What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would ya just look at that.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
350 ppm is pretty low. That's why they aren't super rich in color and more on the pale yellow side of things.. I would get it up to 600 and see how it looks. She should response ASAP. Seems a slight bit starved for nutes just reading the plants coloring. I run GH Flora Duo in my DWC's, which is similar to the stuff you have and I'm running 1100 right now so the metric is pretty large.

EDIT: I should clarify .5 scale and also that I'm using some other stuff in my mixture to reach that ppm (Silica, Rapid Start, Floralicious Plus, Cal Mag. Mammoth P). So not just 1100 ppms of Flora Duo flat out! So you should be able to get up a little higher with your nute mix.

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your root ball looks very nice, especially full at the net pot :biggrin:

Assuming you have ample air stones, running the water line at~ 1/2 way up the net pot is a good idea as you are feeding a lot of anchoring roots

In many DWCs I've seen pictured, a large/massive root ball is hanging by a few roots. How are the few supposed to transfer the food of the many?

The plant looks fine from the picture. New leafs appear light green

Here's a baby roots from seed using lpa + hpa mist heads on a deep cycle timer. Once the roots are long enough I transfer to my DIY F &
D

View attachment 452704

Defoliated big fans at 14 days and this picture was taken just after I pulled all tops down with wire. Plant is almost 3 feet wide and same height after pull down. Suffered some low ph issues which manifested in a little root damage and the top leaves got all crinkled up, but the bud sites are tight and many. Roots are recovering now and lower leaves are not crumpled.

20180502_211131_720x1280.jpg

20180502_211320_720x1047.jpg

green404

Nice recovery from the early stages.

PH can be hard to control in a single bucket, much easier when you have a res.

Moved it into my 4x4 tent and used wire to spread the branches out from the bottom so I can still lift the plant out of the bucket. Not the healthiest looking plant, but Im learning a lot. Trying to keep it around 500ppm since I dont have any particular feeding schedule. Wish the roots looked better. Do you guys experience massive root growth in veg and very little at all in bud? Ph drifts down after plant uses nutrients.

20180509_002351_1280x720.jpg

20180509_184303_1280x720.jpg

Update Day 45: Put the dwc in my 5x5 bud tent so I can veg in my 4x4. The plant had such massive growth that Ive done two heavy leaf strips and taken some popcorn off on the inside of the plant. Fed a heavy molases dose and noticed brown spotting on the biggest fan leaves. I rotted some roots off in bud stunting this plant, but it will still produce something and Its getting me into hydro. The growth rates are astounding.

Below left is the fem gg4 DWC and below right is a soil plant unknown strain I put into bud same day. The soil plant has buds twice as large, but has suffered almost zero stunting except for the slight bit of yellowing and small buds on the back side of the plant from when I lifted the pot by the stalk and felt the roots snap.

20180518_121604_1280x720.jpg

20180518_121630_720x1280.jpg

Last edited:
Took the plant out of the bucket and hung the whole thing upsidedown. I think I'll leave it like that until the roots dry and then I'll hang the branches. The canopy is covered in bud sites. Medium density, but super stoney. I really like the high. Im guessing maybe 3 to 4 oz dry... we'll see... Yesturday marks day 80. In bud I had to defoliate 3x to keep the leaves from covering lower bud sites. The GG4 also suffered at least 2 dropiing of roots during bud due to low ph. I tried to keep the tent below 75 but often it was 81 and a few times 85; meaning water temp affected roots, this affecting final weight. No CO2, just a couple 6 inch fans with carbon filters bringing outside air. No pest problems in bud tent with any plant.

I have a Dinafem GG4 autoflower going in my single DWC next. They just dont do Autos like the Spanish do, really good genetics.

For my first real DWC Since my last one snapped in half in veg I am happy I got to the end with some quality smoke. I can only imagine the results had everything gone off with no problems, would have been heavy.

I used some Fox Farm veg fert in conjunction with Emerald harvest Pk booster and resin enhancer; never more than 500ppm. Tried tp keep ph at 5 to 6.5 but measured 4.5 a few times before I corrected the ph. 2 week flush.

Roots
20180612_113143_720x1280.jpg

20180612_224303_838x720.jpg

Side. Im smiling you just cant see me.
20180612_224934_720x564.jpg

Last edited:
New batch

New batch

Started a new DWC run. Started with 12 now down to 9.

Strained some Perilite to .25 inch plus so it would not go through net pot. Perlite allows me to start lots of plants in one or two buckets and when the roots start popping out the net I transplant into hydrotron.

20180927-103630-720x1280.jpg

This was a week ago. RH has been 40 to 60% and temp is 60 to 77. Lights on 24/7.

20181003-162425-1280x720.jpg

And here is today. Running General Hydroponics @ equal parts 1.1.1 Veg Micro Bloom 150 to 200ppm under 600watts Metal Halide. Water level just under rockwool cubes. PH 5.5 to 6.5

20181015-122526-1280x720.jpg

7 days later...

20181106-114801-720x1280.jpg

20181106-120417-720x1280.jpg

Critical Cheese auto; 2 types of Northern Lights auto; CBD Cure fem; Purple Haze fem; and Blue Cheese auto.

Other strains in rockwool waiting on buckets... 2 White Russian fem; White Widow fem; and Obiwan Kush fem. Mothers...in soil to clone for DWC... Cheese fem; GG4 fem; and AK47 fem.

Hydro8

Nice, pulling up a chair.

Cheese, AK47 and NL on on my list to grow next. I look forward to seeing them in action.

4 days later

20181110-021516-1280x720.jpg

5 of them have big root balls forming now. 1 of them is struggling to get roots going. 500ppm 5.5 to 6.5 ph. Calmag and 1.1.1 ratio GH nutes... as nutes are used ph goes down so every once in a while i gotta ph up a bit. Got ladybugs coming for pest prevention. Broke off 2 branches off one plant and two fans off another turning the LST session into High Stress Training. So far so good.

Power

Power

This is powering our house and the 600watt Metal Halide +fan +2 air pumps. Have to turn microwave power level on microwave to half so it will not overload the generator. Genny powers grow 24/7. I think the girls are 4 to 5 weeks old from the time they went on the bubble buckets. Cost for fuel so far is around $800.

20181030-140010-720x1280.jpg

LadyBugs

LadyBugs

This is why I ordered lady 1500 ladybugs off amazon. I tried folliar spraying neem twice and whole milk diluted and it didnt seem to do much. These little fockers are .5 to 1mm at the very longest and about .25 mm in width. If they see me coming to kill them the bug will jump off the plant onto paper plate below where he meets his dimise. To me it looks like a snow flea/spring tail ; but just a guess. They range in color from almost transluscent pale tan to brown. They have these long hairs that go the full length of its body and if you dont look close they are easily mistaken for wings. Pretty sure they are coming from the mothers that I just took clones from and threw in the bud tent. They hide on the underside of the leaf and next to where the branch comes out of the main stalk. They move fairly fast for their size. To me some of them are smarter than others and better at evading me.

Soon the snow thawed will be my RO water. Did a test it was only 30ppm.

Any ideas on what bug this is? Other than this bug I have no problems. Magnification 50x.

Screenshot-20181111-114551-540x960.png

The carnivores are eating mite meat; and I have Diatamateous Earth coming to top dress the dirt plants to make sure anything coming to the surface will get cut to bits by razor sharp ground up fossils. I have too much riding on this grow to leave anything to chance.

Im trying to phase out of soil completely, because now I know the massive growth rates and clean environment with DWC. I may switch over to coco for turning my clones into mothers to keep these good genetics around.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Looks alot more like an adult thrips, then a springtail, earlyer stages of the two can look a like.

But id go with Thrips, there are 1200 species of thrips, in different size and color. Some do more harm then others!

kisspng-insect-thrips-pest-mite-aphid-5b226e25d3aa47.075878161528983077867.png