What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question about taste and quality, coco VS soil

G

i see no reason why the taste would differ by swapping out peat for coir

SoaringHi

I haven't harvested/sampled my coco crop yet, but word is that the buds taste very good when grown in coco. My guess is because your nutes aren't locked up in the coco like they can be in soil. A 5 day flush in coco should have you toking on the pure, unadulterated product.

darthvapor

i was wondering more about the beneficial microbes and all the soil activity that gives soil grown organic pot that special taste and smell. do those same bacteria and microbes excist in coco?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes coco is full of beneficial bacteria. they thrive in coco just like in earth. the coco is very much alive, in fact it's like a grow partner, all you do is keep it (the coco)fed with A+B and the coco will make sure the plants always have what they need no mater what stage of the grow they are in.

the important thing is to make sure that your coco is empty of N, with a low ec for at least 3 days, before harvest. in which time the plant will use up her reserves. it's a big plus for the taste, properly flushed it's not easy to tell if its earth or coco grown, except from the size of the coco grown bud maybe, lol.

darthvapor

wow great thanks. I will try a cocco grow this summer. Ive read that canna is the best nutes to go with if your doing cocco organic so I will give both a run this summer. This site is great for this kind of thing...sharing info from the wise to the inexperienced

Latest posts

Latest posts