What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Measuring correct mg amount for capsules

deadkndys

So I've been thinking of making some coconut oil based caps. But I am unsure about measuring the correct amount so each cap has about 200 mg per cap?
Is it easier or better using say bho rather then buds?

corky1968

Veteran
Weigh out 1 gram and split that equally among 5 capsules.

1 gram = 1000 milligrams

1000 milligrams/5 capsules = 200 milligrams/capsule

:tiphat:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Weigh out 1 gram and split that equally among 5 capsules.

1 gram = 1000 milligrams

1000 milligrams/5 capsules = 200 milligrams/capsule

:tiphat:

That would be correct, if the BHO/extract was 100% THC . I usually figure about 70%.

corky1968

Veteran
Well if it's only 70% then you have to add more to compensate.

Use 4 capsules with the 1 gram of BHO then and it will be pretty close.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How strong of a dose is that 200 -250 MG per cap ? what would the effects be on an average stoner ?
i didn't do well with edibles .... felt like i was tripping .but i'm looking for something to knock me out at night . i'm about ready to make a batch of RSO & was wondering about caps .

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
How strong of a dose is that 200 -250 MG per cap ? what would the effects be on an average stoner ?
i didn't do well with edibles .... felt like i was tripping .but i'm looking for something to knock me out at night . i'm about ready to make a batch of RSO & was wondering about caps .

I made some chocolates that were about that strength. Everyone who tried them(average to above average smokers) got destroyed. Reports of people hallucinating, puking, being fucked up for 2 days. Not enjoyable for most people I know. They were even to much for me.

I've been eating caps that are between 25mg-35mg every night for over a month. I still get a great buzz from them. At first mornings were rough, and I usually went back to bed. But now I have a little tolerance to them, I wake up refreshed. I can eat one during the day and not have to take a nap.

Remember you can always take another if the first doesn't hit the spot. But you can't un-take a large dose, lol.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I made some chocolates that were about that strength. Everyone who tried them(average to above average smokers) got destroyed. Reports of people hallucinating, puking, being fucked up for 2 days. Not enjoyable for most people I know. They were even to much for me.

I've been eating caps that are between 25mg-35mg every night for over a month. I still get a great buzz from them. At first mornings were rough, and I usually went back to bed. But now I have a little tolerance to them, I wake up refreshed. I can eat one during the day and not have to take a nap.

Remember you can always take another if the first doesn't hit the spot. But you can't un-take a large dose, lol.

Thanx Doubletripple :tiphat:

that description was pretty accurate to what happened to me too .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
how are you measuring out 25 mg per cap ? gotta be about the size of a head of a pin . if a gram is 1000mg .
sounds about the same dose that rick simpson says to start off with when using it medicinally .

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Mine numbers are rough estimates. I use a measured amount of BHO, then make the caps. I do the math after I know how many caps I have. Then do the math, with the 70% figure I have and go from there.

For instance, 2 grams of BHO @ 70% purity is 1400mg. Lets say I make 50 caps, so that means they are roughly 28 mg each.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Like DoubleTripleOG said...

Like DoubleTripleOG said...

200mg should kick your a$$. :party: my sleep dose is about 60mg

I eat 60mg Indica CanaCookies before bed. For the uninitiated I tell them to try 1/2 a cookie and wait an hour. Don't drive :biggrin:

300mg would be a high dose and would take a while to build up tolerance. I would only expect Cancer patients to use this high of a dose (3X300mg a day).

Just my $0.02

Latest posts

Latest posts