What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Some Autoflower Fun - 3x3 600w HPS Coco DTW

Oddity

Hello there, name's Oddity. :tiphat:

It's been eight long years since I've last grown and it's great to be back! Nothing too exciting here, just wanted to share and keep track. Plus I don't talk much so this is one way to remedy that. I'll be going back to photoperiods after this first run - I know this is a lot of light for four autos, but my very first grow 11 years ago was with autoflowers and it's a bit symbolic for me. Anyways, on to the fun!

The setup is 600w HPS, coco dtw with head's formula and some extras.

Strains I'm running are FastBuds Gelato auto (x2), West Coast OG auto, and Seedsman Amnesia auto.

Plants were started under 220w of 6500k T5s until 7/1 when the HPS went in, starting 24" away from canopy, moving an inch closer every day for now.

Start Dates:
Gelato - 6/11
West Coast OG - 6/15
Amnesia - 6/22

I used coco for some bonsai moms way back, but I was bad with seedlings then and that hasn't changed... :biglaugh: I should probably do some foliar feeding to help with that from now on. Started the grow with a faulty pH meter and the pH for the Gelato was too low for most of the first week, though that didn't seem to slow them down much.

Oddity

Originally it was meant to be 2x of the Gelato and 2x WCOG, however of the three WCOGI sprouted, all had one bad cotyledon and were stunted because of it. The other two were much worse off. I know there's mixed reviews on FastBuds, though I believe this has to do with Seedsman actually - when I purchased the seeds I got the last of the WCOG, but the first shipment never made it, so the replacement they sent must have been some old (potentially poorly stored?) stock. Maybe someone can clarify on why all three seeds had a bad cotyledon for me?

Oddity

Here's a quick rundown up to this point...

Plants were started under 220w of 6500k T5s until 7/1 when the HPS went in, starting 24" away from canopy, moving an inch closer every day for now. Previously under the T5 lights temps were 80-85F and 55-65% RH. Under the HPS I have a/c going and a humidifier in the tent for 77F and 57%.

6/22

6/25
For the most part I'm just letting these autos grow out on their own, but with the Gelato I topped them at the 5th node. Unfortunately I fudged it up pretty good haha.

Woops!

Oddity

6/28

while there's damage to some leaves from my fat thumbs, it still grew.

7/1

just showing some damage all grown out for reference as some of it can look like pest damage.

Oddity

7/3
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
picture.php

Gelato #1

picture.php
picture.php

Gelato #2

picture.php

picture.php

Oddity

7/3

WCOG

picture.php

West Coast OG - I didn't want to mess around with nutrients just for her so I've been trying to feed her what the Gelato's get, but the ppm's got too high for her and she's got flimsy stems from it. Lowering her ppm levels.

Amnesia
picture.php

Amnesia is starting to show mag deficiency.

Oddity

7/8

picture.php

Plenty to do as far as getting things dialed in and getting used to coco, especially with young plants. After the stunted WCOG causing me to have different feedings needed I didn't do the best job of gradually increasing ppm's, but overall for the first run I'm happy so far.

Gelato #1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oddity

She's the only one showing preflowers (with pistils at least) so far. I imagine the other Gelato is right behind.

picture.php

picture.php

Gelato #2

picture.php

picture.php

Oddity

West Coast OG

picture.php

picture.php

Being stunted early has left her set to be a tiny, bushy thing of bud (hopefully)... won't yield too much, but I still look forward to it nonetheless. Sometimes your root for the runts.

Amnesia

picture.php
picture.php

Oddity

A few notes...

Temp 80F
Humidity 61%

Gelato mix is currently (per gal)
2.5ml armor (silicon)
5ml calimagic

2.8ml micro
4.5ml bloom
5ml diamond nectar

diluted down to 550ppm with calmag water (380ppm, 5ml calimagic, 80ppm tap water)

pH 5.9

WCOG/Amnesia mix is currently (per gal)
same, but 1/2 the micro and bloom, 415ppm no dilution needed.

Oddity

Early for an update, just something for me to reference later.

7/10

picture.php

some very light defoliation and a little tucking on the Gelato to open up some of the lower bud sites, especially in the middle.

Both the Gelato grow and react like they're sharing the same roots. #1 looks a little fuller though, and #2 is just copying her big sis.

picture.php

Gelato #2 is really trying to show her bits. I imagine pistils will be there tomorrow.

they're getting 585ppm now @ 5.9 - I imagine anything above 600 they get will be from liquid koolbloom next week, though that may change as the WCOG/Amnesia are responding to 3ml/g of calimagic so I can probably lower the calmag on the Gelato as well.

Oddity

Everything looks good so far. Keep going.

Thanks for stopping by. Always appreciated :thank you:

7/14

picture.php

Gelato #1

picture.php

picture.php

Gelato #2

picture.php

Used the mirror for a couple angles. Apologies for the dirty mirror - that was from before I changed my humidifier and I still need to wipe the minerals from tap water off it.

They've been on 18/6 for a few days now as the Gelato were going to sleep extra early, also feeding 2x daily now.

The West Coast OG i've just been feeding whatever I give the Amnesia and just letting it do it's own thing. Since it was stunted from the beginning with the bad cotyledon it never really gained a decent root system.

Amnesia is doing well - nice strong plant, but pretty limited in its potential size. Didn't expect her to grow so much like an indica, either.

I'll try and see about taking some picture in better lighting soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts