What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowering

gardener60

Looking for some advice on what to use for flowering to get big buds. I am in my 3rd week of flowering. I would prefer to have something that is dry, water soluble and organic. Thanks in advance.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Completely depends on what you already have going. Could you provide a bit more information? What's your grow style? Greenhouse, indoor, outdoor? Soil, Hydro?

What type of genetics? Some are going to have larger flower than others naturally.

Do you want maximum yield, or do you want maximum resin/terpene production?

gardener60

Thanks for the speedy reply. I am growing indoors DTW and trying to keep it simple. I am growing in some homemade potting mix that has Coco, sheep peat, mushroom compost, composted steer manure, worm castings, vermiculite and perlite. I am looking for maximum yield. Thanks

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Interesting. Well, there are a lot of ROLS growers here (roll your own soil) so there's a lot of information archived away. Soil isn't my forte, but I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

Do you have the exact measurements you used for your amendments? This can help a lot when someone is trying figure out what may be beneficial.

Having low environmental stresses, and feeding the absolute minimum necessary for full health, will make for a very good yield. Keep in mind cannabis will not be 'pushed' with nutrients to yield more. More nutrients than needed will actually reduce your yield and potency, along with quality. Walk the fine line. ;)

gardener60

The Coco, sheep peat, mushroom compost, composted steer manure were measured at a 5 gallon bucket of each if that helps. thanks.

gardener60

The reason i say dry is that is cheaper that way to ship. I have water and i can mix my own. Guano and kelp sounds good.