What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monkey Juice Test Run (Pure Coco)

Mo Budz

Thanks man, in my coco setup im growing a personal strain called Gumbolt, some Trainwreck, and a cross I made between Trainwreck and some Lavender. Here are some pics, 2 of each one in the same order. Gumbolt, Trainwreck, Trainwreck X Lavender (E-Train)

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
real nice looking update Mo Budz, looks like all is growing well hey? great coloring, perfectly fed, by the looks of it. :yes:

peace :wave:

Mo Budz

Thanks man, i'm really diggin' this coco, and the Monkey Juice is working out great. If all goes well, I will put another setup just like this in there, and have 2 coco trays, and 2 soil trays. Still loves my soil, but the coco has got a hold of my attention, and I think its here to stay. Thanks again, and stay cool.

Mo

G

Those babies are looking fantastic Morbid!

I just put the mixing pump on a timer, and am gonna mess around with that to see if it helps my ph a little.

Have ya noticed a difference yet?

When are you checking the runoff? I read on one of Canna's information postings that it should be checked at the first runoff.

gaius, don't you wait until slabs are gushing out water for a little bit before you take a sample?

Mo Budz

Thanks I.S. I did put the pump on a timer, but there was not much of a difference for me. What did work tho, is this time before I mixed my new batch of nutes, I flushed my coco with some final phase, and lowered the ph to around 5.4. After about 10 gallons of that, I ran another 5 gallons of just plain ph'd water. Now my new mix of nutes started at 5.5, and is taking alot longer to move up then before. I like to let it drift a little (up to around 6.4) before i ph it back down. I'm thinkin it allows more nutrients to be available at different ph ranges. Thanks again.

Mo

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been playing with PH drift as well, nice phrase by the way. I think you may be on to something as my plants seem to do better through a swing from 5.3-6.3 and seem to use less nutes and have build up when I keep if closer at 5.8-6.0

Mo Budz said:
Thanks I.S. I did put the pump on a timer, but there was not much of a difference for me. What did work tho, is this time before I mixed my new batch of nutes, I flushed my coco with some final phase, and lowered the ph to around 5.4. After about 10 gallons of that, I ran another 5 gallons of just plain ph'd water. Now my new mix of nutes started at 5.5, and is taking alot longer to move up then before. I like to let it drift a little (up to around 6.4) before i ph it back down. I'm thinkin it allows more nutrients to be available at different ph ranges. Thanks again.

Mo

Mo Budz

Thanks man, she is only about 8 months old, and is a great dog. She hates the smell of weed (which is a good thing, cuz i had a dog that would tear up my outdoors in the past), but she loves to kick it and watch me in my growroom.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
This thread is certainly a positive one for MONKEY JUICE... one of the first I have seen...

Those choice buds i.e. Trainwreck, Gumboldt.. were grown with MJ??

Nice pics too bro...

Good job

Texas Kid

Excellent grow show maing...Eagerly following along...

I am runnin strait coco in an ebb&flow setup with similar results with the Pure Blend Pro regime, coco is crazy...

Monkey Juice baby!!!!

Tex

G

Mo Budz said:

Mo

Good to know meng! Glad its working out for ya:joint:

Hey TK, what do you like to do pH wise, when it comes to your setups?

Mo Budz

Thanks guys for all the kind words.

Berger....Those nug shotz were all grown organically in soil. Organics is all I have ever done for years, and this is my first venture into coco/hydro/chem nutes. So far I am really liking the MJ, and the results its giving me. I have also been experimenting with Sensi Bloom A&B on my soil with some amazing results. Not full organic, but you can hardley tell them apart taste, smell, and look. And I will admit that my plants grown using the chem/organic ferts have been out producing my pure organics. We will see how the coco compares...... :yoinks:

Caligrown

MB! How about some updates on the root status? Are they visible anywhere?
It would be dope if you would show the rootball when you harvest.

BTW are you just hand watering in the fungus and microbes? If so what is your schedule for inoculating your coco?

Your dog seems really sweet and timid. My boys dog is just like that...Unless you are on the other side of "the gate". You would think she was gong to eat you all the way up until you slide open the gate. then she is all about hanging out with us... It's a trip.

Mo Budz

Hey cali, thanks bro. The roots are growing good, by the end of week 1 they had already started coming through the holes in the bottoms of the containers. Now there are some with over 4 inch roots coming through the holes. I'll snap a few pics of them later, and post em up. I will for sure post some pics of the root ball when they are done too. As for inoculants, I didn't use any this time at all. I do have voodoo juice, piranah and tarantula, but decided not to use them in my res as I have heard alot of people experiencing problems using them in hydro. I do know that coco does have some beni's in it already, so hopefully they have formed some little colonies in my roots. I have also switched from sensizym to cannazym. The sensizym would always go rancid on me after about 3 weeks, and I cant stand the smell of the stuff, but so far I am liking the cannazym. Be back with a few pics later tonight, and an update for day 28 coming soon. Thanks again.

Mo Budz

Caligrown

Looking forward to seeing those roots. This week I popped some Trainwreck x Blueberry and Sage x ? LOL! I got them from a friend. I ordered some Sunleaves coco and will let you know how it goes when I get them into cups. I will be stoked if it looks anything like your results.

I had a messy resi when I tried the beneficials the first time. I started hand watering them into the coco and it worked out well. I got a little funk in the water from the drainage but it was minimal and I swap out nutes weekly so it works for me.
It also uses much less product that way :0) $$$$$$.

I think I am going to try out the CoGr boards from Canna for the simplicity and for the space the roots have to expand.

I have the canna coco nutes so I will give that a shot.

Peace and love -Cali

Last edited:

Mo Budz

4 weeks in.......

4 weeks in.......

Here they are at day 28. Snapped a few pics of them in the dark, and might have a few more once the light comes on. Got a little cupping on my gumbolts, but they can be sensitive the the nutes so i'm not too worried about it yet. Gonna drain and fill my res tonight, and remix it at 900ppm's including the hammerhead again. I think thats a safe range for the plants I am growing since they lean more to the sativa side, and the gumbolt especially can be a little finikey with its food. Also after a good flush at the begining of last week with 5.5 ph'd water, my ph drift has dropped dramatically. I have only had to add ph down once this week, and the rest was just topped of with ph'd water. Hopefully things continue the way they have been, and I should have some nice nugz to show off at the end of the show.

Here are a few pics of the trainwreck first, then the gumbolt, and some random garden shots.

G

are you positive you have never done this before? They look so damn happy!

Mo Budz

Indica Sativa said:
are you positive you have never done this before? They look so damn happy!

Lol...thanks man. I'm sayin the same thing to myself every time I walk in there. Or more like why havn't I tried this sooner. Been doin the soil for years, and this coco might (edit:WILL) be a permenant addition to my medical garden.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
great update Mo Budz,

i like this shot, looks real healthy. how high is your feeding ec? peace :yes:

13365garden2_21.jpg