What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Foliar feeding in addition to Canna nutes?

bongoman

Hi there

I'm running Canna A+B, Cannazym and Rhizotonic and hand-watering.

Is there any further benefit to be gained by foliar feeding with any other nutes?

In my vegie garden I foliar feed with an organic seaweed extract - any point in using this plus the usual Canna regimen?

G

There should not be any harm in doing so. Only way to find out is to do a side by side comparison =] Good luck!

G

I foilar feed twice a day with Liquid Karma and once a week with Thrive Alive Red. My plants are about 21 days from seeds sprouting and the results are amazing. Very squat, wide plants, alot of internodal growth already too. This is my first run with Coco and I am hand watering once a day with about 10-15% run off. My mix is 2 parts coco to 1 part coarse perlite, with a layer of hydroton on the bottoms of my pots. I am feeding .75-1 ml /litre of both A and B, 2 ml /litre of Rhizo and for the last 8 days or so 2.5 ml/litre of cannazym. They just went into 1 gallon pots last night and will veg in them for the next 10-14 days, then it's into 2 gallon pots and time for the flip. I have some other stuff kicking around from my last soil grow that I would like to try foilar feeding with, but things are going so well that I am hesitant to make any more changes right now.

I was thinking of giving them a couple good foilar feeds before flowering, possibly with some Fox Farm Big Bloom. I had some of AN's Colossal Bud Blast, but it went bad and I was unhappy with the results last time (the plants I used it on stretched like mad, the ones that I did not spray with it stayed bushy). Other than that I also have Hygrozyme, which in the past has given me fantastic results with both foilar feeding and watering, but i am hesitant to double up on the zym products with already using the cannazym. If anyone has any input on this I'd love to hear it :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the problem with hygrozym is that it kills beneficial bacteria off, so if you use cannazym and rhizotonic and have trichoderma in your coco, then i'd avoid the hygrozym, unless you test it on one plant and like the reaction.

also remember to always turn the grow lights off for foiliar feeding. and only turn it on an hour later when at least most of the water has dried. or else you can get burn spots.

G

I think you are mistaken Gaius, Hygrozyme does not kill beneficials. SM90 will kill our little friends.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
the problem with hygrozym is that it kills beneficial bacteria off,

I think you are mistaken Gaius, Hygrozyme does not kill beneficials.

ok guys-now i'm confused :bat: Could we get some clarification on this one. I've been using Cannazyme -but have heard that Hygrozyme is the schizz-so i've got some in and planned on starting with it when the Cannazyme runs out in a day or two-

i'm holding now until i've done a little more research
cheers
eddie

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I think Hygrozyme can be used together with Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2), I haven't tried it but the ad says so. Although, to me, the exorbitant price of that product doesn't justify its use over other enzyme products, and H2O2 should be used sparingly anyway. Temporary treatments against root rot, every now and then IF you have a problem.

Last edited:

protek

Hygrozyme WILL NOT harm beneficial bacteria it actually helps it thrive...
This is where the conjecture is with the zyme products and so fourth...
I'll try and clarify it for you....

Hygrozyme is made from organic material but it is fermented in such a way that it is sterile once it goes into the bottle giving it unlimited shelf life.
It is a n enzymatic product high in amino acids etc.
It will help break down dead roots into plant usable material but it also facillitates nutrient absorption at the root zone giving you extreme growth,flowerset,yield,taste etc.
Now this is where it gets confusing:
because it is sterile and is also used to sterilize the root zone to prevent pythium,collar rot etc it is the ideal additive to add to a sterile root environment because it keeps everything sterile.
On the other hand it can be added and used with organics and will not harm the beneficials.
Superlative product and definately the best zyme on the market today.
Have had amazing results and plants definately a week ahead all the way through with a 15% average in yield....No shit it is that good!!!

Cannazyme,though similar is not a sterile product so therefore has a limited shelf life but will not facillitate nutrient absorption like hygrozyme.
Cannazyme is good at breaking down dead roots into food but the hygrozyme is in a class of its own.Just makes growing that much easier.

I have used both zymes together without negative effects but there really is no need.

Once you have used it you won't go back

Rez's Killer Apollo

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hmm i got to show this to my mate bonecarver, he'll be interested. just what makes you so sure the hygrozym only kills bad guys? when in fact it's based on peroxide which is much like antibiotics are for us. how does it know which are the beneficial organisms and which the harmful organisms?

bullseye

protek i think your right on the money there i've heard the strengh on canna zym and most the other enzime products strengh degrades very fast when opened?