two friends who work in street outreach for the homeless that have noticed an alarming rise in the cold coming back way to frequently ...for example seasonal colds used to hit us hard then give a few months before it came back. Now it leaves for a day or two and comes back........the cdc is a joke in this regard imho.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I'm going to call today feeling better version 2.0. I hope I've turned the corner and can start feeling myself again. I've always thought that one good thing about being sick is that when I do start feeling better I have much more appreciation for how it feels to be healthy.

@pop_rocks. Like you mentioned it's been all I can do to get home and feed and care for Eggo and get into bed to sweat it out. Part of it is my stubbornness, I haven't taken anything, not even a Tylenol, untill this morning. I've had this sinus headache for a couple days and just couldn't stand it anymore.
Usually I would have a drink after work to help me relax and sleep but I just haven't been able to bring myself to do that. And I don't ever recall being too sick to smoke a bowl but I guess there is a first time for everything.
Now that you mention it I am kind of looking forward to my first puff after a few days off. I hope I get super high LOL.
I made a ham last weekend so that id have a ham bone for red beans and rice for Fat Tuesday and I'm really looking forward to that.
I hope your week is finishing strong brother!

@Packerfan. I think your right about this being a bad year for getting sick. I feel like I'm eating well and everything else yet still getting sick more than usual. I use to feel like I had a great immune system but I'm beginning to wonder about that. Maybe I'm just getting old haha.

@Sunshineinabag. It sounds like you found some great genetics in those bag seeds! It must be fun and rewarding to let those plants get busy and make some seeds. I hope to try someday.
You mention basil and peppers and that reminds me I need to plan for some gardening this year. I've been saying for the last couple years that I need to get some veggies going or at least a herb garden.
Haha "middle aged folks" makes me laugh because I never thought I'd live past my 20's. I've always had a lot of high risk hobbies like racing motorcycles and such and never though I'd have to worry about getting older but here I am. Now I'm in my mid 40's and I guess I just have to be happy because the alternative isn't great.
I've noticed similar patterns as you with people getting sick, feeling better, and just when they think it's over it comes back with a vengeance. A lot of people I work with have been in this pattern. It seems odd because from what I understand our immune systems should be primed to woop ass on something once it is exposed to it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas! its friday night and time to get this party started

i hear you about not being too sick to smoke
i cant tell you the last time i went a whole day without at least a puff or two
but sometimes when you get that really bad head/ chest cold its almost like you feel worse after that first hit
/your head hurts from all the coughing and it just doestn seem worth it
you guys are right thoe and i think this years bug is one of the wrose to hit in a while
ive had frends who ended up on antibiotics from this thing going around and like you said fiddy, these are usually normal healthy people
red beans and rice sounds like just the thing to nurse you along!
plus if you make it spicy the heat helps loosen up the congestion in addition to bringing the flavor
hang in there brother and get better
/i think the worst part about being sick is the loss of appetite and how bland good food will taste

oh wow man,i dident know you were chuckin your own pollen sunshine'
it sounds like your bro caught some good stuff and was super lucky to find a few beans in the mix
im especially interested in this now! keep us posted on how she is doing please
thats rad that you also like to grow your own food!
we grow a few things and my mom is a master gardener and has an amazing veggie patch
kick ass brother and post up some pics when you can so we can all marvel at your handy work1
how spicy are those peppers you have?

you know ill be in touch p'fan and we will def be seeing each other again soon
hope you are starting your weekend off right

\btw, where is our man rhode?!
\\not to mention fish' and all the rest of you goons?! stop by and post up when you get a chance