What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bubbler clones in coco coir

johnny5

Hi everyone.

I have got some skunk no. 1 cuttings in a bubbler cloner which were intended to go into bubblers but I have decided to use coco coir.

My question is are the clones fine to be planted straight into 10 litre pot and kept in that pot till the end of flowering I am hope to get 2-3 oz a plant so will need some veg time. How long approx should the roots be before planting into the coco?

Any advice welcome as this is my first coco grow, I am really looking forward to it after seeing some of the results people have been getting here...

Cheers J

G

gdawg

hey there friend. i'm no expert but ido use bubble cloners and i place rooted clones into 32 oz. styrofoam cups, put under floros 2 weeks, then 1 week under halide and they're ready for the big show. the day i put em in 12/12 i transplant to 2 gall bags. straight coco and perlite. they will get out of hand quick on ya with this coco, growth is unreal i just had to move some out they got so tall on me. anyway good luck on the show i think you will be impressed with the stuff.

G

I like to take my rooted clones out of the bubbler as soon as the roots look fairly strong...an=bout 2" or 3". If you let them get too long they will be hard to get into your coco without breaking them. Just don't do it too soon I find.

I find it's best to put them from the bubbler into a container no bigger than a 1/2G. Smaller preferred...but to each their own. Then transfer into the container they will flower in, about a week beofore they are due to hit 12/12. I like to let the roots get comfortable in the new container before switching to 12/12.

Works for me...mileage may vary.

Cheers,
SH

JITAMON

aloha!

aloha!

HI GUYS i like the ideas im going to transplant to small 4-6" pot,then on to the table to 3 gallon squares on drip rings and stakes.all coco baby! i too like smaller to larger sequence it seems to work better than just slamming a clone straight from the bubbler into the big buckets.good luck!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
suburbanhomeboy is right, transplant to a small pot first and when it's well rooted then go to a bigger pot. remember not to veg too long if you don't have too much vertical space, plants in coco tend to stretch like mad.