What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northen Lights Auto "Stay at Home" Grow

techattack

Nicely done. Why not more plants? I am from the time where we'd use square pots fitting like 20 or more on that space (it gives much more work) but its cool to have less plants, speacilly if they are autoflower or we give much more vegetative. Will follow this one.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Had to chop and drop the cover crop today. Gave them plain water today.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Northern Lights autos are growing bigger by the day. The Female Seeds NL auto (middle) is flowering now, buds are forming. The Royal Queens Seeds NL autos are showing no signs of sex yet, let alone flowering. They all got plain water again today.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Northern Lights autos are continuing to grow happy and healthy. The Female Seeds NL (center) is continuing to flower nicely. The buds are beginning to form and elongate. The Royal Queens Seeds NLs (left and right) still are showing no signs of flowering under 20 hours of light. I have lowered the daylight hours to 18 hours in hopes of getting them to initiate flowering. For reference, these plants are about five weeks from germination. I also, looking back at my notes, noticed one of the RQS NL was missing a cotyledon, I bet I know which one it was.
picture.php

The leaves on the right RQS NL are pretty good sized. Too bad I already have a cannagar rolled up, it sure would make a good wrapping or emergency TP.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Another couple of days of LITFA and the RQS on the left is showing signs of flowering now under the 18/6 light schedule.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Female Seeds plant in the center is doing well. The Royal Queen Seeds plant on the left has begun to flower, while the one on the right looks like it may be showing signs of flowering.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My plants are kind of like my life right now. All over the place. The RQS NL Auto on the left is short and branchy, but has begun to flower. I don't expect much stretch from it. The Female Seeds NL Auto in the middle is done stretching and should be filling in some buds soon, but it is a bit on the thinner leafed side. Not exactly what I would call a NL looking plant. Finally the problem child RQS NL Auto on the right got topped a good 6-8 inches, mostly out of spite. She does have a few pistils popping up here and there, but nothing I would call a flower yet.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Northern Lights Autos are at about seven weeks since breaking the soil. The Royal Queen Seeds NL plant on the left is flowering now, it has very small buds starting to develop. The Female Seeds NL plant in the middle is flowering, thought the buds also look very thin and wispy. Finally the Royal Queen Seeds NL plant on the right is still not flowering after I topped it. It may need more training, not sure what I'll do. Options include killing it like @Mr.Sparkle would, switching the whole tent to 12/12 to get it to flower, or letting it grow until the other two are harvested, then flip it to 12/12. I may do the last one, but by then it will have taken over most of the tent.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I decided to flop over the tops of the NL !Auto on the right. I broke one stem and cracked another moving too fast. Oh well, LITFA will fix that. While I was doing maintenance, I chopped the cover crop again. Especially had to chop the vetch, it has a way of climbing up the plants and will wrap around buds and leaves. I also watered them with an aloe/coconut tea.
picture.php