What's new

Thanksgiving day Tincture, 8 doubts! need advices

Hi chefs,
i need all ur experience to make Tincture to share with friends for thanksgiving day and for christmas time.

i read a lot about it and saw many videos on the net but still i have big lacks of correct procedures about it.

my goal is to make a safe coconut sublingual tincture mixed with cannabis oil (alchool extractions) made by different strains (CBD too).

Regarding the cannabis oil i could use alchool extraction, specifically QWET, thinking that is better bcz u can have less green and wax in there, but i am ready to listen all your suggestions.

to evaporate alchool i thought it is better the cold and slow way that is just sit the liquid in pyrex and with the help of a fan wait until all alchool is gone, but still suggest me the best!

here my list of doubts :

1. to filter the oil should i use a 25 micron sieve or a coffefilter ?
(to me coffefilters it absorb a bit, but i saw many people do like this)

2. do i have to decarb all my weeds even kief before to infuse with alc? and in that case should i make kief before or after decarb? i know decarb is important but i ask these bcz i saw some RAW extractions and some well cured extractions without any decarb on them.

3. vaped buds are still USEFULL to make oil?? i ask bcz i know that right decarb is 125c/250F for 25 minutes, but my buds were vaped until 196c/385F for 5 minutes.

4. what about Escherichia coli, Salmonella or Staphylococcus aureus ?
how to be sure to create a safe product for human consumption ?

5. after QWET do i need winterization for waxes and others ?

6. how to dose a proper ratio between oil (made by alc extr) and coconut oil ? i know in average buds has 10% of thc (generally speaking) but what about oil or even kief? how can i use the right ratio ? very confused about!

7. how to mix them? should i warm coconut oil and then add oil extracted, how much and for how long?
[/font][/size][/font]
8. i have a small jar of AVB/ABV, a small jar of 8 months well cured trim (from where i can take out some grams of nice kief), a really small jar of fresh [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CBD trim (from which i can take out some nice fresh trim)...what would u do?? make a unique alchool extraction or do them separately ??

hope in some good advice !:thank you:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hi, i dont have a lot exp in oil but try to help..

use coffefilter it takes more time but gonna be clean..loses..Y can rollup that filter.. ;) and better use unvaped buds.. ;) when Y want to connect oil with alcohol.. it need to be hot, boiling point for alcohol have 78,37 °C, smoke point for cocooil 185–205°C.. Y need that temperature when alcohol vaps, like in cooking meal.. I hope help..

:tiphat:

Thx for ur help

So it seems better to avoid that cofeefilter ...is it right?? Because they absorb a bit
When i wanna mix coconut oil and oil extraction the alchool is already gone (by the long cold air 3 days)

.. Escherichia coli dies after 20min in 60°C, Salmonella die in 60-65°C,
Staphylococcus aureus is tricki bastard.. y cant kill that when Y boiling them for 30 min, Y need something antiseptic like European barberry, cloves, garlic, walnut, black walnut grapefruit.. if Y eat that stuff it cant touch You..

:wave:

So besides ur words the first 2 die during the decarboxylation, for the third one...how to do?

Let's try to make the point and reduce the number of my doubts to see if someone feel encouraged to write here and share the knowledge or help who needs.

so , with a deeper research and with a little help from a private message let's try to figure out :

1. SOLVED
to filter the oil should i use a 25 micron sieve or a coffefilter ?
(to me coffefilters it absorb a bit, but i saw many people do like this)

COFFEEFILTERS ABSORB TOO MUCH, SO SHOUL BE HELPY A LITTLE PIECE OF SILK OR A 25 MICRON SIEVE

2. PARTIALLY SOLVED
do i have to decarb all my weeds even kief before to infuse with alc? and in that case should i make kief before or after decarb? i know decarb is important but i ask these bcz i saw some RAW extractions and some well cured extractions without any decarb on them. DECARB IS ESSENTIAL BUT STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND IF I CAN DO IT AFTER THE ALC EXTRACTION...REGARDING DECARB I GOT A GREAAAT SUGGESTION ABOUT ACID CITRIC, SEEMS THE BEST WAY TO DO IT!

3. NOT SOLVED
vaped buds are still USEFULL to make oil?? i ask bcz i know that right decarb is 125c/250F for 25 minutes, but my buds were vaped until 196c/385F for 5 minutes.
STILL I DUNNO IF AVB SHOULD BE CONSIDERED DECARBED OR EVEN IF IT IS USEFULL OR NOT

4. HOPE SOLVED
what about Escherichia coli, Salmonella or Staphylococcus aureus ?
how to be sure to create a safe product for human consumption ?

SEEMS TO HAVE NO EVIDENCE IN WHAT I AM GOING TO DO

5. SOLVED
after QWET do i need winterization for waxes and others ?
I DO NOT NEED IT IF I WANT TO EAT THAT OIL...IT IS CALLED FULL PLANT EXTRACT :)

6. SOLVED
how to dose a proper ratio between oil (made by alc extr) and coconut oil ? i know in average buds has 10% of thc (generally speaking) but what about oil or even kief? how can i use the right ratio ? very confused about!
THERE ARE MANY POINTS-OF-VIEW ONLINE BUT MAINLY FOR SAFETY IS KNOWN THAT IT IS BETTER TO USE AROUND 10 MILLIGRAM PER SERVING....5 FOR BEGINNERS

7. SOLVED
how to mix them? should i warm coconut oil and then add oil extracted, how much and for how long?
[/font][/size][/font]
THERE ARE NO WRITTEN RULES ABOUT IT (OR AT LEAST I DID NOT FIND THEM) BUT SEEMS THAT IS ENOUGH TO WARM COCONUT OIL JUST A BIT BEFORE TO ADD ALC EXTRACTION...NEED REALLY LOW TEMPERATURES

8. OBVIOUSLY SOLVED
i have a small jar of AVB/ABV, a small jar of 8 months well cured trim (from where i can take out some grams of nice kief), a really small jar of fresh CBD trim (from which i can take out some nice fresh trim)...what would u do?? make a unique alchool extraction or do them separately ?? IT IS UP TO OUR TASTE...I COULD MIX ALL THEM TOGETHER OR NOT...IT DEPENDS HOW MUCH THC/CBD U WANT INSIDE

happy thanksgiving day !

Last edited:
i try to make clear the points for future religiuos ones readers

point 2 : DECARBOXYLATION

for the purpose of a tincture the decarb is a must, bcz it activate "the good ones".

if u use alc extr u need decarb at 125c/250f for 25 minutes (if u do before the alc. wash..but if u do later really i dunno)
if u add acid citric u do not need to decarb, it occurs naturally

but now i am trying to understand which way is better between alchool extraction (preferebly QWET) and Acid Citric...anyone would like to share their experience about it ? which way is more effective ?

online u can see many kinds of Alc. Extract., QWET seems good (to me) for a tincture purposes bcz mainly does not remove so much Chlorophyll (that in some way "ruins" the taste even if later melted in coconut oil)
about the time i would like to apply 2 wash of 30" each of same material using new alc.
The percentage of Alc used as meenstruum will be 96% for the extractions (but it works also with lowwer alc percentage);
after the 2 bath i would like to use the already washed trim (AWT...probably a neologism) to infuse directly in some coconut oil to make some TOPICALS too (but let dry from alc first)...and still i did not understand if i can use Raw, Cured or Vaped Buds to wash in alc and if i can decarb before or after the alc wash

about Acid Citric there is not so much online, but mainly it seems that "burns" a bit the material (damaging it in that way) even if it saves some aroma and efficiency, compared to other extractions, but there are really few info about it with proven and debated argumentations...so it is hard to say for me what is right and what is wrong. i dont even know what will be the effect on Raw, Cured or Vaped Buds.
it seems easier if the material it is Kief (from cured ones), or if even come from QWET non-previously-decarbed

Here in IcMag we have a lot of people really well trained in such things ...hope some day we can "explore" more with their help.

Last edited:
to continue this soliloquy and leave some readings to the same (or even new) religious ones readers :) i share what i understood about : vaped buds

it seems they are partially or full decarb if used at my temps (5 minutes of increasing heating from 180c/360f to 195c/385f ...just the use i do of vaporizer) but without news,posts or talks about it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to see if Fullly decarbed or not and if contain only CBD or some THC (mostly evaporated from vaporizer in my understandig) and how much still left in (?)....here i am still in the darkest darkness dark !

Last edited:
Updating :
Bcz of unsure decarb level of AVB i choose to decarb all of them (avb, fresh one and cured one) AFTER THE ALC EXTRACTION directly in hot coconut oil until the fizz is gone.

Thx for all ur suggestions