What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Threshing hemp post harvest

RobHempen

Has anyone got any experience advice with machinery that can separate seed, stalk and flower, keeping as many trichomes as possible on the flower, but getting the seed relatively clean?

It is not possible for us to separate the males and females before harvesting, so we are looking for a way to process 10t of dried hemp into flower and seed.

Any help much appreciated - there is a jar of UK made CBD coconut oil for the best answer!

I would use one of those automated trimmers. Depending on your circumstances, one might be less expensive/more beneficial than another, so I would definitely do some research on that.

But an even better idea would be to contract that part out. We got 70 acres about to be planted and our plan is to contract that part out. There is a company that goes to 35 states with harvesting equipment for hemp, so again depending on your location that also might vary.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where’s that 70 acres going to be.
I want my grow far away from that!

Would be cool to see that much cannabis all growing in one spot but damn! The cross contamination for miles!

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Heard from a German company which develops a combined combine harvest for stalks and seeds... LINK HERE
What are you going to do with the 'husks'? They already lost a good part of the trichomes once the seeds are ready for harvest. Could it be possible that instead of opting for a two-birds-one-stone approach planting two separate fields with different plant densities and harvesting times, one for seeds and one for flowers, might be better?
What good would it do to separate males from females before harvest? Or do you mean 'femeln' (removing males before flowering)?