What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PURE THC for three bucks a gram? By D Gold

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
In my collection of cannabis books I have one by d. Gold and the same title by David Hoye Are they the same person or another author continued the work?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
There are guys getting 98-99% pure d8 using hcl

What do you say about he first intermediate between CBD and D9 being 9A-OH-HHC

Well now if some information is being held back and this is not the typical HCl isomerization and the target is 9-chloro, this becomes possible with base treatment. Strong base giving d8, stronger giving a mix of d8 and d9, and strongest gives pure d9 in very high yield.

Gry

In my collection of cannabis books I have one by d. Gold and the same title by David Hoye Are they the same person or another author continued the work?
They are the same individual. Same gentleman also put out the iso series
of extraction devices which were at one time available in the back of High Times.
Had an iso2 with the additional vacuum filter package some time in the mid to late seventies, was an impressive device.
Have waited for years to learn more of the man behind it, and the books.
Now Grey Wolf has him hooked up with his own column on that delightful new site.
Reading his new content there was like found treasure.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Hmm a how is this going to be used against me puzzler.

Pushing buttons.

Making money for other people.

Nothing where prior experience is needed or desired.

I'm open to suggestions, but not aware of much opportunity for uneducated autist-stoners with a history of arrests and lame jobs with lame companies, hobby chemist or no.

What knowledge I have costs me money. My current project is homemade chromatography adsorbents and filter aids, sucking bongs, drinking coffee, and posting here. Probably without a basement to experiment in soon.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Is purified d9 extracted from hemp legal? DEA surely feels that the 1968 ban on all tetrahydrocannabinols is intact, above 0.3%.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

As Gry notes, the same author and inventor of the ISO-1, 2, 3, and 4.

A salute to him as one of my original mentors through his books and delighted to have him as a guest author on GL.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I bought a Delta-8-THC vape cartridge in Prohibitionland Virginia.
I hate cartridges but I left home in an emergency and didn't bring flower. Stopped at a bong store later and grabbed a 700mg cart for $39.
It was well worth the price just for the fact that I snuck hits out of it for four days in a hospital and no one ever knew. Very discreet. Smells like air freshener though. Disgusting and probably unhealthy, but you do what you gotta do.
Anybody else try Delta-8?
Thoughts?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Is there a Delta-8-THCa?
And it must become decarboxylated to be psychoactive just like Delta-9-THC?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Yes and it can be synthesized if there was some demand, but it would be expensive. There are two just as there are two d9-THCA's.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yes and it can be synthesized if there was some demand, but it would be expensive. There are two just as there are two d9-THCA's.

You mean there are two d9-thc's right? D9thca and d9thc?
And then
D8thca and d8thc?
Are there different delta cbds? Or THCV's?

Sorry for all the questions but I figured I should take advantage of the situation while I can. Lol

G.O. Joe

Veteran
CO2 can be added to either side next to the n-pentyl tail, or whatever length tail, just as the double bond in all the different THC's can be at different locations by shifting hydrogen here and there. Of course the same can happen with CBD, the CBD that corresponds to d8-THC is d6-CBD.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
CO2 can be added to either side next to the n-pentyl tail, or whatever length tail, just as the double bond in all the different THC's can be at different locations by shifting hydrogen here and there. Of course the same can happen with CBD, the CBD that corresponds to d8-THC is d6-CBD.

Thank you for that! D6cbd.
Google was giving it up.
More to read

Latest posts

Latest posts