What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Grow, 400w Coco

783Blaster1

Hello Everyone :wave:

I have been lurking around ic for about 2 years now and finally decided it was time to get off my ass and post some pictures of my first grow from about 7 months ago. The room has been unused currently due to some minor issues but has just been resetup ready for my second grow with 4 plants and other minor changes.

The room and specs are:
850 x 850 x 1400 in a shower
400W HPS light
20L recirculating Rez containing
Water pump for the drippers
Air pump - for rez
Water pump with twin outlets at either corner to circulate the water in the rez
constant Ph meter.

for the ventilation i am using a 240L/ps vortex inline fan through a can carbon filter in the roof
2 x 80L/ps fans for intake and circulation
with all this air movement the temperature rarly saw above 30c and on a very hot day hit 33.

The nutrients i used was the dutchmaster range including the folar sprays, these nutrients were not ideal for the coco but it was what i had when i was originally planning to do hydro.

The plant was grown in canna coco with no other additives - perlite etc
apart from a 2cm layer of rocks in the bottom of the bucket

The plant was veged for 4 days then flipped to flower, altho i had the room to veg the plant out a bit more i wanted to set a benchmark for growth rate / stretch and generally dialing the room in before doing a 4 plant grow which is how it is setup now.

This plant was slightly lst just to keep it low, altho there were many problems along the way, light timers failing, watering schedule, going away for 10 days.
The plant yielded overall 4.3 ounces of dried and cured bud which was shared around for all and was far better than anything you could purchase around here.

Unfortuantly the only pictures i took where right before harvest as i never intened on showing anyone.

The room has been resetup with a 4 pot grow in a different location now with many other changes which i will photo and document once i can find some clones.

If you have any questions / comments / thoughts / criticism please feel free to post as no one apart from myself has seen the grow to date.

Live long, stay cooked :joint:

Dalton

Wow 2 years of lurking...welcome to posting:) It's liberating to be able to show what you have been working at and dicuss techniques with other growers without blowing your real life cover. Your plant looks very good for the beating you described that's what's awsome about coco. 4 ounces off of a 4 day veg is awesome:) congradulation's
on your harvest. Good luck on what's to come. You can shower now:)

783Blaster1

Dalton - thanks for the comments, coco is fantastic stuff no matter how badly it is treated it keeps on going. The shower was a handy feature when i was flushing the coco i just ran the excess water down the drain.
I also forgot to mention i was using RO water for the entire grow.
Im looking forward to posting up the next grow step by step and eventually work my way up to something like your garden.

brah - haha lucky for the spare shower, nothings better than having a big joint and going to have a shower...so relaxing.

Ono Nadagin - thanks for the welcome

Latest posts

Latest posts