What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northen Lights Auto "Stay at Home" Grow

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Glad you asked, I actually ended up cutting it right after that picture. It grows fast.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I really don't think I will be running these Northern Lights Autos again. I've had nothing but trouble with these so far. The Royal Queens Seeds NL on the left has nickle sized buds. They don't seem to be getting any bigger either. It took this plant a while to flower, so maybe I'll get something off of it. The Female Seeds NL in the middle is the only one that is acting right. It started flowering at about four or five weeks. The buds have stopped stretching and are staring to fill in, but there is very little frost on any of this plant. Finally the elephant in the room, the Royal Queens Seed NL on the right is still not flowering. I topped it again out of spite and yelled at it to make it start flowering. I've thought about culling the NL on the right and putting my mother plants in there. Then using my small tent to clone my mother plants.
picture.php

El Tigre

Hi Reiko, omg time pass really fast, last time i check this thread they were just seedlings.
I'm sorry that the plants are giving you problems, I suspect that the elephant will never bloom if you do not change the photoperiod...
I'm not sure what you will decide to do, personally i won't grow auto NL from those banks for sure.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So, the other day I was chatting with Mr.Sparkle about what I should do with this NL !Auto. In the end, I decided to change the light schedule to 12/12, but also increase the wattage of the lamp to maintain a similar DLI. After two 12 hour nights, I like the way the plants are progressing. The RQS NL on the left is building more budsites. The Female Seeds NL in the middle is filling in buds and praying to the lights. Even the RQS on the right
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Northern Lights Autos are continuing to respond well to 12/12 light schedule. The RQS on the left is starting to elongate the tiny buds into something more substantial. The Female Seeds in the middle is fattening up and starting to get some frost. And the RQS !auto on the right is looking like it may start to develop some more pistils, I flopped the two tallest branches again to even put the canopy.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Northern Lights Autos are at about 64 days from germination now. The Female Seeds NL in the middle is starting to finish up, the pistils are turning brown and the leaves are starting to fade. The Royal Queen Seeds NL on the left is flowering well now. The buds are bulking up and even look like they may have a bit of purple to them as they mature. Finally the Royal Queen Seeds !Auto on the right is finally starting to flower after about 10 days of 12/12.
picture.php

I also had a few extra Zak Haze clones that I decided to just throw in the flower tent. I'm just curious how much I can get out of a 4.5" pot and 12/12 from a rooted clone. I'm hoping for 3-5 grams each. They are in a, somewhat hot, water only mix.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The NL Autos are doing okay right now. I noticed some thrips damage on a few of the leaves. Not much I can do for the two that are heavy in flower, but I sprayed the !Auto on the right since it has only been flowering for about a week or so. I really only gave these a single IPM spray and I brought in some outside dirt. Since I sprayed right before lights off, we have a lights off picture today.
picture.php

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Northern Lights Autos are at about 64 days from germination now. The Female Seeds NL in the middle is starting to finish up, the pistils are turning brown and the leaves are starting to fade. The Royal Queen Seeds NL on the left is flowering well now. The buds are bulking up and even look like they may have a bit of purple to them as they mature. Finally the Royal Queen Seeds !Auto on the right is finally starting to flower after about 10 days of 12/12.
View Image

I also had a few extra Zak Haze clones that I decided to just throw in the flower tent. I'm just curious how much I can get out of a 4.5" pot and 12/12 from a rooted clone. I'm hoping for 3-5 grams each. They are in a, somewhat hot, water only mix.
View Image

The three plants look good. heard a lot positive things about northern lights. good luck.

Sayan

I like how the left one looks. Seems to produce quite a bit. The three phenotypes are looking very different

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I like how the left one looks. Seems to produce quite a bit. The three phenotypes are looking very different

Thanks, the middle one is a different breeder (Female Seeds) and is about done. Not as much bud as I would have hoped from a 5-gallon pot, but I should get 2-3 ounces off her. The one on the left is Royal Queen Seeds, and looks like it will produce pretty well too, I'm guessing she has another 2-3 weeks still. The one on the right is also from Rpyal Queen Seeds, but didnt auto flower. She should produce well, she's only been under 12/12 lighting for about 10 days.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Female Seeds NL Auto is just about done after 10 weeks since germination. After about five and half weeks of 20 hours of light, this was the only one to start flowering so I reduced the light to 18 hours of light. Another couple of weeks later, I switched the lighting to 12 hours of light, but I also increased the intensity a little bit. I probably could have gotten a lot better yield had I left them on 20 hours of light, but the RQS were simply not flowering. So I decided to increase the yield on two plants while decreasing the yield on this one. Hoping to get a couple of ounces from her.
picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Female Seeds Norther Lights Auto is done after about 11 weeks from seed germination. Yield suffered a because I had to lower the lights to 12/12 for the last three weeks. The smell is nice, but almost identical to the WWxBB testers I grew. Otherwise, it was a very easy plant to grow and was a moderate to light feeder.
picture.php

That gives a little more room for the others to spread out a bit. The two big plants left are Royal Queen Seeds Northern Lights Autos. The one on the left looks like it is wants to start senescence, I would guess another 2-3 weeks for that one. The big one on the right is about three weeks since I flipped them to 12/12, so I would expect at least another 6-8 weeks. I noticed new thrips damage in on the Zak Haze, they are due for another spray of spinosad anyway.
picture.php

Deke

I have 8 plants in my grow, and I have a Ripleys OG x 3 Bears auto that was at 6.5 weeks and nothing. So I took her out and put her.in a dark place for the past several nights. Shes showing pistils now. I'm going to keep doing that for at least another four or five days. Even though others have told me that once it starts it's good to go. I hope so cuz I grow on my autos under a 24-hour light schedule. We'll see all I know is it's the biggest Auto I've ever grown it takes up almost a quarter of my grow space it's huge.
Your plants are looking good.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Northern Lights plants are continuing to grow well. The one on the left is definitely doing better than I expected it to when it first started flowering. I don't think the switch to 12/12 hurt the yield at all, in fact I think it helped it. The one on the right is has been on 12/12 for about three weeks now and is definitely flowering now.
picture.php