What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bag seed in with good strain

STOKED

picture.php

STOKED

Sorry for the bad photos.
Now I know how I will take more tomorrow.
Maybe it is too early to tell sex?
Any help identifying would be fantastic- thanks

STOKED

Also - four of my clones lent over (stems weak and bent) maybe not enough airflow? Too wet?

I just made a small bubble cloner I’ll try this next time.

Thanks again for the help

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for the bad photos.
Now I know how I will take more tomorrow.
Maybe it is too early to tell sex?
Any help identifying would be fantastic- thanks

It appears it's too early to tell. Being into autos, they should remain at 16/8, or 18/6 throughout. Lowering to 12/12 lighting will greatly reduce yield. Any way you can have the autos elsewhere while your photos are @ 12/12?

STOKED

It appears it's too early to tell. Being into autos, they should remain at 16/8, or 18/6 throughout. Lowering to 12/12 lighting will greatly reduce yield. Any way you can have the autos elsewhere while your photos are @ 12/12?

Thank you that helps, I’ll take another photo tonight as I think I saw a little white hair.

I have my autos on 20/4 they are looking great at day 39 with them.

The photobagseed I’ve been putting in with the autos for 12 hours then pull them out into the dark tent for 12hrs it’s been about a week since I started doing this.
A bit of hassle but saves me running another light in the other tent.

Those pics on page 2 appear to be male preflowers to my eye. Does the small blade sticking up separate from the preflower leaving a short ball? If so it's male and by the size of the preflowers it if it was female there'd be two little white hairs by now. No harm waiting to see for sure good luck man

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you that helps, I’ll take another photo tonight as I think I saw a little white hair.

I have my autos on 20/4 they are looking great at day 39 with them.

The photobagseed I’ve been putting in with the autos for 12 hours then pull them out into the dark tent for 12hrs it’s been about a week since I started doing this.
A bit of hassle but saves me running another light in the other tent.

Probably keep it at 20/4 or 18/6 until autos are done....you can top/ lollipop, train your photos while you're finishing the autos.

STOKED

Thinking it’s male but I keep thinking I can see hairs starting. Appreciate anyone letting me know for sure thanks

The 12+yrs of training that my eyes have say it's a dude but like arid and I said there's no harm in waiting to see. The led light makes it a little hard to see maybe try to use a warm white or preferably daylight cfls to illuminate the pics if you can. Even if my hunch is right if it's a good strain you could harvest it's pollen to cross with another strain later on it always helps to have the most genetics that you can. If you do make sure to look up how to properly harvest and store the pollen. Good luck stoked

That's a male, my friend. You could pollinate one branch of that photoperiod cross with some bagseed pollen. You never know when you will need some seeds and waiting for the mail is the worst feeling ever when you have empty space in your garden, but I wouldn't make seeds with it unless the flower you got it from was really good.

This one may have been a male, but don't underestimate the power of bagseed. I got a picture here from 2.5 weeks ago of a seed I found in my Pineapple Chunk bud. I wasn't (and still am not) super impressed by the Pineapple Chunk (or any of Barney's Farm's gear for that matter), but I'm certain it got pollinated by my Biker Kush, and the result is sweet. Its got the Biker Kush terps without the classic OGK lanky-ness that requires supports.

20180403_234037.jpg
20180403_234105.jpg

In any case, don't worry too much about it. This is your first grow, so enjoy the magical experience that is growing. Some people get upset when they have a male, but that's life when you grow dioecious plants. Good luck, mang, and keep your eyes open for nanners. Those ARE something to be upset about LOL

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Although it might be male....don't do anything until there's actually bananas/balls.

That's a male, my friend. You could pollinate one branch of that photoperiod cross with some bagseed pollen. You never know when you will need some seeds and waiting for the mail is the worst feeling ever when you have empty space in your garden, but I wouldn't make seeds with it unless the flower you got it from was really good.

This one may have been a male, but don't underestimate the power of bagseed. I got a picture here from 2.5 weeks ago of a seed I found in my Pineapple Chunk bud. I wasn't (and still am not) super impressed by the Pineapple Chunk (or any of Barney's Farm's gear for that matter), but I'm certain it got pollinated by my Biker Kush, and the result is sweet. Its got the Biker Kush terps without the classic OGK lanky-ness that requires supports.

View attachment 453206
View attachment 453205

In any case, don't worry too much about it. This is your first grow, so enjoy the magical experience that is growing. Some people get upset when they have a male, but that's life when you grow dioecious plants. Good luck, mang, and keep your eyes open for nanners. Those ARE something to be upset about LOL
I totally agree my first grow was some super dank bag seed I'd kill to still have it's genetics. It appears to be a dude to me too but without a clearer light can't tell for sure but I'm 90%+ certain.

But like arid said no harm waiting till it starts producing nanners to know for sure.

STOKED

Thanks everyone, great advice. I nearly ripped it last night but swear I was seeing hairs, I’ll give it another night or two.

Really big thanks for taking a look for me.

Can I follow up by asking when/how long till nanas turn up? My big worry is I will miss one or not be sure what it is etc and it pollinates my other tent. Sorry about the light, it’s a stealth grow and I can’t get white light in there for a better photo.

May I also ask for help regarding my planning?

I have two auto in the last month.
And one c99xblueberry fast getting large have been veging for over a month.

My plan was to take clones from this and grow four on my next run. The clones didn’t work so I’m not sure what to do now.

Should I plant more seeds to make up for failed clones? And flip the mother to 12/12

Should I try new clones then flip it? (Worry here is I will lose yield if I keep cutting and wrecking clones?

(I have been given a turbo cloner so will try this next time)

I really just need to get out of DANKRUPTCY as fast as possible so trying to get a second grow ready to follow the autos.

I have more auto I can plant which I think will be the fastest to finish.

I hope all that makes sense

If you're having trouble with cloning I'd just start some new seeds for the next grow and let the current ladies flower out. The nanners take a little while to develop before they start releasing pollen and should be obvious before then. But depending on how hard it is for you to get seeds you may want to let them breed so you can have it's genetics. Try to maintain a large seed stock so that you can keep going on in case cloning doesn't work out for you. You can still get a fair amount of bud from a pollinated plant as long as the male doesn't complete explode all over the place before you yank him out. A little bit of suffering in the short term can save you from having to suffer even more in the long run. Broad mites taught me that lesson very well lol

I've never figured out how or have needed to post pics but if you go to Google images you can find pics of male and female preflowers. Just type "cannabis preflowers" you can even see pics of fully formed male/female flowers for reference. If you want to make some seeds let a few nanners open up and do their business then chop it. If not still wait till you're certain it's a male it'd suck to chop some ladies down. I had to early this year when I had a few carpeted with broads mites. It literally brought tears to my eyes

Thanks everyone, great advice. I nearly ripped it last night but swear I was seeing hairs, I’ll give it another night or two.

Hey dude, no need to cull him so soon. At least let it go long enough so you know what a male looks like. Its not like they're ninjas that will surprise attack you lol you got plenty of time to cull it before those sacs burst.

Next time you get a pack of seeds, get some regs, cordon off the males, collect all their pollen, mix it together and pollenate a few of your best females from that pack (preferably clones). Those are called f2's and they're a lifesaver if you somehow run out of genetics to run. I mostly run clones (or try to) but I always keep a stash of labeled seeds just in case. Shit, ask Hermes. You never know when calamity will strike.

Hermes, man that sucks. I have nightmares about that kind of thing happening. I spray pepper spray around the doorjamb of my grow every day and burn cinnamon candles to keep the pests at bay. I've never had a pest problem and I hope to keep it that way. I'm not trying to give you advice - you have way more experience than me - just saying that's how paranoid I am about those cursed creepy crawlies. The only thing I'm more afraid of than bugs is losing a crop. :cry: