What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CPS TR21 users get in here!!

fcjohnny

Is there any way to test my TR21 to see if its working properly. I have a brand new one and mine isn't able to pull my mkiii down to -10 or -22 during washes or dump. When I attempt to pull the system down to vac at the end my system won't stay at -30hg...

Pangea

Veteran
fcjohnny, is your setup able to hold -30 vac at the start(with a vac pump not the tr21)?

flatslabs

I understand the way you use the car/clutch in this analogy... But what valve is called the vent valve? The dump valve is the ball valve under the tube, before the collection vessel?

I can't answer your BHOGart specific questions, but the vent valve is what is connected to the vent hose on the top of the column. I don't think you have one because your system isn't setup for bi-directional flooding. The dump valve is the ball valve under the material tube, that is correct.

And also to your other post, I have also never had a drop of oil that I have seen on the bottom of my lid. However, I have seen oil in my recovery ball valve flare before I got the hang of things. Also, make sure you keep your pumps elevated if you aren't doing that.

Pangea

Veteran
If its able to hold that vac and not leak before hand, the next likely cause is having butane in your system. Perhaps your column is froze up and holding liquid tane? How long are you recovering for?

LrgBudz

So if i have no valve under material column throttle the dump valve that is the hose to the top of the material column when washing? Also when i recover i dont want to just close the dump valve i want to throttle it aswell then fully off to recover? Also if i dont have the mt69 chiller is that super bad? I did not like the copper tubing inside so i did not get it. Im running a bhogart 2lb unit with the tr21 using the yellow jacket manifold thanks for any help

flatslabs

So if i have no valve under material column throttle the dump valve that is the hose to the top of the material column when washing? Also when i recover i dont want to just close the dump valve i want to throttle it aswell then fully off to recover?

Probably a question better suited to the BHOGart thread. You don't have a liquid vent valve on a Bhogart as you are doing a top flood only.

Also if i dont have the mt69 chiller is that super bad? I did not like the copper tubing inside so i did not get it

Check out the IC69 Thread for stainless alternative

fcjohnny

If its able to hold that vac and not leak before hand, the next likely cause is having butane in your system. Perhaps your column is froze up and holding liquid tane? How long are you recovering for?

When I do the dump cycle the column does frost over. I believe it takes around maybe 10 mins for it to ATTEMPT to pull down to -10.

I'm going to borrow a gopro and record myself doing an run. Hopefully if ya'll can see what I'm doing maybe ya'll might notice something wrong or something....

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Is there any way to test my TR21 to see if its working properly. I have a brand new one and mine isn't able to pull my mkiii down to -10 or -22 during washes or dump. When I attempt to pull the system down to vac at the end my system won't stay at -30hg...

..your tr21 will/should pull your loop down to whatever your starting vac that you pulled with your vac pump was..im guessing if you pull to -30 you are at sea level.. do you not leave a bit of solvent in your loop at the end of a run ie.. not pull to full vac ..and do have an mt69 .. ?

if so where in your loop is it ?

.. ..that one variable changes everything significantly....

Last edited:

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
So if i have no valve under material column throttle the dump valve that is the hose to the top of the material column when washing? Also when i recover i dont want to just close the dump valve i want to throttle it aswell then fully off to recover? Also if i dont have the mt69 chiller is that super bad? I did not like the copper tubing inside so i did not get it. Im running a bhogart 2lb unit with the tr21 using the yellow jacket manifold thanks for any help

..without that mt69 you're running hot tane through your column while showering once recycling is in effect ..it also seems to speed up recovery phenomenoly ..i've never been able to find a single speck of tarnish on interior copper or brass ..only on the exteriors where salt/water make contact... i've not recieved any wierd reisduals in labarortory testing either... once had the state sneak and pull oil samples and run them through some giant mass spectrometer to test for anything that could 'distress' a patient ..the list of things they tested for was like 40 pages long ..thousands amd thousands of compoments and chemicals.. cuz a stupid patient got to high and complained to the department of health that the medicine 'distressed' them ..lol

..needlless to say results came back totally clean ..we use a blend of research grade n-tane and research propane ..easy to fully purge.

..the mt69 is necessary to running the tr21 properly ..imo

..i am slowiny swapping parts for stainless though ..just makes sense

Last edited:

fcjohnny

..your tr21 will/should pull your loop down to whatever your starting vac that you pulled with your vac pump was..im guessing if you pull to -30 you are at see level.. do you not leave a bit of solvent in your loop at the end of a run ie.. not pull to full vac ..and do have an mt69 .. ?

if so where in your loop is it ?

.. ..that one variable changes everything significantly....

I have a MT69. Recovery Pump -> MT69-> Solvent Tank.

At the end of the run there is still butane in the lines if that is what your asking..

Chonkski

Welp, I just ordered my first TR-21..

Does it pull down to -22"HG? Or would you pull to -10" and shut off the pump till pressure rises again..?

Pangea

Veteran
FCJohnny, do you run heat on your collection pot/spool? Is there butane in your material column after disassembly?

TR-21 users, what is the temp at top of your units where the hot surface warning is?

I am running between 90 - 100 degrees F, with a custom cooler.

A6 Grower

Veteran
I just saw a pic of a trs21 with the bottom blown off from 6 months of use...... i haven't used or see the inside of a tr21 so I don't know the design of the internals but it's seems dangerous.

JColtrane

yes, I have seen steez's machine online too. He's been running the shit out of it with a sub zero .... so????

Anyways just that much more reason for having a few machines, and rotate them out to change seals or clean. Obviously the haskle is the right option, anything else is just leading us down the same path.

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
I have a MT69. Recovery Pump -> MT69-> Solvent Tank.

At the end of the run there is still butane in the lines if that is what your asking..

if it's in between your manifold>tank ...try running your mt69 after your tr21 ..before your manifold ....

...i run with both the spool/column and the solvent tank on a scale ..kinda helped everything make sense to me...

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
FCJohnny, do you run heat on your collection pot/spool? Is there butane in your material column after disassembly?

TR-21 users, what is the temp at top of your units where the hot surface warning is?

I am running between 90 - 100 degrees F, with a custom cooler.

..what is the custom cooler..? ..i just use a fan at the vents/heat sink and it runs about 112F

I just saw a pic of a trs21 with the bottom blown off from 6 months of use...... i haven't used or see the inside of a tr21 so I don't know the design of the internals but it's seems dangerous.

Interesting, It seems like he was pumping liquid butane without a filter drier when that happened. Has the trs-21 even been out that long? Doesn't steez also work for mr. Extractor now....