What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Honduras x Panama feminised

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi folks,

mind if I join in?
Here is my second grow (after the Kali China and Orient Express premiere).

This is day 23 at 11 hours light, 13 hours dark cycles

Honduras x Panama fem

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84944&pictureid=2098285View Image

main shoot
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84944&pictureid=2098284View Image

there is a Zamaldelica fem in the front left, Honduras x Panama in the back right
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84944&pictureid=2098283View Image

Zamaldelica
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84944&pictureid=2098286View Image

I only have a 60x60x160 cm tent, so probably one of those tropical sativas in their 16 l Root Pouch bags would have been enough, but I could not decide which one, so 2 had to go in. Here is the setup, picture taken at day 18 of 11/13
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84944&pictureid=2098282View Image

To keep the size down and use the available space, I decided to do a lot of LST and keep them in very small pots during veg time.
Started each seed in 200 ml seedling soil in simple 500ml yoghurt cups, adding about 100 to 150 ml of normal potting soil after about 10 days. They still became root bound in no time, so they moved to 1 L yoghurt cups after roughly 2 weeks where I started to tie them down as much as possible.
Of course, they became root bound in the 1 L pots again soon, but I wanted them to stay small, yet reach some maturity. After 4 1/2 weeks of veg time in 18/6 h, I switched them to 11/13, still in the 1 L pots. After 8 more days they became increasingly difficult to manage as I could see their sensitive reaction to higher fertilser doses or not watering every day. Therefore I decided to move them to their final 16 L bags. Still doing as much LST as possible (never pruned).
So now after more than 3 weeks in flower, things are looking really good and I decided I let them go upwards from here as they have almost filled out the squares. I hope to have kept them low enough so far (see setup above) while still providing enough veg time to have them matured a bit more.
We'll see if the head space is enough.
Both have been incredibly fun to work with so far.. Also this time, no fungus gnats.

I will keep you updated.
Doing a nice job with that scrog my friend having a zam in there as well you will get a nice mix of highs will be fun seeing how they go.
I have seen some amazing results from scrogs on this forum yours looks spot on ready to explode.

I have been collecting the last pollen from my male I cut some branches to flower indoors and let the pollen fall onto a glass top table for collection.
I think I have enough buds seeded now so no more dusting cant wait to get the seeds from the 3 different pheno's I have growing.

picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
week 5/6 of flower

week 5/6 of flower

Here are the 3 girls all slightly pregnant after 5 weeks of flowering starting week 6.

The first pics are of the lemon smelling Panama leaning Panama x Honduras regular a beautiful plant with what will hopefully become long running colas on every branch.
This has been pollinated on a few branches with Honduras pollen and pollen from a male Panama x Honduras so the kids are going to be over achievers for sure ha ha.

picture.php
picture.php

The second lot of pics are the funky smelling Purple Honduras x Panama fem at the back on the right.
The aromas from this are just what Ace report in their catalogue just amazing terps and I'm sure as hell just as amazing effects.

picture.php
picture.php

And lastly the Panama x Honduras regular that I just am crazy about. It reminds me of the terpy slightly purple calyx mega cola I grew from these seeds the first time I grew them. The most euphoric up and trippy pot I have ever grown I just love this plant.
All three are unique and will offer different effects i could not wish for more.
All 3 have seeds from the 2 fathers and will keep me growing until the end of my time on earth.
The cobs from these will be the creme de la creme terpy, tasty and a beautiful euphoric trippy high. The last time I grew these I lucked out and found the perfect recipe to cure them to preserve all their great attributes and amplify the highs just perfection in my eyes.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks brother :thank you: You always know how to put a big smile in my face! A pleasure the hear the male will be put to good use and that our genetics are still providing so much joy there :ying:

Yes anythings possible between my old age and being high ha ha.
Either way its awesome as now you guys no longer send to Australia I have to make my own seeds.
I'm super happy to be able to cross the male to all three different pheno's.
They are all worthy of growing on their own, thanks to you being so generous I have no need to grow anything else ever ha ha.
The Malawi x Ethiopia is another of the dream team, well pretty much anything I have grown from Ace is really, you have good genetics.
I came to IC looking for knowledge and found so much more I found you and Ace I need nothing else.
This Purple Honduras and Panama fem and the Panama x Honduras are some of the best weed on the planet for cob curing, terpy, tasty and potent as all hell just love it. Big thanks to you brother i owe you big time.
You can see from the diary they had preflowers on the 4/11 so flowering would have started maybe a week before they are on steroids for sure.

Tangwena

Veteran
8 weeks flower

8 weeks flower

Here are the 3 girls after 7 weeks flowering.
They are all lightly seeded with both Panama x Honduras pollen and Honduras regular pollen donated by Sola a good friend.
A week ago we had a mini heat wave with temps in the grow box topping 40c for 3 days.
During that time the blumat drippers didn't supply enough nutes as they hadn't been adjusted properly and the plants got burnt and the shade leaves turned crispy seen in the first pic.
I flushed the coco with a 50% nute and double strength rizo tonic.
Then removed the majority of the burnt shade leaves.
A week on we are back in business thank goodness.
The next 4 or 5 days will see 40c plus temps in the grow box again but now the drippers are keeping up.

picture.php

picture.php

SolarLogos

Looking great Brother Tang, fat colas for week 7! They love your care for sure. So much hair on those and not much trimming it looks like, they will be killer cobs no doubt.
So glad the pollen was still viable after spending 3 weeks in the mail. You should have some new phenos to search through, hope you find more keepers to add to your cob collection!
Thanks for posting, your grows always inspire me to do better!
Have a blessed weekend,
Peace

Tangwena

Veteran
Looking great Brother Tang, fat colas for week 7! They love your care for sure. So much hair on those and not much trimming it looks like, they will be killer cobs no doubt.
So glad the pollen was still viable after spending 3 weeks in the mail. You should have some new phenos to search through, hope you find more keepers to add to your cob collection!
Thanks for posting, your grows always inspire me to do better!
Have a blessed weekend,
Peace
Your way to kind brother I look at them and think he's pushing them too much.
I got my first seed from your pollen yesterday!
I was watering them when one fell out of a calyx that was on the main stem the majority are enclosed in buddage as the buds have grown.
But a few were on the those initial hairs you get early on at the base of the stem that carries the main bud.
Nice and mature it was too the majority will probably fall off as they are hung to dry in 3 or 4 weeks time.
I have marked each branch with what was used to pollinate them so I should be able to keep them in a semblance of order.
All the buds will make primo killer chewing or smoking cobs I cant wait to cure them I feel I have this variety down pat as far as the curing goes. Its rocket fuel once aged ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Xmas 2018 harvest Panama x Honduras

Xmas 2018 harvest Panama x Honduras

Here is some aged cob from Xmas 2018 harvest of some Panama x Honduras nicely aged.
Check out the waxy surface of terp oils and resin and waxes this cob stinks like you wish the best sweet hashish would smell like.
Soaring euphoric trippy with a drunk on euphoria feeling for the first 4 hours then just high as a kite for another 4.
Chewed of course.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Then some super potent 2017 Xmas harvest Panama this will F---k you up big time a time and place high ha ha.

picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
You certainly don’t play around!
:bigeye: You’ll be cobbed up for a while mate. :yummy:
When they get to this age the quality really shines through whether its smoked or chewed.
The smoke will be smooth sweet and dense the highs that follow are in a different league to dry cured buds.
A lot more refined and deep clear and trippy.

MallardDuck

I have never tried a cob, but those things look look lethal.

Really cool Tang. Do those ochre orange shades usually show up after fermenting?

OZZ_

Veteran
Damn Tang! Very very fat ladies for their age. Looking great! I may have missed it but what light are you using, and what size of space?

Tangwena

Veteran
I have never tried a cob, but those things look look lethal.

Really cool Tang. Do those ochre orange shades usually show up after fermenting?
Hi my friend the colors deepen after aging vacuum sealed.

Below are pics of the same cobs freshly rolled
during sweating for 12 hours at 40c

during touch drying after sweating

after drying and sealing and curing for a month
and then after aging for about 6 months vacuum sealed.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Damn Tang! Very very fat ladies for their age. Looking great! I may have missed it but what light are you using, and what size of space?
Hi my friend I grow in a box in my roof space under a hot tin roof in the Aussie summer sun ha ha
the box is 1mtr x 1 mtr with 1 mtr of head room between the floor of the box and the lights.
2 x 240 watt Chinese copies of HLG samsung quantum boards i ordered them from Alibaba, half the price or less than the real deal USA made stuff.

So far so good they put out a good amount of light.
I previously used 2 x 375w CMH bulbs in a cool tube but the tube took up about 300mm more space, the QB led's being flat give me about 1mtr height to play with.
The buds grow dense but tests i did growing the same clones outside in the sun gave surprising results.
The buds were very different and so were the highs I prefer the sun grown highs and tastes but beggars cant be choosers ha ha.

Here the pics of clones of the same plant grown with same nutes, same soil one under leds and one under the sun.

picture.php
picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi my friend I grow in a box in my roof space under a hot tin roof in the Aussie summer sun ha ha
the box is 1mtr x 1 mtr with 1 mtr of head room between the floor of the box and the lights.
2 x 240 watt Chinese copies of HLG samsung quantum boards i ordered them from Alibaba, half the price or less than the real deal USA made stuff.

So far so good they put out a good amount of light.
I previously used 2 x 375w CMH bulbs in a cool tube but the tube took up about 300mm more space, the QB led's being flat give me about 1mtr height to play with.
The buds grow dense but tests i did growing the same clones outside in the sun gave surprising results.
The buds were very different and so were the highs I prefer the sun grown highs and tastes but beggars cant be choosers ha ha.

Here the pics of clones of the same plant grown with same nutes, same soil one under leds and one under the sun.

View Image View Image

Only one meter of height to work with? Even more impressive! Especially under a tin roof like that. Dang Tang ... you’ve got skills ;) :biggrin:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Here is some aged cob from Xmas 2018 harvest of some Panama x Honduras nicely aged.
Check out the waxy surface of terp oils and resin and waxes this cob stinks like you wish the best sweet hashish would smell like.
Soaring euphoric trippy with a drunk on euphoria feeling for the first 4 hours then just high as a kite for another 4.
Chewed of course.

View Image View Image View Image

Then some super potent 2017 Xmas harvest Panama this will F---k you up big time a time and place high ha ha.

View Image View Image

You know the authentic "poisons" from durban would be wrapped up in a piece of newspaper or magazine paper, in a finger called a "stop". Where they grow is extremely humid and you cant dry bud out properly in the humidity of Natal, the province durban is in...I remember getting them and unwrapping them and they looked pretty much like your turd of panama..It would cure up in the damp packaging to be very similar in form..

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Great thread. This sounds like one I'd really like based on pics and grow reports.
Hoping ACE can ship to my part of the world again soon.

Tangwena

Veteran
Only one meter of height to work with? Even more impressive! Especially under a tin roof like that. Dang Tang ... you’ve got skills ;) :biggrin:
No skills brother just good genetics they are looking a bit dog eared at the moment we are in the middle of another 40c plus heat wave with more to come.
It certainly brings out the resins and the terps they are stinking big time ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
You know the authentic "poisons" from durban would be wrapped up in a piece of newspaper or magazine paper, in a finger called a "stop". Where they grow is extremely humid and you cant dry bud out properly in the humidity of Natal, the province durban is in...I remember getting them and unwrapping them and they looked pretty much like your turd of panama..It would cure up in the damp packaging to be very similar in form..
I am familiar with the DP pencil sticks they were not cured like Malawi cobs though.
Still nice but not the same.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah for sure not the same as the cobs of which I have consumed many as well hahaha, but your turd of cobbed up bud....looks like some primo..and not dissimilar to how I remember unwrapping stoppe in late 90's and the DP used to look..All good, all round ;) Enjoy those buddy...You deserve it!