What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

rosin oil on a cigarette

EsterEssence

Veteran
After i made the oil how should i use hot knives to use the oil? Thank you

You heat up two butter knives until they are red hot put a drop on one of the knives and take the other knife and push the hot knives together and inhale the smoke that comes off, it is way easier with at least two people...

Movingtree

You heat up two butter knives until they are red hot put a drop on one of the knives and take the other knife and push the hot knives together and inhale the smoke that comes off, it is way easier with at least two people...

I am also new to this, found this thread interesting... But even if I was reading some other forums, I have never heard of this way to smoke. Very interesting, thank you for sharing.

Rico Swazi

we only heated one knife and put a small drop from a pin on the other then pressed it onto the hot knife. Sometimes straight from the pin now that I think back on those glory days. Friends dad was a welder, we used his torch and held the knife in a vise making the process a one man show and a bit safer.

On that note, I suggest using a magnet or clamps to hold the knife securely at a comfortable height. I use a rare earth magnet under the spoon I made on top a can for easy access . (see pic)

I also found using a thinner paring knife for transferring the oil doesn't cool the knife (spoon) as much as a larger knife will. A water bottle with the bottom cut out for a straw can be used instead of a paper roll but do not let it come in contact with flame or knife while inhaling, stuff is just nasty IME.

in short, secure the knife and use the tiniest of dabs until the effects are known. Same with eating rosin oil or hash. Start slow til you know. Good luck all :tiphat:

ozzieAI

Veteran
this...

we only heated one knife and put a small drop from a pin on the other then pressed it onto the hot knife. Sometimes straight from the pin now that I think back on those glory days.

Cmoon

In the 70s we used kitchen knives and a paper towell tube as the straw. Never used spoons as they took too long to heat up.
my hot knife setup consists of a surgical steel chisel ground down to a spoon shape, narrowed the neck to keep the heat at the spoon
heated with a torch to red hot then let cool for a bit as I have found better flavor with cooler temps.
I use a paring knife dipped in the oil for the apllicator and 1/2 inch dia polycarbonate tubing for the straw . I suggest those new to this to start with a safety pin for the tiniest of drops till you figure out the amount of smoke it produces and the amount you can comfortably inhale without choking. Waste not want not.

pic one shows my setup I use today

the oil in the jar is my edible oil but I'll smoke it once in a while since the amnesia honey oil is the first to go.

pic two shows the oil I prefer to smoke, amnesia haze frozen then quick 2 min EtOH extraction

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79870&pictureid=2023375View Image

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79870&pictureid=2023376View Image

hope that helps :tiphat:

some cool oldskool brother:tiphat:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Cool post. Old volcano, that needs that elec nail used for a heated material chamber, to work in conjunction with the heated air.

That describes the Hybrid, and the clear whip I have ran a couple P's through already, is still clean. Your lungs are on the receiving end of that vapor...

On the other hand...

KO_V-2_Domeless_Nail_on_Skunk_Pipe.jpg