What's new

What's my Kush want?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I'm guessing Mg. Only my Kush hybrids are showing this. Other plants growing along side are all normal.
Genetics are (sfv og x chem) x white og

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Like I said, all my other clones are looking normal and I've heard Kushes can be finicky.
Do they just want some epsom salt?

Here is the plant this girl came from. Doing fine in flower.

picture.php

Obviously I want to keep this girl around.
Thanks for any tips, tricks or truth.

I

Iron_Lion

That's entirely normal on chems and OG's. I have actually seen it on many of OG and Chem crosses I have grown and even a few other strains. Some will say it is TMV but I don't necessarily believe that, I have also heard people say it might be related to calcium.

I might even say it is some form of a variegated leaf, maybe brought out by inbreeding?

Last edited:

wingdings

Veteran
Yes some kushes can be quite needy on the Cal and mag. Honestly I've seen this before in my garden and it seemed to happen when everything was running smoothly.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Thanks for the responses guys. Pretty much what I was figuring.
I'll start on the cal-mag and see where that gets me.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I have also seen this before and I could be wrong but there are also varigated plants which mimic lack of cal/mag so watch for this aswell your plant almost looks like this.. One way of knowing for sure is to spray and see if your plant changes color if it does then you know it's Cal/Mag headband 707

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
If it was just the color difference I wouldn't really question it. It's the hook shape of the affected leaf that has me concerned.

I

Iron_Lion

If it was just the color difference I wouldn't really question it. It's the hook shape of the affected leaf that has me concerned.

Any time I have seen this personally plants are over all healthy and seem un effected by what what ever is causing it.

Sometimes hormonal, bacterial, genetic, fungal, viral and environmental triggers can cause plants to do strange things. And although it may cause them to look weird it doesn't diminish their over all health or production.

Like this, I had this happen to a few plants once, but they grew entirely normal but and still yielded great, but their appearance was very strange.

picture.php

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
In the second pic if you look in the background bottom left you can see new growth that looks lile it needs Mg. she looks great though

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Yeah cody, that's what's weird. That is how I've always associated "classic" Mg def.
So even without the yellow stripping I know that they need more Mg.
Just never seen it express it like this.

I'm wondering if you're rockin too much N in flower causing some uptake issues. The pic of the plant that you say is "fine" is on the verge of burning. It's super dark green for being that far into flower and has the "claw".
I'm not trying to piss you off. Just letting you know what my eyes see.

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
Looks like natural variegation to me. My Kush's will do this sporadically too. When mine need mag the leaves will start the classic praying look just before they move on to actually developing the brown spotting and damage associated with a cal/mag issue.
Peace,
KF

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I'm wondering if you're rockin too much N in flower causing some uptake issues. The pic of the plant that you say is "fine" is on the verge of burning. It's super dark green for being that far into flower and has the "claw".
I'm not trying to piss you off. Just letting you know what my eyes see.
Not gonna piss me off, I got thick skin and I'm here to learn.

Not sure what you mean by uptake issues. The first pics were of a clone that is still in veg.

I have not been concerned with the green still left in the plant in flower as it still has 3-4 weeks to go I'm guessing.

As far as to much N, possible, although it would surprise me as I'm feeding H&G Coco A&B and haven't gone over 500 ppm or 1.0 E.C.

Are Kush's known to be extremely light feeders?

Thanks for chiming in.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Ive got a white diesel that does this. Hasnt figured into its yield or flavor. I suspect variants in the enviroment. cheers

praisehim.

Veteran
^ what karmic and other s said. its variegated growth, its typical with chem an ogs.. nothing to worry about really, as long ervtyhing else looks good. which it does for you.. :)

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
Not gonna piss me off, I got thick skin and I'm here to learn.

Are Kush's known to be extremely light feeders?

Thanks for chiming in.

Not that I have noticed, most seem able to be pushed if you're careful and slow doing it. My Pure Kush, OG cuts, and Pre 98 Bubba Kush all take nutrients fine.
Chems can sometimes be a little touchy with higher doses of nutrients IMO though.

Peace,
KF

Latest posts

Latest posts