What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adviece about getting a closed loop system

99.99 thca

Hello guys ive been reading Wolf, Pangeaand you for a long time.

Already im looking for getting a good one. (2-5 Lb, bi directional, inline dewaxer, etc...)

Could you help me a little un this thread? For sure more people have the same questions.

The problem is that the info on the forum looks really older, i mean there are plenty of info on 2014 2015 but not actually...

Thanks you, means a lot for me.

Big M

Run your cls cold enough and you should be able to avoid the dewaxing step altogether. Look for something with a jacketed spool, jacketed collection pot with a splatter platter and two sight glasses, stainless injection coil, a mol-seive on the recovery line, and swagelok valves. The injection coil will have to be in a dry ice slurry. Closed jackets with fittings vs open jackets are nice; you can pump fluid from a chiller through the jacket to keep temps nice n stable. Make sure you have enough chiller capacity or enough dry ice slurry to keep things as cold as possible, like -40 or colder for the cleanest extract.

Then consider your recovery process. Are you going to recover solvent actively with a pump, or passively with heat and cold? Your solvent blend will affect recovery speed, as well as operating pressure and max pressure. Make sure you know what kind of pressure your solvent will produce at operating temp and ambient temp, then make sure your system is safe for much higher than expected pressures. If you choose to run super cold, like -60 to -80c, you'll have to build pressure to get things moving. If you are running passively, that pressure usually comes in the form of a nitrogen assist, or from warm solvent vapor. If running actively, the recovery pump can be used to build pressure and get things moving.

I'm sure I could think of a bunch more stuff. I'll keep my first post here short. A lot has changed in the last couple years, plenty more to discuss!