What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need help with coco coir outdoors?

HashCat

Im getting preped. for my 1st outdoor gro.I want to use coco coir blocks because these seem easy to transport out to my site.Im going to dig 5gal holes to gro in.What should i add to amend the coco?I would like to go organic but i need low maintance to be top prioraty.Guano would be my 1st choice.Please any input would help me greatly!Remember its my first outdoor gro,but i have 10years exp.indoors to work with :wink:

peace,HC

Ono Nadagin

Unless you can water it daily or at least every other day I would use the coco as more of an amendment and a normal organic potting soul or your own mix of organics and soil...... just mix in the coco at 30-40 % max... mixed in well....

A full coco outdoor will have to be watered daily if not several times daily when large

If you have not yet give the outdoor growers thread and the organic thread a read

And good luck man outdoor plants just shine in a way indoor plants never do...

G

gdawg

good advice, unless you plan on living with them, even then it would be tough. ono i am thinkin of tryin the same mix you described, except in a baby pool with gravity fed drippers or a soaker hose from a rez.... :wave:

HashCat

so a mix of 70% ocean forest and 30% coco is idea..would it be wise to add 10%-20%of the dirt i dig up from my holes in the mix? im not looking forward to hauling 20+bags of soil to my plot,expec.at 15$ a bag!

Ono Nadagin

if you want to use bagged soil you can... if you have that many holes/plants you might just want to all the dirt you dig up if it isnt clay soil... just admend it

HashCat

is it best to put guano in the soil or on top?..ill just use guano ant the dirt i dig up..

thanks for all the help!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
mix it in, add some 20% coco too, to help with air retention. as you can't really mix perlit in to soil outdoors, lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts