What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV's some of this and that!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
That would rub me the wrong way too. Just start a thread called "THE REAL Anything Outdoors 2020" LOL.

Congrats on the harvest. Always feels good to hang them. Also good to have a pile of smoke with stay at home orders coming. :joint:

Personally, I don't mind letting them get a bit dry at the end of flower before harvest. I don't do it to stress them out or to increase resin or anything along those lines - being I'm an organic soil grower, I want the plant to feed from the reserves stored in the leaves, resulting in a much cleaner burning and tasting smoke, even prior to cure. It's just something I've been doing for years and it's always seem to make a positive difference. Your results may vary given the difference in media and over all growing practices.

dank.Frank

Yea I started my Anything Outdoors 2020 thread and a guy was like theres already a Anything Outdoors 2020 thread. I didn't even know he'd started it until a few days ago. He must have started it Jan 1 to try to get in front. So I'd already made my 2020 Anything Outdoors and posted it up. Like I was saying I've named the thread 2yrs running the same thing, This beening the 3rd yr, at least name your shit something I haven't built up for over 2yrs.

Enough of that BS, I'm just doing what I always do. It's obviously easy to see his intent, The member posted many times in 2018, 2019, so he knows I started the thread almost 3yrs ago now. But whatever if he wants to look like a coat tail rider I'm fine with it. I posted this is the ORIGINAL Anything Outdoors, not the imitators thread.

But yea I flush the hell outta my plants the last few weeks and let them dry, I do like them kinda dry like your saying, I've tried a lot of different things over the yrs the last week or so of flowering. I used to do 48 hrs darkness before harvest, and some other things. Sometimes at the end you might get a lil more resin or trichs doing things. I'm sure you've tried everything too over the yrs. I kinda like to get the leaves to start yellowing at harvest, you usually got them flushed good, get a decent dry and cure

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm not sure if I got all the SLK, I'll post some various pics. I do feel I couldve fed these SLK a lot hotter than the Lemon Tart. And it was a ALL Led grow, so those to say. Most of them were about right, but about 3 were kinda small and wispy. I didn't really pay attention to the ppm/ec level were I'm so used to this nute mix. Also I'm used to running plants from seeds, so I think I kinda learned not to be afraid to kinda turn the wick up in flowering. But you can pretty much give these SLK all the ferts you got lol, I had to even order another bottle of Tiger Bloom to finish.

The Lemon Tarts I think I was pretty dialed on her, kinda some leaf tip burn, very minor. Now I'm growing more clones I'll probably have to add more ferts.

I had a SLK in a 5gallon grow bag that was small like this one. I don't think I even took a pic of her before harvesting. I didn't see it but supposed to have took it. It could be the Leds, feeding, numerous reason 3 wasn't as big, especially the buds.

I've got some beautys ready to get in the flowering room. I think we'll have a good one coming up. I'm pushing to get everything cleaned, transplanted ETC before I put them out there. I've got a real nice OGKB 2.0 I noticed last night, plus several smaller. I thought it was the Sour Valley clone but it wasnt. So I've at least have 1 BIG OGKB to start, I'm planning to put 2-3 more smaller ones in the grow also, I think I've got 2-3 of those Chocolate Nightmares, and Probably at least 4 SV. So with the 8 ECSD I might not get all those in this grow. But I could probably get a few more feet in my flowering room, since I'll be taking a lot from it, I can probably get me 3 more feet or so if needed. I'd just have to rearrange some things. Also got to at least get 1 Burning Man in this coming grow. Kinda see what that strains about. I guess once I get the room packed up, I'll let everybody know what I've managed to fit in there.

I'll give a smoke report after they cure awhile!!! I'll probably do that after each grow. I know everybody likes to know if it's any good and how it tastes!!!!

I'll be back soon to start again, Everyone please take these warnings serious and mask, glove up. All icmagers keep you and your family safe. I've had to get out twice, and both times mask, gloves. And after you get outta a grocery store you wouldn't believe how dirty my gloves got. So with all the uncertainty please notice things are getting worse daily. Thanks guys hope you enjoyed. Anybody got any questions or anything feel free to ask.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
To the pro or novice grower. In between grows and even in between veg to flower it's a good idea to check your outlets and extension cords, wipe your lights off, clean/disinfectant to the floor,walls,ceilings in between cycles. You basically just clean it back like it was before starting. Add a bit of bleach to some water and spray your floors, walls, ceilings, not your lights lol, you could maybe get a wash cloth and clean your lights off. You really need to wipe the glass off at least once a week during grows, there's lots of dust and it's good to keep your lights cleaned off. Also do any work thats needs done before you start, because once you get those plants in the flowering room you gotta just

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good advice for sure. I fully plan to disinfect my room this time between cycles. Wipe down all lights. Clean out all fans. Change all filters. Wash all pre-filters, etc. Want everything ready to be in top shape for the next round.

I like to run my IPM on everything 2wks before anything goes into flower as well. I like to make sure things are clean.

dank.Frank

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm about to pull the trigger on that Lemon Tart. I'm just waiting on a smoke report, WV.:smoker:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Good advice for sure. I fully plan to disinfect my room this time between cycles. Wipe down all lights. Clean out all fans. Change all filters. Wash all pre-filters, etc. Want everything ready to be in top shape for the next round.

I like to run my IPM on everything 2wks before anything goes into flower as well. I like to make sure things are clean.

dank.Frank

Hey that's a great idea, a lot of time that gives to double check stuff, get the environment were you want it....if in separate room than flowering. Make sure all your lights, fans equipment all working on the correct time. Just to make 100% you got everything right, definitely a must. Great advice for me and everybody, thanks

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm about to pull the trigger on that Lemon Tart. I'm just waiting on a smoke report, WV.:smoker:

I believe it's gonna be pretty good. I smoked a joint that I kinda let dry a little faster. I REALLY think after it gets drier and I cure it, that it'll be good. I've got 2 Tahoe OGs I'm getting big enough to clone. But the Bellini was damn good, I got a few seedlings going to hunt me a cut......But I'm just honestly saying I've always got good stuff from Cali Connection. I'm kinda drying slow because the room is nice and cool and I like a smooth smoke. But this pheno must be Wedding Cake, it don't show any Super Lemon Haze I think the cross is. And this is the only pheno I've ran too, Ive not ran the rest of them yet. But they got a lot of good stuff, This Lemon Tart seems good!!! The old SFV they had used to be killer also, Im really excited to see what i get outta the Tahoes.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well like I was saying I've cleaned up my dehumidifier, all 5gal buckets cleaned with a mild bleach solution. I have also taken all the lights down and put them back in there boxes. I need to sweep and maybe spray the floors good, I've bleached those good too. It's definitely my plan to use at least 1 1000w hps this grow, probably keep the Leds in there groups/brand and use those again also. I've also pretty much got 16 or so plants picked out. It shouldn't take much longer to get everything clean. I'm gonna go sweep it and maybe scrub it with a push broom some. It's a concrete floor and I have pop creates I sit the plants on so there not directly on the cold floor. I'll spray everything with Trifecta Crop Control and keep a eye out for mites along the way. Hopefully next time I'm transplanting this beautiful strains and we'll begin another flowering cycle. I wiped my lights off good before re boxing them also. I'm gonna flower the biggest Burning Man clone to kinda see if it's gonna be good, I'm very excited, But between cleaning and trimming it's one of those things that kinda sucks, but you want your grow room clean, extra clean:tiphat:

nickman

Veteran
Really good advice fella’s...!!!...

The only problem is when your running a perpetual garden it gets hard to find time to do all that stuff...!!!...
Plus, when there’s always plants in the flower room it just hard sometimes to get in there and clean or do anything for that matter...!!!...

I don’t really like to take my plants outta the flower room once they’re in there doing there ,thing... ... ...

It sucks cause I gotta do pretty much all that stuff you said ASAP. . .
I’ve got a little gap coming up in my perpetual flowering cycle so I’m gonna do my best to get on it...!!!...
I need to put up new filters and a new LED in the flower room ...!!!...

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Really good advice fella’s...!!!...

The only problem is when your running a perpetual garden it gets hard to find time to do all that stuff...!!!...
Plus, when there’s always plants in the flower room it just hard sometimes to get in there and clean or do anything for that matter...!!!...

I don’t really like to take my plants outta the flower room once they’re in there doing there ,thing... ... ...

It sucks cause I gotta do pretty much all that stuff you said ASAP. . .
I’ve got a little gap coming up in my perpetual flowering cycle so I’m gonna do my best to get on it...!!!...
I need to put up new filters and a new LED in the flower room ...!!!...

Yea I'm trying to get the timing right so I don't get my plants to big in veg. I guess I'm not actually doing a perpetual garden, but more so having nice plants to put in the flowering room. And yes it's hard work doing like I'm doing. I couldn't do every 30days with just myself unless I limited the number of plants I'm growing I could possibly do it. But I'm going wait a bit like 15-20 days in flowering before I get another run ready. I've got some much sitting around now id love to flower them all!!! With summer coming I'll get a few plants to grow in my Anything Outdoors 2020!! thread

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man glad I got my ferts today.....I was low on flowering stuff. Got the Open Seasame, Beastie Blooms, and also gone use the Cha-Ching. I'll order me some Tiger Bloom and PHup, I think I've got enough Calmag for this grow. I'm working hard guys I'll have it going ASAP. My wife is diabetic and I've had to get out and get her meds, tester strips ETC. Then I was gonna put a coat of flex seal down and the rain come and I'm trying to dry that place that weeps. Because flex seal has a strong smell I wouldn't have plants in when I used it. It might be next grow before I get to put that flex seal down. Hopefully after this grow I can get a roll of Panda Film and some fern strips and fix it like a laboratory. I'd like to paint the floor also. White out everything. But on a limited budget and lots of help from people has REALLY been so appreciated.

Hey Vash I think I might've been letting my clones get to humid, I'm not 100% sure but I've moved the top over some so more air gets in. Now that Amazon is shipping I'm try not to forget the meter to put inside to watch my humidity

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I just order more ferts, Phup, a cheap sump pump that pumps down to 0.2 in, fairly cheap. I'll happily pay the 60$ I've busted my ass bucketing water outta the grow when a big storm comes. And if water is on the floor from overwatering of anything. I've been needing one. I went ahead and got the Fox Farm trio, with the 3 quarts. I'll use them with the Open Seasame and those things. I figured while there still shipping to grab some stuff. I got 2 of those meters Vash, I've got 5-6 in riot rooters, I've kinda moved the top, it seemed like there getting to humid. It's very humid here anyway. I probably could use one of my therm pros to get the humidity. But once I start this grow. I'm gonna get this cloning shit right. But got most of my lights hung up, hoping I've got a few extra sockets so I can use 1 of my 1000hps in conjunction with the Leds, or at least the better Leds. Which they all work great. I'm just not sure with the dehumidifier and fans, all the Leds start to add up. But I'm gonna have to see what's what's on these breakers and find a few that the kids don't have a ton of cellphone chargers, curling irons, and things that use some amps. Plus the guys that wired this house back years ago didn't wire half the outlets right. A lot need replaced, and that's were I need to find a nice breaker to put that 1000hps on. I just think a HPS Horrilux is still one of your best choices. I'm gonna add every Led I have power for, I've got a 200amp box. Get that damn 6in ducting and fan hooked up, probably go ahead and put the carbon filter on. I wanna take my 8in carbon filter and shake it good and bounce it around easily to get that carbon back working I feel and change the prefilter. I wanna get everything hooked up and make sure the timers and lights are going completely out. I moved the Mars Hydro to the main back of the growroom to try and keep it mostly light from just that SP 250. Plus I've got a lot of Updayday lights I'm adding and a Canna 3522 smart series.....same lights as last grow, a,nice Ibozily 800. only hoping to get my 1000w HPS going!!! This is gonna be a lot of clones, big clones, a few smaller, and Probably a Key Lime x Dos from seed I've got and need to flower out. I've been adding the Mikrobs, and have added Humic acid a few times. Seems like they like it!!!! So I'm more than stocked up on flowering supplies and getting a start on another bottle of Fox Farm grow.

Guys if you got the Mother plant A and B from HDI, that stuff is SUPER strong. If it's a mother less than 6mths old I'd say start half strength every 2wks. I'm gonna run some water through my cloning machines I've already cleaned. My buddy said he let's his run 3-4 hrs after putting a capful of bleach to clean everything. So I'm gonna just let them run about 2hrs and dump it out and do it again. Don't get me wrong I let the cloner run probably 45mins or so and dumped water from each several times. One has only been used once, and the other 5-6 times. Would you guys go with plain water, or the mild solution I've used in the RRs. I've got a Strawberry Ak and a Tahoe OG I'm praying root. I might flower that Strawberry AK because both are getting big. And I'm gonna have to make room for my SV and ECSD mom, which I'm gonna take about 10-20cuts from. And maybe try to get some of the other plants I'm trying to get to root. I'd honestly about have to flower out the 1 AK if it roots, those things are big. I've got another Strawberry AK thats huge, you should see,what a stalk on a plant in about a 2gal bucket.

I've also got some bad news, my Chocolate Nightmare mom has died. It got to bushy and started to mold and I removed the branches. And now every leaf on hers dead. I've got a backup but it make for 1 less Chocolate Nightmare in the grow. Looking definitely like 3 OGKB, 8 ECSD, 2 SV, 1-2 Key Lime x Dos and maybe that Strawberry AK if I get that cut rooted. I've got another Chocolate Nightmare I thought was a ECSD, and got to looking and there 1 of each, so I won't have to save a big Chocolate Nightmare. I got a very healthy one in a Solo Cup. Sorry to ramble so much, just kinda letting everybody know I'll get it going in a few days. Like I said before it always takes longer most time than planned. I'm hoping to transplant a few of the smaller plants so they'll have a extra few days to wk to get bigger. I've got 2 smaller OGKB, and 1 nice big girl. I've been supercropping anything that's getting very tall in Veg, and will prune what's necessary. Thanks for stopping in Guys, I'll keep that meter before I use anymore RRs. A lot of reason in the cloning machines is to thin out these huge mother plants and try to get some different cuts. I'm a hit or miss on the machines but probably get more because I take more. But I definitely think the humidity dome got them so wet. I've still got the dome on, I've just opened it up 3-4 inches

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, you're gonna be busy for a minute. That Chocolate Nightmare had issues probably because of lack of air penetration. A dehumidifier will help tremendously. I have just as many plants in flower as you do, and I collect AT LEAST 3 gallons of water a day, plus I have a 16 inch fan going. You didn't let those rr's get too wet, did you? That'll slow things down as well.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Wow, you're gonna be busy for a minute. That Chocolate Nightmare had issues probably because of lack of air penetration. A dehumidifier will help tremendously. I have just as many plants in flower as you do, and I collect AT LEAST 3 gallons of water a day, plus I have a 16 inch fan going. You didn't let those rr's get too wet, did you? That'll slow things down as well.

Man had everything almost ready and Bam, a fucking storm knocked the power. So the light cycle got fucked. But I'm not on a electrical or regular generator. So I did the best I could, I've had issues before with power outage for a few hrs and it not cause trouble. So after the basement floods I dip it out again, sump pump en route thank god. If I knew i could get a decent pump for 60$ I would've saved a lot of work the past few yrs!!! I'm getting the growroom ready to turn on and give it a couple 2-3days checking light leaks and that everything is working CORRECT while I start transplanting 5gal buckets to the room. Also getting some PH up and the Fox Farm trio so it's not gonna be here for a couple weeks. But I've gotta help my elderly mother on Wed to the doctor, so its basically a day that I don't get anything finished. I bleached everything again and got the 1 1000w hps with the Leds. I've got a 6in Vortex fan to cool the hood and exhaust hot air under the house or outside. I got the 6in fan and Terra Bloom carbon filters fixed up and ready. There's some plastic repairs and a couple more LEDs I need to get in place. I'll have to get some black plastic tomorrow and some duct tape. I'm getting there, slower than I wanted but at least it'll be ready to go for 2-3Mths soon. Just trying to explain to problems the problems smh lol. But a few more lights to hang and I'm gonna run the room a couple days like Frank was saying. I've got some nice plants just excited to transplant and get to flowering. I'll probably keep them on 18hrs a few days and then go to 12hrs . Or after I get every light leak and stuff squared away while I let it run without the plants in into yet i might just go 12hrs, there plenty big enougb

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
My lucky I'll get that sump pump and it'll be like a,desert around here lol, I don't remember it beening so wet and stuff when I was a kid.

Vash I got a couple meters like you showed me, supposed to be here monday. Just got 2 small ones for 6-7$. Got the plastic and quickly back home from dr. to fix what I removed during the power outage. I'll change a faulty outlet in the morning early. Then fire up everything and cycle it a few times before putting plants under.

I might also transplant some of the small ones first, maybe this evening,

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I really like the Open Seasame I've used it 4-5 grows now and can say in conjunction with Tiger Bloom it works great. I've used Tiger Bloom for yrs. Also the Beastie Blooms kinda like Tiger Bloom on seriods!!!! The Cha Ching came with the other 2 so I'm gonna try this and see. I've never been let down by Fox Farm products, there kinda expensive but all the good stuff is kinda pricey anymore.

Also gotta get some pics of some products I've got from Plantronix I think is the spelling. I've used the Humid Acid a few times. There's several other supplements and stuff in there. I've got some Castings and mycorrizea of some sort that you put in your bucket or hole around it. I'll have to make sure it's ok to mix Mikrobs with those products. I don't wanna mix the wrong mycorrizea together if that's possible. I know the Promix supposed to have some mycorrizea in it.

Vash that Lemon Tart is pretty strong and taste good, I just don't really taste lemon yet. It could be because my SLK is so strong lemon tasting and I just didn't notice. I'll definitely grow the pack out and keep this cut for a min....there might be a better plant than I've got in there.!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've got some Stonington plant food and 1 of the 1.5 cu ft bags of this stuff and some plant food. Also got some seed starter I used and have made some good seed and clone mixes. It just seems heavier than OF, gonna have to add more perlite to it. But I'll probably mix the Stonington with the Promix at around the same ratio as I usually mix Ocean Forest. So I'll keep those plants separated that's going into Stonington mix. I'm not sure about the food??, You mix it in dry then wet it. I'll do a few Stonington plants

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Is anybody using those Spider Farmer lights?? I believe if I could get another SP250 cheap enough I'd buy.!!!

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What type of flavors are you getting out of the Lemon Tart,WV? Was so hoping for a lemon dominant pheno to surface.