What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dabbers...Let's have a discussion...

Anything

Post up your dabbers and what you do and don't like about them...

I'm trying to build myself the ultimate dabber and I've run into quirks with everything I've tried...the good old paper clip seems to continually do the best job.

The destist picks are either too sharp to handle the oil/wax with or too broad and the oil/wax seems to run up the tool instead of to the heat plate.

So I ask you, the hash experts, what is the optimal dabber?

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
a filed stainless spoke is nice. i file the tips like hockey sticks, and bend them to sit on the table, tip angled down so the residue drips towards the application end.

Anything

EEEEEEEEEE>---+ EEEEEEEEEEEEE>---= something like that maybe?

Yea I think you're right on the shape, there needs to be a point of the dabber, near the tip, that's girth is smaller than the actual tip so it gets hotter than the tip which won't allow the oil to run UP the dabber.

At least that's what I think.

jump117

Veteran
picture.php

bloyd

Veteran
I have and absolutely love the titanium dabber that aqualab sells. It is vastly overpriced for a piece of titanium that is the size if a toothpick. I felt taken when I received it, But, a year and a half later it still looks as good as day one. The tip is great and it is very durable. If I ever lose this I will buy another despite the price.

hashcat88

shit....my ex gf got me a 4pack of lock picks/dental picks for 3.99$ like 3 years ago. picked out my favorite one (one end with a short curve, one end with a big curve) and have been dabbing with it ever since. works great.

i was cracking up when i saw people selling them at the hemp expo in oakland for 10$ for ONE!!!! HAHAHAHA

irontiger

Cracking up huh? No problem enjoy the shits and giggles on us. I know i for one have likely spent 10 on one before, not sure they are usually a package deal thing, but i enjoy the nice ones as well as my dental picks. I really like my skillet tools dabbers a lot.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How things change. I ended up using picks from Harbor Freight, or a dipper on the handle of the carb cap.

I like stainless steel lab spatulas best. However most of the time I use tools out of a 12 piece clay carving set. Or a regular titanium carbcap/dabber. I dislike those however because the rounded shape catches oil and when you flip it to cap the nail it runs down the dabber. Best thing I've used is still a paperclip honestly, I like the way it lets go of the oil onto the nail so easily. Something thin and ready to accept the heat from the nail to drop the oil works best for me

redlaser

Veteran
I had an aqualab dabber until i bent and broke the tip off. Since then a paperclip works as well, doesn't really have the issue of claim running up the dabber for some reason.

Latest posts

Latest posts