What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CO2 home set up

can anyone suggest me or link me about how to set up CO2 extractor home edition ??

i read somewhere about JYNX or something like that, but i found really few info.

in deep i only would like to know What Do I Need (instruments) to build a quite efficient CO2 extractor ?

i am not interested to have a big machine that occupy a lot of space, i would like something smaller to store in a box after and before use.

thx

deadkndys

There's one in the market but it's not closed loop. It's name eludes me ATM. I'm sure someone knows which one I'm talking about. There's also a home ethanol extractor called 'extract craft'.

PDX Dopesmoker

Dry ice hash is a pretty affordable form of home CO2 extraction. Anyone ever tried making water hash with club soda instead of water? You can chill it below 32ºF and its self-agitating, might work pretty nicely.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, One third of the previous one seems more affordable but still too much for my pockets...looking for something cheaper or if i can i would like to build by my self or to buy separately pieces i need

Therein lies the chagrin. You can build a passive system, but would be severely limited in product choice, and not be able to make pristine museum quality concentrates to marvel your friends.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/affordable-diy-co2-extraction/

An active system with a liquid pump and three or so fractionating chambers, cuts to the chase on better product capabilities, but alas they aren't cheeeep, which is why I lost interest with DIY CO2.

There is no such thing as an affordable home c02 extractor IMHO. Buy a mini terp and extract outside in a pop up with some fans. You don't want to play with the weight and high pressure of c02 system. They are heavy duty!

MrBungle

if you are looking for a solvent-less extract that isn't dry sift or bubble... why not try rosin?

I'm also sorta curious about Graywolf's thoughts on Rosin...

Mini Terp ? can u say some more?? if it is related with BHO i would like to avoid the risk or at least use ALL proper securities

edit: i saw Terpp extractors, if u were referring to them

Last edited:
if you are looking for a solvent-less extract that isn't dry sift or bubble... why not try rosin?

Graywolf inspire us a lot!
i am looking to extract oils for edibles (specially for sublingual tinctures) and for topicals too.

am not intersted at all in anyhting related with smoke/combustion

i used some dry-sift / kief, but i was wondering about CO2 if cleaner and more efficient (or powered)

if Rosin is take from BHO it sounds dangerous to me,
if from hair straighteners seems a bit waste

CO2, as i read, seems better and safer in almost any way to me.

but am always open to know more

MrBungle

rosin is oils produced from plant material whether it is flower, trim, kief, or bubble hash, by adding heat and pressure to release the oils from the plant material... no butane or co2 involved

B4URTIME

I second the rosin, If your looking to make oil for edibles and tinctures and such, you will be Decarbing the oils at high heat anyways, Rosin is your best bet because its solvent free extract. Get you a rosin press, press the rosin out, decarb it and your ready to go. Rosin can be made with hair straigtener but it can also be done with a professional style press, or a diy press.

I second the rosin, If your looking to make oil for edibles and tinctures and such, you will be Decarbing the oils at high heat anyways, Rosin is your best bet because its solvent free extract. Get you a rosin press, press the rosin out, decarb it and your ready to go. Rosin can be made with hair straigtener but it can also be done with a professional style press, or a diy press.

oooh sorry..it is clear that i have no clear ideas about extracts

learning everyday

but from what i understood, i would like to avoid rosin presses for 2 reasons mainly :
1 is bcz to do in the best way is not enough to have a 30 dollars hair straightener...u need some hundreds.
2nd and most important reason bcz u waste and damage material even more than others ways.

i know it is quick and quite easy..but does not fit for me

so if i have to do it or i use my old fashion qwet (cheap) or i could spend some hundreds of bucks (even 1k) to have one of the best extractions possible...and now am trying to investigate C02

Dry ice hash is a pretty affordable form of home CO2 extraction. Anyone ever tried making water hash with club soda instead of water? You can chill it below 32ºF and its self-agitating, might work pretty nicely.

intersting to read about club soda water...how is work for u? does it influence the flavour?

never made Dry Ice one, but does not sound so bad...how it works with edibles ?? what about decarb it or others info ?

edit: actually i did not realize properly that dry ice is a form of CO2...am so dunkey

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I like Rosin. Haven't had any that was bad, and like most extracts, some better than others.

Certainly low risk and low equipment entry cost!