What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Alcove: Another LED Tale

starke

Interim Update

Interim Update

Bag Lady on the right was harvested this morning with about five percent amber trichs. She has been rough trimmed and is hanging. Very dense feeling buds all over, clear to the bottom of the stems. No larf. For a plant only 19 inches tall she is loaded. I'm guessing around three zips dried.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

Swanson

Unreal plant!!! Looks like a few zips of super dense dankness. I wonder how much of that is genetics and how much of it is the turntable creating great light distribution?! :headbange

starke

Unreal plant!!! Looks like a few zips of super dense dankness. I wonder how much of that is genetics and how much of it is the turntable creating great light distribution?! :headbange

I am positive the bud density from about mid-plant to the bottom is directly the result of the additional light distribution. All of the fully developed buds in this region would not even exist as larf in my SCROG grow because I would have defoliated this region.

Going to find out a little more on the next run. A Super Lemon Haze clone and another Bag Lady will be on the tables. SLH is not a big producer so I am excited to see how she does in this enviornment.

starke

Patience? Nah, not so much.

Patience? Nah, not so much.

As the misses frequently reminds me: "You have no patience." I have to admit she is right.

I have two larger ladies ready to go on the turntables and I'm afraid to let them get any bigger before flipping.

Accordingly the budsickle plant on the left was harvested this morning, rough trimmed and is hanging beside her sister at this moment. She is a week to ten days early but trichs are about 70% cloudy with a few ambers scattered about. She should be plenty potent regardless.

I've never let a plant grow naturally and am quite impressed with the main cola. First time I've had one that did justice to the soda can for scale. Plant was only 24 inches tall. I'm guessing about three zips on her as well.

Going to clean up the space, cut a few clones from the two ladies and flip them to flower, probably tomorrow. Update and pics then.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Flower Day 1

Flower Day 1

"Will it go round in circles?"
"Will it fly high like a bird up in the sky?" - Billy Preston

Time to answer those questions. Two new ladies up on the turntables. A Bag Lady clone on the left and a Super Lemon Haze clone on the right. Both of these ladies are 24 inches tall and have been topped and lightly LSTd. They each have five main shoots.

Just a recap for anyone just tuning in: Three gallon Hempy Buckets. Medium is perlite and expanded clay. Nutes are Jacks and Calnit at .8ec and 5.6 - 6.0 ph as it swings. The ladies are being fed daily to runoff. Lighting is a total of 640 actual watts 5000K LED high bay shop lights.

picture.php

Weekly updates as usual, unless I screw up.

Peace,
starke

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
...Weekly updates as usual, unless I screw up...
If you'll "screw up" like with those above, please keep screw them 'cause you're doing it great. :tiphat:
When you see them stripped and hanged up side down you can really appreciate the good job you've done. :good:

starke

Interim Update

Interim Update

The right hand Bag Lady chopped first went into a jar this morning at 66% RH. Will burp her down to 62%.

Anyway - the important stuff: 94.69 grams 3.34 oz.

I apologize for the shitty pic.

Peace,
starke

picture.php

starke

Nice yeild. How would you describe the taste, smell and high from this Bag Lady? :rasta:

She has an earthy and slightly floral nose right now in the jar. Taste is earthy with a hint of fuel. She is more of a couch lock type high and I use her mostly at bedtime.

roybart

Great job..
I am thinking about surrounding the girl with light strips. 72 watts (13,500 lumens) on the ceiling and 60 watts (11,250 lumens) on 2 sides and 48 watts (9,000 lumens) on the ends. the space is 3x2.5 feet x 4 feet high. 288 watts in total

Yeah I know watts and lumens do not equate to a functional measure for LED's. But I am using them as yardstick to test against.
My lights will have dimmers so I can turn them down if needed. Also as I am using strip LED"s I can add or remove strips as needed. Each 3 foot strip is 4 watts.
Thoughts anyone??

starke

The budsickle plant went into a jar this morning at 64%. Judging by the density of the buds, in comparison to the first plant harvested, Bag Lady is one of those strains that does her chunking up in the last two weeks. She was harvested about 10 days early and the buds are probably a third less dense than the first plant. Great trichs, get you high high high, but definitely lacking in density. Sorry - no pic.

74.62 grams 2.6 zips

Peace,
starke

starke

Flower Day 7

Flower Day 7

Today closes out the first week of 12/12 for these ladies. Not much change noted although they are throwing pistils everywhere.

Continuing with the Jacks at .8ec and ph ranging from 5.7 to 6.0.

I am going to do some light defol on the base of the Bag Lady plant just to clean her up a little.

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

picture.php

roybart

@PCBuds My first attempt will be in a grow tent, which is located within a grow room. I will have a thermometer gun to check the temps. If it herms on me then I can get some female seeds? LOL

starke

Update Flower Day 14

Update Flower Day 14

Two weeks into 12/12 and the bud sites are forming. I did a slight defol at the very base of the Bag Lady on Wednesday - more to make me feel better about doing something than actually helping the plant probably.

Staying at .8ec and 5.7 - 6.0 ph and they seem happy. The stretch is about done, thankfully. I'ts going to be close on height I'm afraid. I've got a total of about eight more inches I can move the light up.

The Ladies:
picture.php

Super Lemon Haze:
picture.php

Bag Lady:
picture.php

Peace.
starke

Latest posts

Latest posts