Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Breeders Retail Catalogue Update

Thread Title Search
Breeders Retail Catalogue Update Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2017, 03:28 AM #11
Oneeyewille

Oneeyewille will become famous soon enough
Those Ancestral skunk beans are going to be a challenge but worth every penny would seed it all . more than likely . would litterally kill the cookies for more room lol
Oneeyewille is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:37 AM #12
Gr33nSanta

if cheese #1 is believed to have come from a skunk #1, does it mean one could very well find the true exodus cheese in the ancestral skunk #1 ??

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:29 PM #13
zamzia

zamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to beholdzamzia is a splendid one to behold
Think you'd have to go through a lot of beans to find something similar. Especially if the germ rate as around 10% on them.
zamzia is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2017, 12:25 PM #14
Oneeyewille

Oneeyewille will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzia View Post
Think you'd have to go through a lot of beans to find something similar. Especially if the germ rate as around 10% on them.
Lets say if someone took all Those and 14 poped could you flower the whole lot and save one good fem but use multi males then seed everything then search throughout the seed progeny which has a higher germ rate
Oneeyewille is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2017, 05:24 PM #15
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneeyewille View Post
Lets say if someone took all Those and 14 poped could you flower the whole lot and save one good fem but use multi males then seed everything then search throughout the seed progeny which has a higher germ rate
Yep... You sure could...
But what are the chances you'll find what your looking for by going through 2 open pollinations without making selections?
If the desired plant didn't show in the seeds you open pollinated then it's not very likely you'll see it down the line either. I'm not saying you absolutely can't find what your looking for but it'll require a shit load of seeds being tested.
MJPassion is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:50 PM #16
Gr33nSanta

you dont need to find what you are looking for, because you can find it in the F2s, all you need is a decent male and a decent female to create a world of opportunity.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:54 PM #17
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nSanta View Post
you dont need to find what you are looking for, because you can find it in the F2s, all you need is a decent male and a decent female to create a world of opportunity.
Dude... Read...
They're already working with open pollinated F? seeds. A 1:1 cross, that isn't showing the characteristics that are being searched for, will most likely not produce the characteristics being searched for down the line. Especially if there have been specific things removed from previous generations via selective breeding.

If you don't get RKS from these very seeds, it's not likely that a 1:1 cross will produce any either. You'd have to be very lucky!

Old 02-12-2017, 11:48 PM #18
Gr33nSanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Dude... Read...
They're already working with open pollinated F? seeds. A 1:1 cross, that isn't showing the characteristics that are being searched for, will most likely not produce the characteristics being searched for down the line. Especially if there have been specific things removed from previous generations via selective breeding.

If you don't get RKS from these very seeds, it's not likely that a 1:1 cross will produce any either. You'd have to be very lucky!
thanks for the reply, not like I really know what I am doing but I have done a lot of pollen chucks and some small scale advanced pollen chucks lol.

I have always been under the impression that taking any seed line to F2 would allow you to find some random pheno from several generations ago. And I have experienced this several times myself.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:11 AM #19
MJPassion
Observer

These seeds are likely way past the F2 generation.
S.S. would have to confirm it though.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:29 AM #20
Gr33nSanta

These are a relative open pollination Chimera said here :https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338141&page=5

correct me if I am wrong but, the only way to create F1s is to use a male and a female which share the same parents.

so if I order 100 seeds, I could grow out 1 male, use it on the best female, creating F1, select a male and female from F1 to make F2s and once you grow the F2s is when you see stuff popping from several generations ago?

Anyway sorry I dont really to clog the thread with misinformation so Im gonna step back but I will be stoked if I can get some of those ancestral skunk #1 to pop and if I do I will put them to good use.