What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kung-Fu/Martial Art Movies

daddy fingaz

some interesting links indeed, id love to have a spar with a wing chun practioner, they certainly have some 'different' techniques!

BigPhil

Veteran
original's always the best, i have that iron monkey. fung fu zombie is my frav, the fung fu is awsome, doesnt look like people dancing around eachother like most bad kung fu flims

devroy

Kung-Fu/Martial Art Movies

I am one of the biggest fan of martial art and i like kung-fu/martial art movies like a enter the dragon .i have watched this movie and also liked it because the way ninja weapon or ninja weapons used in this movie w
6624-ninja-silhouette-series.jpg
ere very fascinating and i like these kind of movies so much. its my fevorite.

demasoni

get the soundtrack, or the game soundtrack atleast for afro samurai (I downloaded it, its some sick sick beats).
I love the scimitar (see jet li, The War Lords).watch the scimitar flow,
roll a long one get it burnin, listen to one of those afro samurai beats (01- Kimono dance) on soundtrack and watch war lords at part where jet li shaves down lines after line of soldiers in 15 foot radius (in the battle against shu soldiers with his shan army, gets scimitar on cavalry then penetrates canon line and starts decimating,) you'll catch the scimitar flow

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
well i m a big fan of kung fu movies too.. i did some practice for 3 years, also a bit of taekwondo and capoeira.
i always wanted to learn wing chun or jeet kune do but never get a club close enough to where i live..

Ip man
Tai Chi Master
Fist of legend

and the one on the kyokushin master i don t recall the name...

Mr. Burgundy

#2 practiced the Snake style...he was known as the snake spirit..

Five Deadly Venoms is my contribution to the fray...

Thanks for mentioning CHOCOLATE-I netflix'd it a few weeks ago. I literally just sent back Iron Monkey.
Yeah, I remember Flying Guillotine, Master Killer,Street Fighter, Shogun Assassin-all greats!

My late mother used to take me and my cousin to the LUX theater in Oakland back in the day, and we were able to catch some great grindhouse flicks.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0201204/ -The Hong Kong Cat-This was the last flick I saw at a Grindhouse.

Sometimes I listen to Wu-Tang only to hear the snippets of old martial arts flicks. I love them for doin that!

Stay Classy!

corky1968

Veteran
Bionic Ninja.....lol

Yeah I remember standing on a sleazy, smelly street corner in Mongkok (Kowloon) back in 1985... waiting for this beat-up van to pick me up at 6am in the morning to take me out to some container port where they filmed some of the scenes in the movie.....I made 600 Hong Kong dollars a day(about $80 u.s.d. at the time) and worked for about 5 days on this film......I played the part of Tommy Foster supposedly a C.I.A. agent....

Lunch was served in a polystyrene box and consisted of some over-cooked rice with a bit of chopped pork fat on the top...

I think the budget for the whole film was about 10-15,000 usd.....

Cannon films came to Hong Kong in 1986 to film 'Blood Sport' with Bolo and Van Damme mostly at Clearwater Bay studios.....I managed to get a small part in that film as Per Gustavson a Swedish nobleman that gets beaten up in a few seconds by Bolo.....

....The budget for that film was $5,000,000......and the food was much better.......plus the pay was $300 usd a day, and they had me hanging around for about 21 days.....all for about a minute in the film....

Here's Gypsy is wearing a yellow jump suit fighting ninjas. :biggrin:

Bionic Ninja Clip

Full movie.

BIONIC NINJA - 1985

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Bloodsport was badass! Master of the flying guietine will always be my pick for the best! The one arm boxer!

Seconding zatoichi blind swordsman. Also 5 deadly venoms and the whole shogun assassin series are great. The once upon a time in China series with jet li is cool. The raid is an awesome newer movie too.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Seconding zatoichi blind swordsman. Also 5 deadly venoms and the whole shogun assassin series are great. The once upon a time in China series with jet li is cool. The raid is an awesome newer movie too.

I was just going to post Zatoichi. That was my name on another site. When I had money, I collected Paul Chen swords, and have a hand folded Zatoichi cane sword. I loved the whole Aido thing, with the backhanded grip, and sword was only out for a split second.

Gry

Lived on a hill over looking the Shaw Bros studio from 67 to 71. Real neat and always busy.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Man, I'm the king fu movie freak, not many I haven't seen

Do you know of Alexander Fu Sheng. He played obnoxious comical roles. Have not seen those movies since the 1990's.

mack 10

Veteran
Do you know of Alexander Fu Sheng. He played obnoxious comical roles. Have not seen those movies since the 1990's.

Yeah he's cool, has some questionable outfits though.. He's in quite a few classics like,the brave Archer,etc.

St. Phatty

Lateef Crowder vs. some Muay Thai guy.

Lateef outweighs his opponent by a lot ... but he is doing the "walk on your hands, kick with your feet" version of Capoeira.

So he gets beat. It's a movie !

Still very impressive.

Latest posts

Latest posts