What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4.5 DAYS without Logic or Emotional Control

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Heyas! :D

Ran into something very interesting and just had to share.

When my wife and I met, we were both quite dysfunctional in our own ways. Life was not anywhere near the wonderful experience it is these days, for sure. :D

Of the many issues we've worked out and ridden ourselves of, there is one in particular that I'm doubly glad to see gone... or I was.

I love my wife dearly. She's totally awesome and I can't spend enough time around her. Intellgent, witty, sexy, logical, dirty, clean, reliable, dependable and just, well... totally amazing. In spite of all this, she used to have days of total logic loss and have nearly complete emotional breakdowns.
No matter how carefully and logically things were explained... everything that wasn't aligned with her thinking was like an attack. No matter what I said, I was the bad guy and couldn't get her to see the plain facts in front of her face.

I literally wanted to walk away for a few days... until her logic and emotional control would return. Usually just a couple of days. I chalked it up to a 'mental' thing and just dealt with it. I mean... have you met her MOTHER? Seemed to totally explain these 'lapses' of hers.

Fast forward 10 years... the issue hasn't reared it's ugly head in several of the most recent years and was nearly forgotten about. It wasn't something we'd specifically worked on, it just seemed to have gone away.

A short time ago my daughter (fed natural, whole food since birth 2 and a half years ago) was given half of a candy bar as a 'treat'. (No, not going to name the bar... send me a PM if you want to know)
Do you know that the logic and emotional control in my daughter packed up and went fishing.... for FOUR AND A HALF DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS! HOLY CRAP!

IT IS THE FOOD! Or what passes for food these days.

Looking back, I haven't been able to pinpoint what which food it was my wife used to eat. I recognize similar behaviors from time to time though, and it's from processed foods. Would love to know what she was eating back then. (Not willing to have her eat stuff to find out though *shudder*)

So... to anyone who has children or a spouse/mate with constant or intermittent times of emotional control and logic failures..... Anyone who has a spouse/mate who continually (or intermittantly) says you don't make sense (have no logic) or can't control your emotions....... Stop eating what's possibly causing it.

Easier said than done.... I'll tell you now.

No refined, adulterated, artificial or modified foods. No canned stuff. No hydrogenated oils.... hell no oils but olive, for that matter. No glycerides (mono or di), no 'natural' flavors (because if it was natural... it would say the fruit or what not the flavor came from.... not a 'natural' flavor of it.) or corn syrups or sugars. No vitamin "enriched" foods, fat-free or other fake food stuffs they sell today.

NO SORBATES!

Your rewards will be a greater peace, happiness and sense of well being. Greater logic and emotional control. MORE ENERGY!
You won't stink like a diseased pig if you skip deoderant for a few days. (definitely a plus)

Most of all... you won't be getting in your own way. You'll be able to focus on what's important and direct your efforts without distraction. :D

Hope this helps, be sure to share any similar stories if you have them. :thank you:

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
What about the millions of kids that can eat half a candy bar and NOT have 4 1/2 days of tantrums?

djonkoman

Veteran
guess I should have eaten more candy and processed food as a kid... I've had a wrong baance the other way for a long time, very logical, for example in hindsight there was a period in my childhood were I was probably close to depresson, but at the time I didn't feel depressed at all since I thought it made no sense to feel despressed, so I didn't.

weed helped me to see logic isn't everyting. but if I go sober for a while again I notice myself getting more logical/rational again, and get less tolerance for morons or idiotic behaviour

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
What about the millions of kids that can eat half a candy bar and NOT have 4 1/2 days of tantrums?

Um... I'll stack my kid against their behavior any day. It's quite remarkable, and people do just that. I hear it all the time how she's "not like other kids, like wow." kinda stuff.

The candy bar had her acting like 'most' kids... it's why it was so horrifying and traumatic.

I guess it really comes down to frame of reference... most people that need this information, won't be able to understand it's in reference to themselves.

Sick, isn't it?

hammalamma said:
I always thought that women were just that way in general.
LOL... Yeah, me too. I figure between the food and how twisted society is... most females haven't got a chance. (edit: Not that guys are any real stunning examples of the race these days either.)

praisehim.

Veteran
interesting. losing logic or emotional control for a period of time and then going back to normal is not normal... no matter what you eat... unless its crack..lol. Maybe you need to rephrase your title, or have a bigger issue at hand. regardless, i wish you and your loved ones the best... society is truly effed these days.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
So basically every kid you've met is messed up, but not your little angel, except for the time when she ate half a candy bar, which caused her to behave just as badly as everybody else's kids always do...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The candy bar had her acting like 'most' kids... it's why it was so horrifying and traumatic.

I guess it really comes down to frame of reference... most people that need this information, won't be able to understand it's in reference to themselves.

Sick, isn't it?

blame my behavior (naughty posts) on candy bars???

Skip please don't ban me, I swear it was the candy talkin'.......

BRILLIANT!!!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
trippin on snickers!!!!

"do not eat the brown sugar! the brown sugar is bad"

i got fucking SPUN on a king size!

i could do this for days......

N

noluv

Candy bars aren't the problem usually they are treats. Or maybe I should say they aren't the problem if they are just rare treats. It's the stuff like cereal that is marketed as food but really mainly sugar that is the issue IMO. Like the "vitamin enriched" foods... Something like Froot Loops, which they advertise as if it was some kind of healthy multivitamin, mainly has the same B-vitamins as energy drinks along with a shitload of sugar. Closer to a drug than food! What's really funny is even the flavors are the same ones we like in our weed; lemon, grape...

And trying to keep kids away from candy is kinda like Cannabis prohibition, I know they could have never done it to me as a kid. :D But actually my dentist aunt tried to forbid my cousin from eating sugar, she turned out bulimic.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Funny you make the comparison, there is a General Mills plant in my town, and you can tell when they are running Froot Loops cause you can smell the linalool, which is a terpene also found in cannabis...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm planting seeds today, 12 strains of meds in and the rest vegetables... repotted tomato babies today also, still too cold at my altitude to put the plants in the ground.

trying to go unprocessed by the seasons end, glad to hear the benefit hydro...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
haha is this for real?

you should start your own tabloid newspaper , this shit is ridiculous. candy bars making kids go crazy?

i'm gonna go eat a candy bar....

EDIT: hydro-soil, arent you the guy who claims he can taste the tap-water in people's flushed homegrown? maybe you should think before making posts on ICmag

SourPurp

You're ONTO something for sure. A lot of peopl may say that sounds like a consirpacy theory or something but u right on.. I'm actually going to come right out and say what you implied but sort of failed to mention...that its INTENDED for people to lose logic and emotional control when they consume the crap u mentioned. easier to program with contradictory themes..e.g. "War is peace" "religion is good" etc etc...

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tuu3G.jpg

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
i keep getting comments, so i will slightly elaborate.

I bought some supplement (hydroxicut or something like that) 5-7 years ago and didnt use them all.

I also grew two oz of mushrooms last year, ground them up, and put them in the hydroxicut.

The mushies will be good indefinitely, and no one should take my old hydroxicut, but if they do...

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
So basically every kid you've met is messed up, but not your little angel, except for the time when she ate half a candy bar, which caused her to behave just as badly as everybody else's kids always do...

Yeah... pretty much that's it in a nutshell. If you met her, you would understand. :tiphat:

Funny to see how many people don't believe it. Yeah... most kids suck these days. LOL

This isn't an isolated incident, just the only one that lasted quite that long. Frosted chocolate doughnut turned her into a brat for about 2 hours. Not exactly the same behavior as the candy bar, but along the same lines as "other people's children's behavior".

I've been around children my whole life, one of 7 kids in my family and dealt with kids in many different settings from many different ethnic, cultural and societal backgrounds. My kid is awesome. :dance013:

Take the info or leave it, doesn't change my life unless I have to deal with you. :D

p.s. I don't 'claim' anything. I state the facts as they occur to me. Since I don't believe in "man's interpretation' of anything, take what I say however you like. Keep in mind that I don't lie, don't embellish and don't generally insist on subjects I don't know much about. :thank you: