What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Raw mineral salts

Nug Life

Not like RAW by NPK, but bulk salts.. like think large scale industrial use or greenhouse production.

Anyone out there have any resources/insights into a comprehensive guide for doing this? A compendium of sorts, to help along the way? Material sources? Etc etc etc? Just don't want to take a plunge and fuck plants up, wanna get the primer first.. yanno?

I mean, I love that Hydro Store Life.. but got-damn, tryna save dat money and not sacrifice quality. The customization aspect is very handy-dandy here.

Word! Thanks if you guys have anything you can point me to. I'll check google as well, but it's always more fun talking to people about it.

weedtoker

Veteran
Here you can find things like 10-0-0, or 0-0-10, or even "micros" bags in feed stores/ag stores or chains along those lines (Europe that is),without the need to be registred as a farmer. Maybe you would have some sort of similar way up in your area? More than that, gonna pull up chair and watch this one, as i'm interested in doing some controled experiments, and have been reading for a while now on this matter but am sure more experienced folks will pop up, I'm still in theory classroom eheh.

cheers

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You'll save yourself some significant time, by picking up a quality product already available and adding some custom elements yourself. Maxibloom is around $15usd for 2.2lbs (1Kilo) and is a great "general base" to start with. I hear Jack's is pretty dang good as well. They're both "Mixes of powders" the companies buy in huge bulk.

The only way your "mix" is going to be cheaper than buying off the shelf, is if your time is worth very little. ;) Sticking with "Improving Something Readily Available" is a much better use of your time. ;)