What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me pick a pump for my dripper set up

Breezy420

I was wondering if anyone could help me pick out a pump for my dripper setup. I play on running 4 dutch leech trays with 20 sites. I was wondering if anyone has a pump in mind for this setup. Also which drippers do you all reccomend??

Breezy

jimjay

I used a eco 264 for 18 plants. The table is probably 3 ft high(height must be taken intto account). I think mag drives are better though and if you go w/ those a 250 should serve you well.

jimjay

Should be. If you are buying from a hydro store most will let you return if it doesn't work out for you. Just make sure you run straight water and no nutes and then let it dry before returning and they wont care.
W/ my 18 site the 264 seemed to just barely do it but the mags being much nicer i would think the 250 could handle the 20 sites just fine. :joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
just make sure you buy the correct pump for the drip setup you plan to use. ideally get both of the same supplier.

Breezy420

Was hoping this thread would get more attention. There isnt a hydro shop within 100 miles of me, so I'd like to try to get the correct pump on the first go at it and not have to make the long trip twice.

mtnjohn

Veteran
hey breezy...sup bro

i dont know much about dripp systems but here is a link to some of the best prices for pumps of all kinds.....check it out

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings.categories/ssid/332

i hope this might help you...i have ordered from them(not pumps tho) and they are a standup company

good luck with your project

and btw....you should have them send you a catalog....all kinds of good stuff

mj

Last edited:

Breezy420

Thanks for the link mtnjohn I'll be sure to get a catalog from them. Gona check out their pump selection now :)

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
i'm also interested in a simple dripper setup.. do they just sell kits with everything you need to get it running or do i have to map out all the individual pumps, lines, etc. and get them individual?

seems like someone would have easy compatible kits..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the thing is without knowing exactly which drippers you are talking about, one can't know what kind of a pump is needed. some drippers are high pressure and others are low, some run fast some run slow, some have a valve and require 4 bar of pressure to operate, while other kinds can be run with a simple pond pump if there are not too many drip lines.

normally speaking the site or shop that sells you the drippers should be able to sell you a compatible pump a one way valve and a good quality particle filter, as well as all the pieces to connect it all together and run the main line down the middle of your space with an end cap to end the water line. you can tell them you have a green house with so and so many tomato plants which you want to drip feed. if you look at my "searching for that winner sour diesel" thread you will see a small drip setup, that's one way. but there are cheaper ways too. research this section and you will find that the subject of drip set ups has been discussed a lot. always start with the sticky threads, as most questions have been answered in those threads.

peace :wave:

G

Cheap Mag Drives

I order my pumps from here =] Good prices eh?

I recommend not using drippers at all.. 1/4 tubing works fine by itself..

Last edited:

Breezy420

Awesome guys I appreciate all the info. I'll be heading down to my hydro shop sometime next week to pick everything up. I only wish my hydro shoped carred canna coco slabs. It doesn't look like anyone in my area has them, so I'm going to have to mail order them and hopefully not get raped to hard on the shipping.

Again thanks everyone for all the information. The websites listed for the pumps are almost 40% less than my hydro shop charges for their magdrives so I'll be putting them to use for sure!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah thats a cheaper solution, the 1/4 tubing works fine by itself. as long as you don't have too many plants otherwise i imagine it will require a very big pump. the 1/4 tubbing will never get blocked, nor will it need high powered pumps to run it, neither an expensive particle filter. you are just limited to about 15 to 20 plants i would think, because after that the power needed will no longer make it the better option. the other thing to think about is that the 1/4 tubbing will allow quite a lot of water to come out at once, so your pots better not be full with medium, otherwise the water will spill. same with slabs and cubes, such a stream of water might end up spilling quite some water down the side of the slabs each time it runs, unless you make some kind of spike to help the water penetrate the rw. still it's all doable, like Indica Sativa has said in another thread, spend some time in the irrigation department of a big do it yourself store, it will be inspirational, lol.

dusto2k3

gaiusmarius said:
spend some time in the irrigation department of a big do it yourself store, it will be inspirational, lol.

LoL, i just put together my drip system. 2 maverick 12 port hubs powered by a pro pump 500. It works sweet.