What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali needs water/feed recommendation

Caligrown

OK so, These are clones. They have been in solo cups under flouros for about 10 days. I transplanted to 2 gallon mesh bottom pots with 50% coir dust and 50% chunky Perlite yesterday. They were all well rooted. I had to keep them pretty dry to get them to catch new roots in the cups otherwise I found that I was drowning the root system.

They started out with just le RhizoToniks and then after a bit I added in .8 EC of Canna coco A+B.
I am currently running tap water in my resi at approx. 70ppm (.5 conversion) + 1tsp Cal-Mag/Gallon (approx 250ppm) + Superthrive (recommended dose) + Canna coco A+B (approx 250ppm)

The Cal-Mag is just to season the coco but as I write this I am thinking that the B-Cuzz coir dust is already buffered huh? I should probably freshen up the resi without the Cal-mag today.

I just transplanted so I figure I should not overwater the coir dust until the girls catch roots in their new pots. Right? Maybe once every 2 days?

Temps = 65f-70f night/ 77f-82f day.
Humidity = 65%-70% day/ 70-75 night.
PH = 5.8

Here is table 1 with cuts from the Black Diamond mother.

Here is table 2 with cuts from 4 different strains that the dude I got them from didn't label :noway:

and a pic of the setup with the lights hopefully a safe distance to start

Finally a couple of shots of yellowing/chlorosis. This is happening to all my plants including my moms when I bring them in from the flouro veg area. Are they just hungry?

Peace and love - Cali

Last edited:

Caligrown

VT? Bone? Gauis? Ono? Mo Budz? Mojo? etc?

VT? Bone? Gauis? Ono? Mo Budz? Mojo? etc?

Update: Freshened up the resi on Friday with just tap and Canna A+B at 680ppm(1.36 EC) PH 5.9
Plants are growing moderately but no improvement in the yellowing. Watering daily for 6mins.

Help a brotha out coco crew?

:badday: -Cali

Last edited:

Dalton

Hey what's up Cali, awesome growroom you got going there.
I think the problem might be that you are underfeeding. I know all strains are different and I only have experience with one, But when I'm at that point in veg, I'm at 650-700
ppm@.5 with just my base nutes. I would ditch the calmag and try bringing up the base nute. Good Luck

Caligrown

Thanks "D"

I just did exactly that on Friday so I'll keep posting as I hopefully make some progress.

BTW D, LOVING the coco bed you got goin. over there in Sri Lanka :wink:

Peace - Cali

G

How's it hangin Cali, nice setup, dude. Wassup, Dalton. Man when I put my seedlings in the three gallon containers, after they took hold (bout a week) I went balls to the wall on watering. Watered to runoff from day one. Yours being clones, their roots are probably way ahead of what mine were at that age so I wouldn't fuck around with holding back. I'd water to runoff and not worry about it. My nutes and tap water were at about .8 ec but my tap water is high at about .22 to begin with. If you'll remember from my thread I had some issues with salt burn till I started going 50/50 tap/ro water. I've since started using the water from my dehumidifier and it appears I getting back everything that evaporates, lol. It's got an ec of 0.02 so I'm hitting it with 5mL of Cal-Mag+ and then mixing in my nutes. Seems to be working ok for me. I need the Cal-Mag since I'm using water that doesn't have any trace minerals in it. But you don't need it if you're using tap water. It's already got some Ca in it so really you could OD the plants on minerals I would think.

Hey man, your plants look normal to me. The new growth is supposed to be a yellowish color as it comes out. Takes it a while to manufacture the chlorophyll. Unless I'm missing what your talking about, I'd just keep easing up the nutes a couple of waterings at a go and see what the leaves do.

Peace bro

Last edited:

Ono Nadagin

Morning Cali... sorry I missed your question yesterday... I have been busy in the yard for a couple of weeks now.

Are your using RO water?... if not I would ditch the calmag also... even tho they are not showing lock out due to the xtra calmag.

As has been mentioned they look healthy to me... if they a fair bit of roots swtich em to the full strength you feed the mother of the clones + the superthrive and rooting compound.... if your woriied about it just feed it to one and see how it reacts but I think they will just take off.....
As far as the yellowing is concerned I generally dont worry about yelowing on clones as they yellow as they use the N from the clone to establish a root system and I have always thought the new growthon my clones always comes in a little yellow and then green up a bit... also if you have it dd some liquid Karma(LK) that will help keep them healthy as well as dark green .....

While rooting I mist my clones with just PH;d water , superthrive and LK... when they show roots some new growth I whack em with the full strength nutes I use on their mother... which is generally in the 700-1000ppm range

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sorry man, i've been really distracted recently. didn't catch all those new threads in the coco section yet.

i totally get your idea of not giving too much water to start with, but you do have to soak the medium fully a least once when you plant them. like mojo said, don't worry about the amount of water you give. it's only worth waiting with water for the first few days. very quickly it becomes problematic when one is sparing with the water. in fact it's only once my drippers are hooked up and my cubes are planted on the slabs that i really start to count the days, because from the moment those little darlings are drip fed, they commence to rock and roll so to speak. with seedlings i hook them up to the drip feed as soon as they have their first set of 3 fingered leaves.

anyway, sorry to be so late answering.