What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quick help on preparing coco for seedlings, please!

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
OK :D

Looks greener in the picture! Will add a bit of pH down though in the beginning. I assume that when I'm using ferts, the pH will come down a bit (more acidic)? Will be going ahead with the GH Flora.

I just germinated some seeds:

1 x The Church fem'd
1 x White Rhino fem'd
1 x Cinnamon fem'd
1 x Master Kush
2 x B-52
4 x Jack Herer

Should have somesprouts in 2.5 - 3 days, ooh I can't wait.

Thanks for all your help thus far, BC.

Peace :wave:

B

bonecarver_OG

i recomend looking at the liqiud of the ph test in light of a normal incandescent light bulb :D

the ph should drop with the nutes - do check it again after u have aded ur nutrients - and then adjust it a bit if necesary :D

peace :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i was just about to say that those color ph tests can be deceiving if done under hps or mh lamps. always compare the colors under sun light if you can. :wave:

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
gaiusmarius said:
i was just about to say that those color ph tests can be deceiving if done under hps or mh lamps. always compare the colors under sun light if you can. :wave:

Cool I did check it in the sun yesterday. Will get some pics in the sun today if needs be.

The coco + perlite mix has been sitting in 'soil' bags under light now for about 18 hours. I will take some more pH tests today from various bags.

Cheers :yes: