What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FINDING REAL SKUNK VARIETALS

Sunshineinabag

I grew up in a town called duxbury.........we weren't popular or pretty, in fact the closest town that was decent in size contained the state mental hospital which was great to help employ parents to support families but always interesting going grocery shopping and having the pyschiatrict half way house right by the only grocery store in town back then, you never know who you'd run into shopping that day! Lol it was fun! I also grew up next too some of the best deer hunters in the world!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/16/whitetail-fear-benoit/14051381/

Grew up with a couple of them! Tell ya what! Learning the woods helped me grow to appreciate gardening! Guerilla and not guerilla! I grew up around cultivars I haven't seen since Charlie Brown was on television! Up our way it's was basicly a trinity of varietals......afghanis,skunks,hazes.......
Once in awhile we would see donkey dick Northern light plants but those weren't as prevalent as the others I've mentioned. So here I go treading where thousands have treated before, hoping I can find way to keep this cultivar going up here in Vermont. THERES not much I won't do to make this happen. Can anyone give some advice or insight on this endeavor please!?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Happy Times

A few Skunk strains I’ve seen offered in seed form but haven’t really seen reviews on, no personal experience either

Med man: Road Kill Skunk
La Plata: Big Skunk
Bodhi: Appalachian Super Skunk

Of course Sensi Super Skunk, don’t know how good they are lately

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Med Clown is a joke and his "rks" isn't remotely close to Skunk.

Realgorillaseeds has Ancestral Skunk seeds.

Duke Diamond reportedly has some fine skunk hybrids.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Med Clown is a joke and his "rks" isn't remotely close to Skunk.

Realgorillaseeds has Ancestral Skunk seeds.

Duke Diamond reportedly has some fine skunk hybrids.

I'm waiting for Kevin Jodry to get his little project wrapped up.

That guy knows his shit. And have no doubt in my mind his Skunk will be in a class by itself. When it's released...

Sunshineinabag

Hopefully right! ^^^^^^ he got me all psyched up when he did the wonderland video highlighting his willingness to put the work in and I agree with above poster, if ANYONE can find this varietals phenotype expressions of straight garlic skunk!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I do think Kevin Jordy has some fire Skunk. I'm sure eager to see some journals or grow reports.

My dog got loose last year and grabbed a skunk and shook it. He was literally dripping when he hightailed it back to me. Strongest skunk spray I ever smelled. It was overpowering garlicky skunk spray. Brought back memories. And the damn dog still smells like that after months when he get wet.

Drewsif

I wonder what makes skunk spray different from skunk to skunk. You got positrack burnout on one end of the spectrum, and sour garlic biolemon on the other end. Is it diet, health, or genetic? Some people say it all smells like burnt tire, which sheds a lot of light on problems with Cannabis breeders.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I wonder what makes skunk spray different from skunk to skunk. You got positrack burnout on one end of the spectrum, and sour garlic biolemon on the other end. Is it diet, health, or genetic? Some people say it all smells like burnt tire, which sheds a lot of light on problems with Cannabis breeders.
Skunk spray is made of 3 main components, it's probably the different ratios of those components, plus other trace elements that affect the smell/taste. I know that all citrus on this planet is hybridized out of 3 main plants, and look at all the different kinds we have!
ss%20minor.jpg

Robney

I got some skunk like terps and similar potency in smell (crack the jar and the whole room/car reeks) from some og kush. Threw me off completely cuz when I ran the same cut in different nutrient set up I got a really sweet/diesel og. I posted this another place, but since you're looking, maybe it will help, but I think you gotta find out what the old school guys were running for nutes and lights, and then use that with whatever genetics you decide to look in.

Sunshineinabag

Lmao we had a wicked one during the late 90's that used to love the veggie shed........she had rotten garlic special spray.......never forget her special spray!:laughing:

Sunshineinabag

I got some skunk like terps and similar potency in smell (crack the jar and the whole room/car reeks) from some og kush. Threw me off completely cuz when I ran the same cut in different nutrient set up I got a really sweet/diesel og. I posted this another place, but since you're looking, maybe it will help, but I think you gotta find out what the old school guys were running for nutes and lights, and then use that with whatever genetics you decide to look in.

Hey rob sooooo much helpful info in such a little area brother! May I ask u how I could go about finding these older techniques? I do know that dad used to use reg aspirin the regulate his water....he died a few years ago...........I've had a hard time trusting or getting over losing him.......in fact I'm still searching for a grow buddy on par with me.............wtf it never used to be so hard to find good people

Sunshineinabag

Interested in keeping this going with HELPFUL farmers who don't shove their egos onto others please!
QUOTE=browntrout;8476339]If not posted already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH9sD4g5gUw

The ending is quiyte interesting.[/QUOTE]

When he discusses plants "never being over 20 points" what exactly is he referring to!? What exactly does Kevin mean? Please?